Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Georgie's booking

2»

Comments

• Options
    Lennon running half the length of the pitch to have ago at the Linesman should have been a booking---or sent to stand. If a player had run as far as Lennon to have a go at an Official the ref would have carded him---far worse than celebrating a goal with ur own fans.

• Options
    I don't remember Jackson being booked against QPR at home last season.
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

What I don't get is his booking will go down as inciting the crowd (all he did was celebrate scoring in front of his own fans)
    surely what Lennon did at full time deserves a punishment as he was not celebrating a goal but was definitely inciting the crowd

what did he do?
    he got some stick as he left the pitch and before he went down the tunnel he turned to the north stand and started clapping (sarcastically)
    The fans deserve to get a bit of stick back. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.
  • Options
    So if George took his shirt off and then jumped into the crowd, would he be sent off?
  • Options

I don't remember Jackson being booked against QPR at home last season.

He did get booked
  • Options
    Jarman said:

George gets booked for celebrating an incredibly well taken goal.
    But that little scrotum jay spearing notches up foul after foul and gets nout.

I wonder if we could somehow make a banner to express our disdain against modern football!
    ;)

I thought the same,both spearing and danns got away with lots of very niggly fouls,thought the ref started off pretty well but went downhill rapid!
  • Options
    Jodaius said:

• he removes his shirt or covers his head with his shirt
    Interesting. So every time a player pulls his shirt over his head - which usually happens after a terrible mistake - he should be booked, as I don't recall this ever happening?
    The above interpretation relates specifically to goal celebrations.

Someone once told me that the rule about removal of shirts was put into place to ensure that sponsor logos remained visible during goal celebrations, which is often when the TV close-ups of players are seen, particularly in highlights shows such as MOTD and FLS. Not sure if it's true but would sort of make sense.

Sorry, but that's a load of old tosh . Like most things nowdays its about religion. No idea which one(s) but it is something to do with not being bare chested. It is also an offence to have something written on a shirt underneath.....although I believe recently a player was let off without a booking as it was in memory of a team mate who had just died.
  • Options

Jodaius said:

• he removes his shirt or covers his head with his shirt
    Interesting. So every time a player pulls his shirt over his head - which usually happens after a terrible mistake - he should be booked, as I don't recall this ever happening?
    The above interpretation relates specifically to goal celebrations.

Someone once told me that the rule about removal of shirts was put into place to ensure that sponsor logos remained visible during goal celebrations, which is often when the TV close-ups of players are seen, particularly in highlights shows such as MOTD and FLS. Not sure if it's true but would sort of make sense.
    Sorry, but that's a load of old tosh . Like most things nowdays its about religion. No idea which one(s) but it is something to do with not being bare chested. It is also an offence to have something written on a shirt underneath.....although I believe recently a player was let off without a booking as it was in memory of a team mate who had just died.

Will never forget what happened with Billy Sharpe
    and the common sense shown by the ref not to book him