Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Kane

Comments

• Options
    Thank fuck thats all done and dusted and we can finally move on after the shambles of the last 2 seasons of will he/wont he sign a new deal and the media actively trying to sell him to bigger clubs after he has a good game.

As for Levy, you lot know how I feel about him.  BUT he has to protect the club.  Bayern knew the price he wanted but they didnt stump up the cash until last Friday at the third attempt.  We would have all loved it to have been sorted before pre-season but sometimes it doesnt work like that.  The difference between first and third bids was in the region of what we paid for Maddison.  Yeah, the timing is absolutely appalling but as Ange said yesterday, they knew it was likely to happen weeks ago, so the prep work has been done behind the scenes.

The other side of it of course, Levy selling Kane is now the biggest possible stick to hit him with.  It should never ever have come down to this.  His years of penny pinching on transfers in and pricing the deadwood so high that no one would buy is biting us on the arse.  The squad has stagnated, the quality of football has dropped off a cliff.  One man to blame.

Anyway, we've got a new song for the new season...roll on Utd next weekend!

He left 'cos of you
    He left 'cos of you
    Daniel Levy
    He left 'cos of you
  • Options
    Don't think Levy has played it badly this summer - got £100m ish for a 30 year old you'd have lost for free last summer, qnd avoided selling him to an English club (when Kane clearly wanted to go to Manchester United).

That said, all depends if they've lined up replacements etc behind the scenes.
  • Options
    Don't think Levy has played it badly this summer - got £100m ish for a 30 year old you'd have lost for free last summer, qnd avoided selling him to an English club (when Kane clearly wanted to go to Manchester United).

That said, all depends if they've lined up replacements etc behind the scenes.
    He was on a hiding to nothing.  But its of his own making.

Redknapp wanted Prime Tevez & Cahill, ended up with Saha and Ryan Nelson.

Jose wanted Sriniar and ended up with Rodon.

Conte wanted Bastoni and got Lenglet on loan.

The list goes on and on.  If Levy had backed his managers with the players they wanted then he would never have been in this position now.

Anyhow, whats done is done.  Line drawn and we move on.

Best of luck H, win everything you can and go stuff the Gooners in the CL.

• Options
    Heard a few spurs fans slagging Kane off for showing no loyalty on social media & TV....have a word with yourselves!!

The guy has shown incredible loyalty to the club his entire career,,, but is now at an age where he wants to win a few trophies. No spurs fan should begrudge him that!!

I'm sure he'll be back there 1 day
    That's just standard football fans for you.

If a good player leaves, he's an arsehole who showed no loyalty.
    If a shit player leaves, it's good riddance.
    If a player leaves another club to join you, forget any mention of loyalty to his previous club, he just wanted to better himself.
  • Options
    Yeah don't get me wrong I'm not saying everything Levy does is great, just saying I think he's done OK with the Kane situation this summer - and even then he's lucky Kane is a nice guy and didn't dig his heels in about either leaving on a free or insisting on going to United.
  • Options
    Another decent striker we've missed out on.  :(
  • Options
    I think if I was him I'd stay and try to break Shearer's record. Also why Germany ?  Not exactly the best League after the Prem is it ? 
    Is Shearers goal record really that prestigious it's worth staying for? Haaland will probably better it anyway if he stays long enough.

Bayern will always have a good chance at the CL, I think it's a good move 
    Have to disagree with you . Depends what Kane wanted. He will smash records in Germany but will not get close on the CL front.
    Given up all hope of him playing again in English football.
    Sure his choice would have been to play for another English club.

Haaland or Kane give me Kane any day of the week. Shearers record is safe for a good 10 years at least.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    The right decision. Whether you like it or not, Bayern has a culture of serial winning and Kane will benefit massively from it. Shearer’s much vaunted record is a sham anyway, as if football started in 1992.

Can only hope the mentality rubs off on his England captaincy.
  • Options
    I think if I was him I'd stay and try to break Shearer's record. Also why Germany ?  Not exactly the best League after the Prem is it ? 
    Is Shearers goal record really that prestigious it's worth staying for? Haaland will probably better it anyway if he stays long enough.

Have to disagree with you . Depends what Kane wanted. He will smash records in Germany but will not get close on the CL front.

Haaland or Kane give me Kane any day of the week. Shearers record is safe for a good 10 years at least.
    Bayern not a chance in the CL? 

7/1 second favs

• Options

Bayern not a chance in the CL? 

7/1 second favs

Whereas Tottenham's odds this season are the same as Accrington Stanley's...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Levy’s statement is proper cuntish, lying the blame on Kane in a massive way 
  • Options

Completely ignores why Kane might want that fresh challenge....because Tottenham are well off competing for any trophies. 
  • Options
    Harry Kane was attached to Spurs for 19 years; you get less for Murder.

Harry Kane means a lot to all bona fide English men and Women.

Lovely bloke.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I’m in a weird place with regards to the champs league …. I always get behind the English clubs but there is a part of me that (as a neutral) I would love to see Bayern win it this year now!
  • Options
    I also can’t help but look at this current England team and think we will never have a better chance at winning something over the next few years.  Kane and Bellingham as top players at Bayern and Madrid.  Foden, Grealish, Stones and Walker as pivotal players for the European champions. Rice as a £100m player in the champs league. 

We have crazy talent all on the biggest stages in club football.

This has to be our time.
  • Options
    Centre back worries me for England, apart from that I agree the squad looks strong.
  • Options
    Bayern having a white kit not red this year feels odd.
  • Options
    Bayern having a white kit not red this year feels odd.
    Its so Kane feels at home
  • Options
    Is he eligible to play tonight ? 
  • Options
    Is he eligible to play tonight ? 
    Yes he is... Had to be signed by 3pm today to be eligible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On the bench against Leipzig tonight
  • Options
    Oops... Leipzig 1-0 up inside 2mins.
  • Options
    Spursy
  • Options
    Double Spursy
  • Options
    2-0 now. Kane to come on and start the comeback.
  • Options
    Lol he's not even gonna win a non entity trophy in Germany 😭

He's cursed, lump on someone else to win the Bundesliga this season!
  • Options
    Munich have won 6 of the last 7 Super Cups…
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    He's coming on

Edit: lying bastards
  • Options
    They've had a lot of chances that Kane would have put away 
  • Options
    Surprised how much the fans seem to love him already, whole stadium of Germans chanting "Harry Kane", slightly surreal