Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fulham vs Charlton Ath. | Fri 24th Oct 2014 | Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    3-2 win for us Jackson, Tucudean and Bikey the beast with a last minute winner, looking forward to this one.
  • Options
    2-1 addicks, as some have sad time to break the Sky jinx.....I'll be away from home but watching on TV, so no match thread from me, but I guess the majority will either be at the game or tuned in wherever in the world they live. Match thread from me will be back Saturday week.
  • Options
    Mr Stroud in charge with the little bald lino who made the massive mistake when we played Fulham in December 2006 and the incorrect offside decision against BWP on a live sky game against Palace 2 years ago on the line as well.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Mr Stroud in charge with the little bald lino who made the massive mistake when we played Fulham in December 2006 and the incorrect offside decision against BWP on a live sky game against Palace 2 years ago on the line as well.

Jesus wept not Stroud! Do they wheel him out just to piss us off?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Omens are good then!
  • Options
    Game of two halves I think, 1-1, big George.
  • Options
    Have a spare ticket if anyone needs ...
  • Options
    Last ten aways to Fulham

W0 D3 L7

Never seen us get a draw away, and not expecting anything to change on Friday

#happyAFKA

• Options
    I just hope Dowie plays two wingers.

Also put Kish in to stop Claus and we may get a result.
  • Options
    We are going tomorrow evening and have seen us win at Fulham 3 times and draw a few as well.

We won in the FA Cup 2.1 in 1980-81. Peter Shaw and Killer Hales scored
    Division 2 in 1983-84 Paul Curtis Scored late on to win it 1.0
    Division 2 in 1985-86 Not sure who scored that night, maybe Mark Stuart got a couple? We won 3.0

Maybe tomorrow will see us win there again!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Given how narrowly Palace scraped into the playoffs that year, that incorrect decision has been worth millions to them. I think it blew BWP's confidence as well.

• Options
    0-7 Charlton's favour.
    Vetokele to return with a hat trick
    Tucudean to bag one and get an assist.
    Jackson to get one
    one will be an Oggy
    and finally Bulot will finalise matters.

If Carlsberg made away days...

Realistically 1-1
  • Options
    BOB PEETERS PRE-FULHAM
    "We had a good chat on Monday with the boys about the way things have been going and what they would like to in training."

"We bounced with three points."

"I knew it was going to be a tough game against Bolton and we were without Vetokele, Gudmundsson and Solly."

"I would like to see us push higher, but players make decisions and when you get results they have done well."

"It is important if we bring in players they must be of good quality."

"I had a good dinner with the owner on Monday and we discussed everything about Charlton."

"He [the owner] knows what we want and I think he can provide it."

"Kit Symons rested four or five players on Tuesday so he means business tomorrow."

"I can't rest any players as our bench on Tuesday was an U21 bench apart from Michael Morrison."

"Igor Vetokele will not be involved on Friday. He is getting better with his Achilles but we will not risk him."

"George Tucudean was given a boost by his goal and assist on Tuesday. I thought he did well."

"Everybody came well out of training on Thursday so we will now pick the team for tomorrow."

"We only have 18 or 19 players and I discussed this with the chairman."

"We don't want too many players, but you want to have a squad of about 20 quality players."

"Yoni Buyens will not be available for the game at Fulham as he is suspended after picking up his fifth booking."

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20141023-pressday-live-2034810.aspx#PEXfg5CehKKxuekT.99
  • Options
    Nobody remember Orient? Friday 13th August 2010 live on Sky 3-1 win for the mighty Addicts; McOxo, Waggie and Solly scored for us.
    Down to 10 men after Daley went for two yellows.

Last time my mate and I saw us win away. Ok we don't do away that often, but its far from unheard of either, we are the away curse of CAFC.

Sorry we will be in attendance

Logically its could be a difficult night 0-3 even, sod logic 2-0 Charlton, I am feeling bullish.
  • Options
    Outside of Vetokele, is he suggesting everyone trained well?

No mention of JBG, so I am hoping he may be back.
  • Options
    In for a tough time. Scott Parker will further piss us off. 1-1 is optimistic and can see them winning 2-2.
  • Options
    Defence will need to be in top form. They will dominate midfield . 2 - 0 to Fulham
  • Options
    1-1, Parker for them, George for us
  • Options
    Park the bus...then park another one behind it.

If we get lucky we could score via set piece and produce another sexy smash an grab.
  • Options
    Its not the attitude I want...but more so the realistic one we probably have to go with..

Us dominating possession against Fulham...about as likely as an englishman catching ebola
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't think we have anything to fear. We're a better team than Fulham. They are nowhere near the team they were last year and hardly have any Premier League players left. They're struggling for a reason. We should go and win this one.
  • Options
    I find us impossible to predict.
    After witnessing Saturday's no show against Bournemouth I didn't see a home win against Bolton.
    It's weird - we don't dominate games, we don't dominate possession, we seem to pick up wins with moments of quality.
    How can you predict that?
    Having all but abandoned playing it out from the back, the new tactic seems to be punt it long towards Cousins head (or, God forbid, Fox!).
    Bizarrely Cousins actually had some success winning these aerial battles on Tuesday. Who'd a thought that?
    2-0 Fulham.
    (Unless of course we pull some more unexpected moments of magic out of the hat - then , better say 3-2 Charlton :-)
  • Options

2-1 addicks, as some have sad time to break the Sky jinx.....I'll be away from home but watching on TV, so no match thread from me, but I guess the majority will either be at the game or tuned in wherever in the world they live. Match thread from me will be back Saturday week.

I don't have any sad time.
    Sorry Red, I love your match threads, but life is too short.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Hard Fought 1-0 win (Tucudean) to Bob Peeters either black or tequila sunrise army
  • Options
    I think we're more geared up for playing away from home at the moment, especially with JBG and Buyens out. We could sneak this 2-1.
  • Options
    the binary bores will return with a 1-0 defeat if we're lucky
    More than likely we lose 3 or 4-0 and everyone will say how the hell were you 5th (joint)
  • Options
    Good idea ooh aah.
    Can you bring it with you to cubicle 2, North Upper......
  • Options
    I'm really looking forward to this. If everyone plays out of their skins it could be a night to remember. Certainly a good atmosphere. Happy Cousins will presumably in the middle, too.
  • Options
    Could Bob spring a surprise and push Bikey into defensive midfield?