Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Kane

Comments

• Options
    All you need to know is he scores lots of goals. No amount of criticism about his pace, touch, work rate or anything else even enters into it. He scores goals and goals of all types. 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    I cannot for the life of me fathom why anyone in his position would go to United. What a waste that would be.
    Money? 
    Since Bruno Fernandes arrived they have looked at totally different side with the results confirming it too - Won 6 and Drawn 3 and have won at Chelsea and beaten City in that time. That's without Rashford too. They've also only let in 2 goals in their last 11 matches with Maguire at last finding his feet.

A midfield and forward line including Fred, Fernandes, Martial, Rashford and Kane would be infinitely better than that of Spurs. And that also makes the assumption that Pogba will leave in order to fund Kane's purchase but if he doesn't and starts to perform then they really will be a handful. 

• Options
    edited April 2020
    My wild guess: Lewandowski to Real Madrid, Kane to Bayern.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    I cannot for the life of me fathom why anyone in his position would go to United. What a waste that would be.
    I personally think United aren't far off contending again.

Bruno Fernandes has added a new dimension to their midfield. Let's say they bought in Sancho and Kane, you can't tell me that a side with a front 5 of Pogba, Fernandes, Rashford, Sancho and Kane wouldn't be a title contender.

Need to clear out some deadwood though like Jones, Lingard, Pereira to trim their wage bill.
  • Options
    He's already wasted too many years at Spurs. He should be playing at a massive club that wins things. Hope he leaves, but I don't think anyone but a British side will pay 200 mil. 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Harry Kane is greater than the sum of his parts.
    hes not quick, not great in the air, doesn’t have a trick. But he scores all sorts of goals and shit loads of them and they is something lacking in Manchester - both sides of it really

he is English, special, not a nobhead and therefore worth millions.
    i loved Shearer, adored Henry but Kane deserves to be spoken about in the same breaths. His record speaks for itself
    Exactly by no means was I saying Kane is better than Shearer or Henry, which is why I finished my post by saying Kane will finish his career as one of the best in english football

But he is definitely on the same level as those 2 and unfair to say he is not in their class when you look at his record and his age
    Kane is great, but Henry was on a different level. 
  • Options
    I think as a player it would be a terrible shame if he finishes his career without a major title. He needs the chance to win trophies.

Kinda wish i had seen Shearer spending his peak years at United as he would have finished with an incredible goals record.....

Yeah obviously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PD4ri4OhjI
  • Options
    I always value what a couple of my mates say who are Spurs season  ticket holders. They're always very level headed on their comments but they say Kane is definitely world class and that his general hold up play and how much he does for the team are incredible. It's not all about flair or beating 5 players before scoring like Henry did. Kane scores shit loads of all types of goals and my mates' view is he could do it in any team in any league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2020
    God knows why many Football fans ignore hold up play within the game

Watch him when he plays for England, people will say he's done nothing one game but watch the amount of times you see him dragging defenders out of position by coming deep to collect the ball

By doing that he's giving Sterling | Rashford | Sancho etc. the space on the wings to get in behind

It certainly stops the opposition from playing so deep like what we've seen with past England squads because Kane gives them two choices

(1) Follow him into deep and so give him no space (as he can run with the ball, not to mention is smart enough to pick the right pass)
    (2) Ultimately they cant really sit back off him as he's got a lethal shot on him (take the goal against Arsenal for example)

Replace that with Callum Wilson | Tammy Abraham etc. and all your doing is allowing the opposition to sit deep because when dealing with pace, the best approach is surely to limit the amount of space there is to run in behind?

Dont even get me started on the "his scoring record is only decent because he scores penalties" line either!!
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    I always value what a couple of my mates say who are Spurs season  ticket holders. They're always very level headed on their comments but they say Kane is definitely world class and that his general hold up play and how much he does for the team are incredible. It's not all about flair or beating 5 players before scoring like Henry did. Kane scores shit loads of all types of goals and my mates' view is he could do it in any team in any league.
    This.  His hold up play, his ability to come deep and play, his range of passing and his ability to find a team mate goes way below most people's radar.  I laugh at the Bin Dippers who have called into Talksport over the last 2 years that have said they wouldn't swap him for Firminho.  Kane walks into any team in the PL.  There's not one player in the PL that I would swap him for.

He's a very special player.  I've used this description before - he's a hybrid of Shearer combined with Sheringham.  He can play as an old fashioned no.9 but has got the ability to play as a no.10.  No question.

However, no matter what I say, I refer you back to my last post on this thread.  He goes at the end of this season.  If Spurs can get a world record (or close too) fee for him then he'll go.  Its how ENICs business model works.  I think most of us would accept that if there was a guarantee that every penny raised from the sale was spent on regenerating the team.

