Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Kane

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2023
    Congratulations to him. A genuinely epic achievement. Now the question is how far he can take it. Another 20 isn't out of the question. I thought he was man of the match tonight.
  • Options
    Deserves to win things.
  • Options
    Congratulations to him. A genuinely epic achievement. Now the question is how far he can take it. Another 20 isn't out of the question. I thought he was man of the match tonight.
    Definitely with the amount of internationals these days. Just in 2023 England have another 9 games. He's 30 in the summer but his game doesn't rely on pace, so you can see him being around for quite a while yet.

22 of his 54 goals have come since 2021, so you'd think if he played another 3-4 years he could get to around 75 if he stays fit.
  • Options
    A more than decent fella and his attitude, desire to win and the spirit he plays the game in is an example to all .
    He gets battered every game and gets on with it , no histrionics and hissy fits , just gets on with it .
    What a player , shame he plays for spurs and played for the scum (Young Player of the year for the 2011-12)
  • Options
    A more than decent fella and his attitude, desire to win and the spirit he plays the game in is an example to all .
    He gets battered every game and gets on with it , no histrionics and hissy fits , just gets on with it .
    What a player , shame he plays for spurs and played for the scum (Young Player of the year for the 2011-12)
    Yep.
    Terrible decision maker and poor judgement.  ;)
    But fair play to the geezer.
    Fantastic achievement!
  • Options
    Fantastic achievement and a genuine world class player. Also seems like a top fella. 
    Not wanting to wind our Spurs fan member up but he really needs to leave in the Summer as he deserves to win some Trophies before he finishes playing
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Great player, brilliant for England, we are lucky to have him. I admire his loyalty to Spurs, I don't recall too many on CL cheering Parker leaving because he needed to win trophies? 

"Needing" to win trophies is a cliche used by greedy players and covetous managers and has now permeated into the psyche of too many football fans. 

Well done Harry!   
  • Options
    Incredible achievement.

And he is a decent fella from a very decent and down to earth family which seems rare with regards to the elite level.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Definitely with the amount of internationals these days. Just in 2023 England have another 9 games. He's 30 in the summer but his game doesn't rely on pace, so you can see him being around for quite a while yet.

22 of his 54 goals have come since 2021, so you'd think if he played another 3-4 years he could get to around 75 if he stays fit.
    What would help is if he is played against the lesser teams. I recall him being rested for games like San Marino in the past. If there is a game where you expect to win by at least five, if I was Kane I'd want to be starting that!
  • Options
    edited March 2023

What would help is if he is played against the lesser teams. I recall him being rested for games like San Marino in the past. If there is a game where you expect to win by at least five, if I was Kane I'd want to be starting that!
    Sure I heard last night that something like 80% of all his England goals have been in competitive football. 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Kane is an all round class act with all the attributes needed by a modern footballer .. as a respected captain he keeps his players away from the referee during disputes, he is the heart and soul of this improving England squad .. I have seen him play live a few times .. as well as being a gentleman and a consummate footballer, Harry is tough and not many defenders take liberties with him

He is respected by the 'media' but i m o never gets the 'love and publicity' paid to the Rooneys and the pet managers in the game. Always a pleasure to see him . A player who deserves the prefix 'great' 
  • Options
    Kane deserves respect, look at the youngsters coming through they are shown as being more respectful to one another and they all work their nuts off every game.

Lead by example. 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    AndyG said:
    Fantastic achievement and a genuine world class player. Also seems like a top fella. 
    Not wanting to wind our Spurs fan member up but he really needs to leave in the Summer as he deserves to win some Trophies before he finishes playing

You wont wind me up by saying that as I totally agree with you.  He needs to go now.
    Its absolutely shameful the stick he gets for having no medals, he doesn't deserve the abuse he gets. 
    Real Madrid ? .. 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    I would expect the FA to give him a medal to mark becoming the nation's top scorer and that will be a special medal as it is exclusive. He can now put the goals total to a point where I certainly won't expect to see it beaten.

Having said that, if I was Man Utd, I would be interested in a Weghorst who scores lots of goals.
  • Options
    I think last night showed once again how good he is on & off the ball 
    Lead by example exactly how a captain should be we are lucky to have him in the England team 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    AndyG said:

You wont wind me up by saying that as I totally agree with you.  He needs to go now.
    Its absolutely shameful the stick he gets for having no medals, he doesn't deserve the abuse he gets. 
    Real Madrid ? .. 
    I'd much prefer him to go abroad but I can't see it.
    He goes with my blessing to anywhere he wants... with the notable exceptions of Arsenal and Chelsea.

Head says he'll end up at United with Eriksen again and Levy will take a Harry Maguire makeweight with cash.  There's sweet FA chance that Levy will allow him to leave on a free transfer.

