Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A commemorative plaque will be unveiled to mark Armistice Day at Sheffield Wednesday match

edited October 2014 in General Charlton
http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20141029-rememberance-day-charlton-sheffield-wednesday-2048753.aspx

And though he won't want the acclaim Clive Harris (SE7toSG3) deserves the lion's share of the credit for making this happen.

Also a lot of credit to Mark Humphreys of PHB Construction for putting the memorial up.

And well done the Comms team for the bumper programme

Comments

• Well done.
  • Great stuff.
  • edited October 2014
  • And silence means silence, not contrived applause.
  • http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/29947/please-buy-your-poppies/p6

Took a while but SE7toSG3's idea from November 2011 is finally about to happen.
  • I'm surprised that we haven't had anyone come on here moaning that the poppy should be white.
  • WayneK said:

I'm surprised that we haven't had anyone come on here moaning that the poppy should be white.

Thanks for that. Helpful.
  • Well done Clive
  • A moving and thoughtful gesture. Well done CAFC.
  • Sponsored links:

• Excellent

and very well done @SE7toSG3‌
  • wow, well done to all involved
  • Well done to @SE7toSG3‌ for getting this off the ground.

The programme cover that Henry posted is brilliant, captures the mood perfectly - I might even buy one !
  • That is an excellent cover well done comms team...... and well done Clive.
  • Well done Clive and all others involved
  • Already a tear in my eye, a huge thank you to all who played their part especially Clive.
  • This is truly fantastic. Well done Clive and CAFC.
  • Looks great. Well done to everyone involved.
  • Another example of why our club and fanbase are a league above the rest. Well done to all involved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yep well done comms team a really fitting cover, it should be a special day and we have mentioned Wednesday's players who fell in the war alongside our own
  • Excellent. I am fortunate to have lived my life in what are relatively peaceful times and not to have had to have given up a period of my life to Military Service.

The Military, past, present and future are so overwhelmingly deserving of our thoughts. I do a (sort of) desk job and just have the utmost respect for anyone willing to genuinely put their balls on the line.

My heart felt thanks to all those who have made this happen.

We do not treat our forces well enough IMO, but that is for a different thread.
  • Donald will be the participant from the second world war.

We have a participant from the first world war too but more of that on the day.
  • Henners - do you know what time the unveiling will take place?
  • 1.30 pm but there should be full details on the OS before then
  • I agree with Suthers Donald is perfect and represents all those in the club who have served in the colours. What with a bugler and piper it should be quite a day
  • 1.30 pm but there should be full details on the OS before then

Ta