Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Kane

Comments

• Options
    Agree with the above, but, Kane did sign the contract which said he would be a THFC player for (4/5?) years.
    I'm sure he is still being paid by the club.
  • Options
    Agree with the above, but, Kane did sign the contract which said he would be a THFC player for (4/5?) years.
    I'm sure he is still being paid by the club.
    Kane could have signed a shorter term contract - but that would have suited Spurs even less Kane than because they would not have been able to command the sort of fee that they can now. 
  • Options
    I wonder what sky sports news will be reporting on for 50 minutes every hour for the rest of the day.

onlybreduced to 50 because of the olympics
  • Options
    Never agree with players refusing to turn up. But Kane needs to leave as Spurs are just going backwards 
  • Options
    If he has refused to turn up then he is effectively 'doing a Lyle'.
  • Options
    Will be a bit awkward if city get grealish for £100m then decide they can't afford another £100m+ for Kane! That's what it says in bbc rumours anyway. As much as people seem to hate levy, he's just doing his job and protecting his clubs asset. Kane signed a contract with no get out clause. A gentleman's agreement is just that, not legally binding. Dunno who kane's agent is, but that was a fuck up on their part. Will be interesting how this plays out, but I imaging the new manager will want it sorted out asap 
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    Will be a bit awkward if city get grealish for £100m then decide they can't afford another £100m+ for Kane! That's what it says in bbc rumours anyway. As much as people seem to hate levy, he's just doing his job and protecting his clubs asset. Kane signed a contract with no get out clause. A gentleman's agreement is just that, not legally binding. Dunno who kane's agent is, but that was a fuck up on their part. Will be interesting how this plays out, but I imaging the new manager will want it sorted out asap 
    Kane’s agent is his brother Charlie.
  • Options
    Funny, H wasn't expected back at Spurs lodge until tomorrow based on Covid testing.  Have to laugh about Sky engineering something out of nothing.

But anyway.  H signed a SIX year deal at £250k + a week only 3 years ago.  Levy holds all the aces.

City either meet the asking price or they dont.
    They are well aware of what the asking price is, its up to them to meet it.

If this is true then I'm glad Kane has done it. Levy apparently told him if he signed a new contract then Spurs would let him go if they continued to fail to win any trophies. Now it's that time and Levy is refusing to honour a gentleman's agreement, most likely because he sees Kane as a nice boy who will get his head down and feel uncomfortable downing tools. Someone really needs to take Levy down a peg or two so I hope Kane's the one to do it
    Kane has been told he can go if the price is met.  Lecy is protecting THFC and protecting one of his main assets.  Every player at Spurs will always have a price on their heads, its the way our business model works.  If City are considering actually paying £100m for Grealish, thats puts the price Spurs want for Kane into context and it certainly isn't unreasonable.  But, City would be bonkers paying it as they could probably get Haaland for less.

[By the sounds of it, Spurs have got deals all lined up with the money, and they are waiting patiently for City to show them the money.  Struggling to see what Levy has done wrong here in all honesty (and trust me, there's nothing more than I like doing is finding fault in him!)]

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    YTS1978 said:
    Kane’s agent is his brother Charlie.
    Well there you go then! Didn't know that. Maybe he should have sought better advise when signing his last deal. He'll probably still get the move as no one wants an unhappy player, but it kinda spoils his Spurs "legend" status tbh
  • Options
    I can imagine what Levy has told Kane and what Spurs fans think Levy has told Kane, are two entirely different things.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Funny, H wasn't expected back at Spurs lodge until tomorrow based on Covid testing.  Have to laugh about Sky engineering something out of nothing.

But anyway.  H signed a SIX year deal at £250k + a week only 3 years ago.  Levy holds all the aces.

City either meet the asking price or they dont.
    They are well aware of what the asking price is, its up to them to meet it.

