Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Kane

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Harry's bags are packed
    He's ready to go
    He's standing there outside the door
    He hates to wake Levy up to say goodbye
    But the dawn is breaking
    It's early morning
    The taxi's waiting
    He's blowin' his horn
    Already Kane can taste the silver ware
    He could die
    So Spurs fans smile for him
    Tell him that your love is true
    Hold his Jersey like you'll never let it go
    Cause Harry's leaving on a jet plane
    Don't know when he'll be back again
    Other thanto get the wife and the three kids
    Oh, he just had to go.
  • Options
    Everyone knows Alan Shearer has the most "Premier League" goals.

Can someone name me the entire Blackburn squad to win the Premier League? - If Harry Kane was part of a squad to win the Premier League, then of course you'd remember that.

But one of the better individual Records here in England, will surely make you remembered, better than the majority of those who have Premier League winners medals, FA Cup winners medals etc.

Might not be the best example, but its like saying Djimi Traore has won the Champions League with Liverpool - You have to go look that up, to be sure its correct.
    Tim Flowers
    Graeme Le Saux
    Colin Hendry
    Henning Berg
    Jason Wilcox
    Tim Sherwood
    David Batty
    Stuart Ripley
    Alan Shearer
    Chris Sutton

That's the best I can do...
  • Options
    Ross said:

Can someone name me the entire Blackburn squad to win the Premier League? - If Harry Kane was part of a squad to win the Premier League, then of course you'd remember that.

But one of the better individual Records here in England, will surely make you remembered, better than the majority of those who have Premier League winners medals, FA Cup winners medals etc.

Might not be the best example, but its like saying Djimi Traore has won the Champions League with Liverpool - You have to go look that up, to be sure its correct.
    Tim Flowers
    Graeme Le Saux
    Colin Hendry
    Henning Berg
    Jason Wilcox
    Tim Sherwood
    David Batty
    Stuart Ripley
    Alan Shearer
    Chris Sutton

Just glanced at their team, which included a young Shay Given (Didnt pick up a medal as didnt play any games) - But didnt realise that David Batty only played 5-games that season for them.

Always presumed he was one of their main Midfielders.
  • Options
    Ross said:

Tim Flowers
    Graeme Le Saux
    Colin Hendry
    Henning Berg
    Jason Wilcox
    Tim Sherwood
    David Batty
    Stuart Ripley
    Alan Shearer
    Chris Sutton

Tony Gale
    Mike Newell
    Bobby Mimms
    Kevin Gallacher
    Jeff Kenna

• Options
    Brownie12 said:
    Ross said:

Tim Flowers
    Graeme Le Saux
    Colin Hendry
    Henning Berg
    Jason Wilcox
    Tim Sherwood
    David Batty
    Stuart Ripley
    Alan Shearer
    Chris Sutton

Tony Gale
    Mike Newell
    Bobby Mimms
    Kevin Gallacher
    Jeff Kenna
    Ian Pearce - Premier League was the only thing he won.

But I wouldnt have known that without looking.
  • Options

He's got the medal sitting in his house, i'm sure that's all he cares about. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    se9addick said:

Might not be the best example, but it’s like saying Djimi Traore has won the Champions League with Liverpool - You have to go look that up, to be sure it’s correct.
    Individual accolades are great, but football is a team sport. A Premier League winners medal ranks above anything else you can achieve in the Premier League. 
    Maybe so... But its like SELR says, its equally what the individual cares about - If Harry wants the Golden Boot over a team trophy, I'm sure he'll be happy enough looking back on his career - Especially if he turned down clubs to win major honours.

No different to the West Ham players winning the Conference League

Despite many fans calling it a "nothing" competition"

That comes from someone who didnt care too much when we exited the League Cup on Tuesday - However if George Dobson etc. wants to win it, or the EFL Trophy then fair enough. I do think that Football fans "care" a bit too much about what a Footballer achieves, when its their career.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    If he didn't move now to a side that can win major trophies he might not get another opportunity. I think he has done the right thing. Nobody can say he hasn't stuck with Spurs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brownie12 said:
    Ross said:

Tim Flowers
    Graeme Le Saux
    Colin Hendry
    Henning Berg
    Jason Wilcox
    Tim Sherwood
    David Batty
    Stuart Ripley
    Alan Shearer
    Chris Sutton

Tony Gale
    Mike Newell
    Bobby Mimms
    Kevin Gallacher
    Jeff Kenna

Mark Atkins scored a few goals from midfield that season too. Think They had Paul Warhurst as well, but not sure if he played or was out.
  • Options
    Mr. Happy said:
    Brownie12 said:
    Ross said:

Tim Flowers
    Graeme Le Saux
    Colin Hendry
    Henning Berg
    Jason Wilcox
    Tim Sherwood
    David Batty
    Stuart Ripley
    Alan Shearer
    Chris Sutton

Tony Gale
    Mike Newell
    Bobby Mimms
    Kevin Gallacher
    Jeff Kenna

Mark Atkins scored a few goals from midfield that season too. Think They had Paul Warhurst as well, but not sure if he played or was out.
    Played 27-games, has a Premier League honour on his Wiki Page
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Macronate said:
    Jesus wept, SSN have put up a flight tracker on Kane’s plane.

Ooo look, you can see Munich.
    Anyone thinking "Lost"?

Your Favorite Stars From Lost Then and Now
  • Options
    He genuinely looks upset to be leaving
  • Options
    Good luck to him. Should have left four years ago 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The right decision by Kane. Will finally win some trophies, plus he won't have the awkwardness of playing against Spurs that Sheringham had.

And he can always return in a couple of years to break the PL record. 
  • Options
    Can’t stand them - the most entitled group of supporters in English football! 

Good luck to Kane, he has thoroughly earnt the chance to move elsewhere in attempt to win trophies! 
  • Options
    FSLN1 said:
    We complain about the owners of our club - but maybe Daniel Levy should also be in the dodgy owners club. 

The PL kicks off in full this weekend, rather than get the deal done several weeks ago or even when the transfer window opened he clung on to his precious desperately trying to wring a couple of million more Euros out of Bayern Munich. It was obvious that Harry Kane was going to go - he had a year left on his contract and either Spurs and Levy cashed in now or they risked him walking away on a free next summer. It's not as though they are playing in the Champion's League this season, they aren't in the Europa Cup or whatever it's called or playing any kind of European football. What was the point of keeping him? So they could win the League Cup? 

In the meantime they missed signing his replacement and getting that player bedded in before the season kicks off. 

He’s great for the commercials of the club….but certainly is not great on the football side of things which, after all, is what most fans really care about. 

At least there is a bit of time to get a ‘replacement’ in - unlike the last day of the window balls up with Berbatov. 

He does spend money on players but appears to have a very poor record in signing ‘marquee’ players that turn out to be shit. 
  • Options
    You'd hope that he's got a few deals lined up waiting to go when Kane was sold, but I wouldn't bet on it.
  • Options
    Always think more English players should play abroad, would help the national team to have more players getting different experiences etc, so interesting to see Beillingham and Kane playing abroad now.

(Jordan Henderson doesn't count).
    Does Mandela Egbo's experience at the Gladbachers and Darmstadt count? 
  • Options
    FSLN1 said:
    Always think more English players should play abroad, would help the national team to have more players getting different experiences etc, so interesting to see Beillingham and Kane playing abroad now.

(Jordan Henderson doesn't count).
    Does Mandela Egbo's experience at the Gladbachers and Darmstadt count? 
    I know he's not exactly shining at the moment, but I bet he's a more rounded player and person having played in Germany and the US than he would be if he'd spent 4 years at Crawley Town or wherever.