And wisely. I think Spurs bought 7 or 8 players the summer Bale left and the only one who has really turned out as a success is Eriksen. 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Real Madrid already said no

not sure how he’ll get on overseas tbh - he’s a very English player...I think City might look for a replacement for Aguero though I think Man U will spend big too

probably one of those two if anyone but it will take a LOT of money
    Juventus need to replace 33 year old Higuain

Bayern Munich have Lewandowski, age 31

Inter may need to replace Lautaro Martinez, if he goes to Barca. They do have Lukaku, though

Certainly options out there
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    This.  His hold up play, his ability to come deep and play, his range of passing and his ability to find a team mate goes way below most people's radar.  I laugh at the Bin Dippers who have called into Talksport over the last 2 years that have said they wouldn't swap him for Firminho.  Kane walks into any team in the PL.  There's not one player in the PL that I would swap him for.

He's a very special player.  I've used this description before - he's a hybrid of Shearer combined with Sheringham.  He can play as an old fashioned no.9 but has got the ability to play as a no.10.  No question.

However, no matter what I say, I refer you back to my last post on this thread.  He goes at the end of this season.  If Spurs can get a world record (or close too) fee for him then he'll go.  Its how ENICs business model works.  I think most of us would accept that if there was a guarantee that every penny raised from the sale was spent on regenerating the team.

And wisely. I think Spurs bought 7 or 8 players the summer Bale left and the only one who has really turned out as a success is Eriksen. 
    That always makes for a decent quiz question, most get the obvious ones, Soldado, Eriksen and Lamela, the other four are tricky.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

That always makes for a decent quiz question, most get the obvious ones, Soldado, Eriksen and Lamela, the other four are tricky.
    Were Chadli and Paulinho bought with Bale money?
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Yes, they were.  Thats 5.  Who were the last two?  One is still playing in the PL.

Btw, on a slight tangent.  Paulinho.  Biggest tackling bottle job I've ever witnessed at Spurs.  How the f*ck he went on to play for Barcelona still astounds me now!
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Yes, they were.  Thats 5.  Who were the last two?  One is still playing in the PL.

Btw, on a slight tangent.  Paulinho.  Biggest tackling bottle job I've ever witnessed at Spurs.  How the f*ck he went on to play for Barcelona still astounds me now!
    Capoue is the one still playing in the PL
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Etienne Capoue and Vlad Chiriches.

Capoue came to me straight away because he was so poor in centre midfield in my opinion. Chiriches was one I had forgotten about until I admittedly had to search that last one up.
  • Options
    And the one thing we learned from that episode, how sh*t was Spurs' scouting?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2020
    JohnBoyUK said:
    And the one thing we learned from that episode, how sh*t was Spurs' scouting?!
    When it looked like you were getting Willian that summer I thought getting Soldado, Willian, Lamela and Eriksen for roughly the Bale price was great business.

Soldado looked like a great buy....
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    I personally think United aren't far off contending again.

Bruno Fernandes has added a new dimension to their midfield. Let's say they bought in Sancho and Kane, you can't tell me that a side with a front 5 of Pogba, Fernandes, Rashford, Sancho and Kane wouldn't be a title contender.

Need to clear out some deadwood though like Jones, Lingard, Pereira to trim their wage bill.
    Agreed. Their defence was weak but Maguire and Wan-Bissaka have improved that side of things. With De Gea, Shaw, Lindelof and McTominay they are not looking to bad at all. 
  • Options
    According to SSN Kane hasn't turned up for training today. No doubt Spurs will issue a statement saying that he is being given extra time off to recover from the Euros.
  • Options
    According to SSN Kane hasn't turned up for training today. No doubt Spurs will issue a statement saying that he is being given extra time off to recover from the Euros.
    Man City have given Sterling, Stones, Foden and Walker an extra week off training.
    They will not feature in Charity Shield I guess.

• Options
    These stats do look at bit ridiculous when read in conjunction with each other:

Games - 401
    Goals - 237
    Assists - 52
    Trophies - 0

Wonder how many top flight players have achieved those personal milestones and won nothing. I cannot see that staying at Spurs will improve the situation in the short term and who, given he is 28 now, could blame him for wanting to leave?
  • Options
    Will be interesting how the media plays it. 

Usually they would come out against the player, being 'ungrateful' or 'disrespecting the fans'. 
  • Options
    289 goal interactions in 401 games.... That is crazily good.
  • Options
    It might be the outstanding years on his contract is the sticking point? 🧐
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    We have no idea what that slippery toad Levy has promised Kane