Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Ath vs Sheff Wed | Sat 1st Nov 2014 | Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Igor comes off the bench to clinch a 2 - 1 win

Henderson

Solly Ben-Haim Bikey Fox

Cousins Buyens Jackson Gudmunsen

Tucadean

Aherne-Grant
  • Options
    Would love to see karlan grant out wide, seems more of a winger than a striker to me.
  • Options
    According to BP: Igor, JBG and possibly Wiggins on bench and unlikely to start. Igor no more than 15 minutes. The only positive return is Buyens. Bulot and Gomez after international break
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    iaitch said:

I reckon our slide in form will continue. Not particularly alarmed at that it's just the gloating from OP on here afterwards that I am not looking forward to.

Admin. Can we ban his a/c for a few days post match?

1-2

Its not as if we gloat when we beat someone.

I don't mind OP, he seems to call things correct in my view.
    Sorry forgot my tongue in cheek emoticon at the end. OP's ok.
  • Options
    Comfortable home win 4-0.
  • Options

Just hoping the organic pulled pork baps are available again for the week-end as they were sorely missed in mid-week.

i don't know why but something about Organic pulled pork baps reminded me of Golfies thread.
  • Options
    D'Urso aaaaagh !
  • Options
    Madine leaves the Massive ... he's sent to Coventry .. on loan
  • Options
    Doing the VIP season-holder thing for this one. Prawn sandwich brigade for the day. Bet the beer will be crap.

Crowd guess....15,874.
  • Options
    2-1 to the addicks... We go 2 ahead, concede after 80 mins and agonise for the last 10 mins plus 7 mins added time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clowntown 0 massives 4
    Semedo gets all 4
    Henderson MOTM
  • Options
    We need to bounce back once more.
  • Options
    We're due a win and Igor is back........ I'm going for a draw!
  • Options
    St. George scores early on and we cling on to a nervy 1 - 0 win.
  • Options
    luke1 said:

Want to see Gudmundsson play just behind igor, when he come on and played central against Fulham we looked much more dangerous!

I think he's wasted on the wing and that we'd get so much more out of him if he played centrally, perhaps behind a front two.
  • Options
    Re predictions: don't think there'll be much in it but could see it being the first home defeat of the season. 1-2
  • Options
    yes this has draw written all over
    1-1 mu guess
    Bikey due a red card, he sails close to the wind, as does JJ on occasions.

• Options
    Our limitations are starting to show and it's becoming common knowledge we have punched above our weight. With Vetokele 1-1 without 0-0.
  • Options
    Very big game for us as a first home defeat will make it 3 out of 4 matches. I think we might struggle to create chances in this one but I am hoping after last week the defence will tighten up. 0-0 and not much to enthuse about.
  • Options
    Think we're gonna have to mix it up here.. With not many options.. It might work it might work it might not...

Tucudean KAG
    Gudmundsson
    Jackson buyens cousins
    Wiggins TBH Bikey Solly
    Hendo

Pope Gomez fox harriott moussa bulot veto

A very narrow formation but I feel it's the best we can do.. JBG moving to the centre will give us a creative spark down the middle that we've been crying out for. It will also get him more involved with play and get more opportunities to get his shots away! By having him down the middle we need to play three behind him to maintain defensive stability... The usual back four!

Like I said may well back fire but it's the best I think we can do... maybe a bit harsh on moussa and bulot but I feel they'd be better as impact subs against tiring defences...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2014

Think we're gonna have to mix it up here.. With not many options.. It might work it might work it might not...

Tucudean KAG
    Gudmundsson
    Jackson buyens cousins
    Wiggins TBH Bikey Solly
    Hendo

A very narrow formation but I feel it's the best we can do.. JBG moving to the centre will give us a creative spark down the middle that we've been crying out for. It will also get him more involved with play and get more opportunities to get his shots away! By having him down the middle we need to play three behind him to maintain defensive stability... The usual back four!

Like I said may well back fire but it's the best I think we can do... maybe a bit harsh on moussa and bulot but I feel they'd be better as impact subs against tiring defences...

Diamond formation with width coming from full backs and KAG pulling out wide? It gets JBG into a more central role for sure.

Or....Onyewu starts in a 3-5-2. Plenty of height for set pieces, two strikers and JBG in a central area (doubt it...not had enough time to work on it in training).
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Tucudean KAG
    Gudmundsson
    Jackson buyens cousins
    Wiggins TBH Bikey Solly
    Hendo

Diamond formation with width coming from full backs and KAG pulling out wide? It gets JBG into a more central role for sure.

Or....Onyewu starts in a 3-5-2. Plenty of height for set pieces, two strikers and JBG in a central area.
    That is what I was intending wasn't sure whether to put Wilson in instead of JJ as I feel he'd be better in that role!

JBG definitely needs to move inside..

That second option could also work.. would allow the full backs to get forward more..
  • Options

Another 0-0 thriller as this exciting season continues unabated with the best football seen at The Valley for years

Wednesday have sold 2000 so far, reckon they'll touch 2300, another good turnout by them.
  • Options

Another 0-0 thriller as this exciting season continues unabated with the best football seen at The Valley for years

Wednesday have sold 2000 so far, reckon they'll touch 2300, another good turnout by them.
    Stick a Jobcentre Plus sign on the away turnstiles and they'll fill it...
  • Options

Wonder whether OP is coming ?

Lock up your daughters/Mums/Grannies !

• Options
    Well its 2.30am and the Chef Wendy staff and contingent just got left at the Marriott with a nice chorus of Valley Floyd Road :-)
  • Options
    Charlton 1-1 Wednesday.
  • Options
    One goal. Either way.
  • Options

Tucudean KAG
    Gudmundsson
    Jackson buyens cousins
    Wiggins TBH Bikey Solly
    Hendo

Bulot and possibly Gomez not fit until after international break according to BP, probably will include Lennon and one other, otherwise I like the look of that team.