Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Kane

Comments

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Spurs are screwed in terms of getting a replacement, so late in the window and everyone knows they are desperate and just received best part of 100m. Can see them ending up with someone like Lukaku or something silly like Ollie Watkins for 80m.
    Levy's usual practice is to have deals for replacements lined up and agreed beforehand.
    Wouldn't surprise me at all if there are deals already in place.
    Will no doubt come out in the wash in the next 48hrs. 
    I read they're interested in Mehdi Taremi from Porto who got 31 goals last season. Only problem is he just turned 31 so would only really be a short term fix rather than a long term solution.

But Levy will like him as he'll be cheap given his contract expires next summer.
  • Options
    Harry Kane has a speech impediment? What is it?
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Spurs are screwed in terms of getting a replacement, so late in the window and everyone knows they are desperate and just received best part of 100m. Can see them ending up with someone like Lukaku or something silly like Ollie Watkins for 80m.
    Levy's usual practice is to have deals for replacements lined up and agreed beforehand.
    Wouldn't surprise me at all if there are deals already in place.
    Will no doubt come out in the wash in the next 48hrs. 
    I read they're interested in Mehdi Taremi from Porto who got 31 goals last season. Only problem is he just turned 31 so would only really be a short term fix rather than a long term solution.

But Levy will like him as he'll be cheap given his contract expires next summer.
    Gift Orban from Gent is the primary target I think.
    Also we were talking to Desun Vlahovic last season before he went to Juventus.  Might be one to watch.
    Have seen Taremi linked too but as you say, he doesn't really fit the profile of young, upcoming talents which we're clearly trying to stick to now with the data-led approach.

And you may have missed it this week but we've just bought a Centre-Forward, Alejo Véliz from Rosario Central in Argentina.
    6'2", quick and knows where the goal is, particularly with his head from the You Tube clips I've seen.  But definitely one for the future.

And obviously, you've got the likes of Sonny and Richarlison that can play up top too.
  • Options
    Maybe Kane moving will unleash Richarlison ? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Maybe Kane moving will unleash Richarlison ? 
    tbh with you, I said last season he was bought with succession planning in mind.  No way we were paying £60m for any player to sit on the bench!
  • Options
    Lyle Taylor to Spurs. He’s experienced big boy school, time for man baby school.
  • Options
    I only got the end of ssn as I was on the phone but I think they said kane is staying at spurs
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I've researched and I think it's fair to conclude that Kane doesn't have a speech impediment. He's just got a distinct speaking style, reminiscent of Peter Beardsley. 

I just wanted to clear that up because obviously if he did suffer from a stutter or delay or something then it would put things like that new England play in a very different light.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Harry Kane has a speech impediment? What is it?
    Jamie Oliver syndrome
  • Options
    He's staying 
  • Options
    MrBurns said:
    He's staying 
    Don't blame him.

Levy's refusal to sell him to a premier league club has come back to bite him on the arse 
  • Options
    Would like to see spurs try for Kolo-Muani but he may be too expensive. @JohnBoyUK who would your preferred replacement be realistically?
  • Options
    nagAddick said:
    Would like to see spurs try for Kolo-Muani but he may be too expensive. @JohnBoyUK who would your preferred replacement be realistically?
    Muani is PSG-bound I think. From what I've seen of Ange's system, whoever plays no.9 will get chances. I dont watch enough European football to offer an alternative but know we were very interested in Vlahovic before he went Juventus. Gift Orban at Gent is the other we know we've actually enquired after.
  • Options
    He’s an Arsenal supporter, why give Spurs £100m? Stay another season and leave without them getting anything.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Harry is 30 years Old and has 3 young Children: Ivy, Vivienne and Louis. Now does Harry want to come back to the UK in 3 years with silverware, probably just Domestic,  and 3 children talking German ?

Harry Kane is a family man so he may opt to stay one more season at Spurs before joining his boyhood club Arsenal on a free and 300k a week on a two year contract.

I'm sure Spurs fans wouldn't begrudge Harry this move 😱
  • Options
    Wants to go back to Millwall. 

Only noticed the other day he was up front for Leicester in that play off semi where they missed last minute penalty and Watford run up the other end and scored to get to Wembley 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Well, this is interesting.  Rumour tonight is that Richarlison is out injured (he hobbled off Tuesday night against Barca and looked fairly uncomfortable) and could be out for as long as 3 months.

Lo Celso has been playing as a false 9 in training because he played there for PSG occasionally.

EDIT >> Richarlison himself has confirmes the seriousness of the injury is fake but he does have a knock.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Kane is off to Munich confirmed 
  • Options
    Kane is off to Munich confirmed 
    Is it? 
  • Options
    I think if I was him I'd stay and try to break Shearer's record. Also why Germany ?  Not exactly the best League after the Prem is it ? 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Well, this is interesting.  Rumour tonight is that Richarlison is out injured (he hobbled off Tuesday night against Barca and looked fairly uncomfortable) and could be out for as long as 3 months.

Lo Celso has been playing as a false 9 in training because he played there for PSG occasionally.  
    We’ve got this player called Chucks Aneke, he’s literally unplayable most of the time. I’m sure the club would be willing to sell him to your lot for a bit under £100m
  • Options
    Flying to Munich for his medical this morning 
  • Options
    I think if I was him I'd stay and try to break Shearer's record. Also why Germany ?  Not exactly the best League after the Prem is it ? 
    Is Shearers goal record really that prestigious it's worth staying for? Haaland will probably better it anyway if he stays long enough.

Bayern will always have a good chance at the CL, I think it's a good move 
    Haaland would probably need another 10 years to bear Shearer’s record, I can’t see him staying here that long. He will end up at Madrid or Barca in 3/4 years time I think.