If this is true then I'm glad Kane has done it. Levy apparently told him if he signed a new contract then Spurs would let him go if they continued to fail to win any trophies. Now it's that time and Levy is refusing to honour a gentleman's agreement, most likely because he sees Kane as a nice boy who will get his head down and feel uncomfortable downing tools. Someone really needs to take Levy down a peg or two so I hope Kane's the one to do it
    Kane has been told he can go if the price is met.  Lecy is protecting THFC and protecting one of his main assets.  Every player at Spurs will always have a price on their heads, its the way our business model works.  If City are considering actually paying £100m for Grealish, thats puts the price Spurs want for Kane into context and it certainly isn't unreasonable.  But, City would be bonkers paying it as they could probably get Haaland for less.

[By the sounds of it, Spurs have got deals all lined up with the money, and they are waiting patiently for City to show them the money.  Struggling to see what Levy has done wrong here in all honesty (and trust me, there's nothing more than I like doing is finding fault in him!)]

Levy's model sounds well and good. Until the next time that Kane injures his ankle but this time says that he won't rush back until he is fully recovered. 
  • Options
    I agree with you.  I honestly think its time to move him on.  As good as he is, his ankles are too fragile.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    If he has refused to turn up then he is effectively 'doing a Lyle'.
    Lyle Taylor refused to play nine entire league games of a season during a relegation battle.

Harry Kane has missed a day of training.

There’s quite a difference IMO.
    Ok...he's on the road to 'doing a Lyle'  :)

• Options
    England still living rent free in their heads…
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Tricky one this & I can see both sides

Kane wants to leave to win trophies & I don't think anyone would begrudge him that at this stage of his career.  Levy's argument would be that he can go, but only if his valuation of Kane is met, so he's not refusing to let Kane go, but will only let him go if the deal is right for his football club.  I can understand that.

The trouble is with Levy, his valuation of Kane is likely to be ridiculous & another club may not be willing to pay it.  Something will have to give as the transfer deadline draws closer
  • Options
    Kane is being too nice. He has well and truly earned the right to get the hell out of that club and move on to better things. 

His emotional attachment to Tottenham is now currently an unfortunate set back for him.

Don't be a people pleaser. 

A lot of other players just behave like arrogant knobheads and believe the sun shines out of their ass...but some of them end up having successful careers.

Wayne Rooney is a perfect example. The trade off was leaving the club he loves....in order to make the most out of his career and win a lot of trophies. He definitely made the right decision.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    ?
  • Options
    It’s a shame Spurs couldn’t give him a platform to win stuff, I hope he does leave and win some trophies. But for Abu Dhabi, who have won 67% of our domestic trophies since 2018, to be buying Kane and Grealish for £200m is depressing. 
  • Options
    ?
    See the post above mine.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    It’s a shame Spurs couldn’t give him a platform to win stuff, I hope he does leave and win some trophies. But for Abu Dhabi, who have won 67% of our domestic trophies since 2018, to be buying Kane and Grealish for £200m is depressing. 
    Which club owned by a local boy done good should he realistically sign for instead?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Kane, Sterling and Grealish all playing together for a year before the WC would be great.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Kane, Sterling and Grealish all playing together for a year before the WC would be great.
    And foden
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    And foden
    Grealish and Foden really feel like two that could work well together and be on the same wavelength.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Which club owned by a local boy done good should he realistically sign for instead?
    It’s not a case of me saying there are better alternatives as much as acknowledging how shitty that situation is. What any other club does or doesn’t stand for doesn’t make that any different.

Gary makes a good point - it’d  be good to see a crop of England internationals together, just won’t be much fun watching the richest team on the planet  win all the trophies again. Let alone for the reasons they’re doing it. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    se9addick said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    There’s a north London team owned by a life long local supporter who are trying for champions league football… oh wait. 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    se9addick said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    It’s not a case of me saying there are better alternatives as much as acknowledging how shitty that situation is. What any other club does or doesn’t stand for doesn’t make that any different.

Gary makes a good point - it’d  be good to see a crop of England internationals together, just won’t be much fun watching the richest team on the planet  win all the trophies again. Let alone for the reasons they’re doing it. 

That's simply just what the game is now, unfortunately and it sold it's soul quite a while ago. A chunk of Man city fans don't even enjoy it. They've lost interest.

It is still entertaining and relatively special. It will always be great, but something is missing.

Football should improve again, and hopefully the money easy life overly protective always offended digital age boring nonsense side of the game, will hit a decline.