(For the record, and not meaning to go off on a Tangent, I dont think there's any possible managerial change that would make Harry want to stay).
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    AndyG said:

Real Madrid ? .. 
    He goes with my blessing to anywhere he wants... with the notable exceptions of Arsenal and Chelsea.

Head says he'll end up at United with Eriksen again and Levy will take a Harry Maguire makeweight with cash.  There's sweet FA chance that Levy will allow him to leave on a free transfer.

(For the record, and not meaning to go off on a Tangent, I dont think there's any possible managerial change that would make Harry want to stay).
    Is Munich off the table as an option?

United would be a good fit, as to for different reasons, would be Liverpool.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If the Man United sale goes through then I think he will end up there. They won't stop with Kane either. He's be following in the footsteps of Sheringham, Carrick, Berbatov and Brazil and given that United were prepared to pay £95m for Pogba, £86m for Anthony, £80m for Maguire, £77m for Sancho, £76m for Lukaku and £68m for Di Maria then I'm sure £100m for Kane isn't out of their reach. And given that Kane will only have a year left of his contract at the end of the season I don't think that even Levy could expect to demand more than that especially as he could walk away with them getting nothing. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    AndyG said:

Real Madrid ? .. 

Is Munich off the table as an option?

United would be a good fit, as to for different reasons, would be Liverpool.
    I don't think he will want to go abroad as I think he wants to beat the English goal scoring record
  • Options
    Great player, brilliant for England, we are lucky to have him. I admire his loyalty to Spurs, I don't recall too many on CL cheering Parker leaving because he needed to win trophies? 

"Needing" to win trophies is a cliche used by greedy players and covetous managers and has now permeated into the psyche of too many football fans. 

Well done Harry!   
    I really don't think the Parker comparison is fair. Parker left us at age 22? For a pay day. He could have stayed with us to finish the job, get us into Europe and go with England to a major tournament in the summer, then leave. 

I think Sven said at the time that if he was playing regular football, he would have been in the England squad. Parker chose £ and to sit on a bench.

kane has given spurs loyal service and they have won 0 with a final or two and champions league football along the way. 

Kane is nearly 30 and if he leave spurs in the summer, it's to have a serious shot at winning silverware and not driven by ££. Well done hary kane for being loyal and achieving what he has achieved.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    One of the funniest things I've seen in Football: https://streamin.me/v/4f8e225e
  • Options
    If I was Kane, I would join anywhere that is guaranteed I'd win trophies. Be that in England or in another country - he cannot go through his career without winning anything significant, would be a complete waste. 
  • Options
    Ridiculous footballer. If you want to show how to play centre forward with backs against the wall, show footage from tonight. Intelligent, powerful, skilful. Geezer is an insane player.
    Yep. The ball sticks to him like it's a computer game 
  • Options

Well done Harry!   
    I really don't think the Parker comparison is fair. Parker left us at age 22? For a pay day. He could have stayed with us to finish the job, get us into Europe and go with England to a major tournament in the summer, then leave. 

I think Sven said at the time that if he was playing regular football, he would have been in the England squad. Parker chose £ and to sit on a bench.

kane has given spurs loyal service and they have won 0 with a final or two and champions league football along the way. 

Kane is nearly 30 and if he leave spurs in the summer, it's to have a serious shot at winning silverware and not driven by ££. Well done hary kane for being loyal and achieving what he has achieved.
    Parker left us when he was 23 years and 105 days old. Approximately. He played 145 games for us and still ended up playing another 450 career games despite only supposedly leaving to sit on the bench. We got £10m for him. How many other players have we sold for that? Others leave at the age of 17 or 18 for the same reasons and we receive next to nothing. But we trust the word of a Chairman, as opposed to Parker, because it suits our agenda to do so when we know that the very same deal broke down in the previous summer. And we now say that we cannot trust that very same Chairman on almost everything else that has gone on at CAFC in the last decade. But it's all Parker's fault. Even Curbs disagrees with that one. 
  • Options
    edited March 2023

Well done Harry!   

Parker left us when he was 23 years and 105 days old. Approximately. He played 145 games for us and still ended up playing another 450 career games despite only supposedly leaving to sit on the bench. We got £10m for him. How many other players have we sold for that? Others leave at the age of 17 or 18 for the same reasons and we receive next to nothing. But we trust the word of a Chairman, as opposed to Parker, because it suits our agenda to do so when we know that the very same deal broke down in the previous summer. And we now say that we cannot trust that very same Chairman on almost everything else that has gone on at CAFC in the last decade. But it's all Parker's fault. Even Curbs disagrees with that one. 
    Who's fault does Curbs say it is, and why? 
  • Options
    According to Wikipedia Parker played 15 games for Chelsea in a season and a half. Not sure how many were starts. 

Don't think there's any doubt he cut short all his momentum that season to sit on Chelsea's bench for 18 months.