Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why Charlton Life is better than chatting to Charlton fans in the pub

13»

Comments

• Options
    RedPanda said:

Rob said:

From the other side though. Pubs have been helping ugly people get their leg over for years. Not sure you can say the same about CL.

I'm still working on @RedPanda‌ tbf ;-)
    So that's why you always insist on plying me with drinks. If you want we can share a balti pie on Tuesday.

Only if it's a veggie balti.
  • Options

RedPanda said:

Rob said:

From the other side though. Pubs have been helping ugly people get their leg over for years. Not sure you can say the same about CL.

So that's why you always insist on plying me with drinks. If you want we can share a balti pie on Tuesday.

Only if it's a veggie balti.
    I doubt it's real chicken in those things so I wouldn't worry.

• Options
    RedPanda said:

Rob said:

Is that a euphemism?

• Options
    You can spend all night on CL and still get your babysitting money.
    From experience, this doesnt work if you piss off down the pub all night for a chat about Charlton and every other subject under the sun, leaving the little rug muncher on its own.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Since 'like' and 'lol' have become fashionable on most social media, perhaps in a pub situation we could hand out a 'like' card or a 'lol' card rather than agreeing with someone or having to bother to laugh.

Mind you, if someone gave you a like or lol card, it would mean another one to carry around and keeping tally would onerous, to say the least.
  • Options
    Was in the Bugle before the match yesterday, group sitting down on a table in the middle of everyone standing up watching Liverpool, they were 60plus, fairly well spoken and drinking Ale, I'm convinced they're Lifers.
    #InSearchOfLifers
  • Options

Was in the Bugle before the match yesterday, group sitting down on a table in the middle of everyone standing up watching Liverpool, they were 60plus, fairly well spoken and drinking Ale, I'm convinced they're Lifers.
    #InSearchOfLifers

Classic profiling work fella!
  • Options
    It's also easier to arrange secret flag picking up operations on CL.

Also, Millwall fans can join in the conversation without fear of sweeping stereotyping violence.

And OP can join in even though he cant afford the congestion charge and travel expense to reach a Charlton local and even though he might be busy with his fantasy lady.
  • Options

#InSearchOfLifers

If they were lifers, that's left me wondering which lifers.....

I have an idea of which lifers it could be on the premise of them being 60 plus, well spoken ale drinkers....
  • Options
    cabbles said:

#InSearchOfLifers

I have an idea of which lifers it could be on the premise of them being 60 plus, well spoken ale drinkers....
    What paper were they reading?
    That should narrow it down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cabbles said:

#InSearchOfLifers

What paper were they reading?
    That should narrow it down.
    by that description I would hazard a guess as to what lifers they may be, but I don't want to cause offence, as it would be purely tongue in cheek:)
  • Options
    Guardian then?
  • Options
    Not sure, you'll have to ask BR7_addick

• Options
    No papers present I don't think.
  • Options
    Canadians can pop into CL and we have all the fun of guessing if they are Millwall in disguise!

(I dont think the poster is Millwall, but what do I know, I'm basing my opinion on spelling and grammar alone!)