Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scary movies for Halloween

I want to watch scary movies tonight, problem is for me there seems to be no such thing, slasher movies I find hilarious and predictable and other horrors a just not as scary as people say they are. Is there a movie out there that will have me on edge? I have "the Conjuring" to watch my daughter said its scary but she's scared of her own shadow. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    I have a couple of Charlton DVD'S which feature Llera.
    Sorry that is to scary.
  • Options
    A high ball coming down in the general direction of a Charlton shirt wearing Danny Seabourne gives me nightmares....probably find the footage on a 'David Seamans greatest gaffs' xmas dvd.

Ever seen 'the human centipede'?
  • Options

I want to watch scary movies tonight, problem is for me there seems to be no such thing, slasher movies I find hilarious and predictable and other horrors a just not as scary as people say they are. Is there a movie out there that will have me on edge? I have "the Conjuring" to watch my daughter said its scary but she's scared of her own shadow. Any suggestions?

I am the same, things like Saw, Hostel, midnight meat train.
    things that are designed to scare you, dont scare me
  • Options
    the Conjuring is vey good

The last exocism
    insidious
    haunting in connecticut
  • Options
    I saw Blair Witch Project again recently

That's a good one
  • Options
    Very few films actually scare me. The J Horror genre does a pretty good job though. The original version of the Ring was very good. Also another worth checking out is A Tale of Two Sisters.
  • Options
    If it involves a house with a dark past then its usually a complete load of shite
  • Options
    The conjuring and Sinister both fairly decent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I take it you've seen Haloween Sadie?

Part slasher but with a very eerie edge.
  • Options
    The original Children of the Corn used to creep the fck out of me.

Probably one them fils you re watch and think wtf

Prob same as original Salems Lot
  • Options
    Yes I've seen all the halloweens, children of the corns, Friday the 13th etc. I found insidious good as a movie but not scary, haven't seen insidious 2 yet, the scariest film I've seen lately is The Purge, as the concept was quite a scary one (I'm a big thinker) before that the last film that sent shivers down my spine was snakes on a plane.
  • Options
    I dont find movies scary at all, but some thrillers make my heart go a bit.

First time I saw Usual Suspects made me feel like that.
  • Options
    The Original "Omen" . One of the scariest movies ever made. Another great horror is The Grudge ( Japanese version if you can).
  • Options
    Rosemary's Baby
  • Options
    Carrie (the Sissy Spacek version - I can't comment on the new one), Nosferatu - or perhaps Nosferatu in Love if you've only got half an hour and fancy a laugh (Mark Strong is fantastic in it), Mothman Prophecies, Bram Stoker's Dracula (Gary Oldman), Any of the old b&w films with Bela Lugosi or Lon Chaney Jr - The Wolfman is a particular favourite of mine, any film that's based on a Stephen King book. This brings us around to the best of all, IT featuring Tim Curry as Pennywise.
  • Options
    The Rec films are great
  • Options
    Rosmarys baby just for the soundtrack.
    A tale of two sisters is a great shout. Only found a couple of bits scary but it's a good film none the less.

Always get spooked out by the ones involving little girls turning nasty or mentally disturbed. So many of them especially since the success of the exorcist. Japanese love that kind of horror. A few have been remade such as the ring.
  • Options
    Paranormal Activity ITV 11.10
    Poltergeist CH 5 11.55
    Haloween II 9.00 5*
    Van Helsing 9.00 Film 4
    Freddy Vs Jason 10.00 Sky 1
    Dracula 10.00 Sky Living
    The Howling 11.20 ITV4
    Sharknado 9.00 Pick
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Paranormal Activity ITV 11.10
    Poltergeist CH 5 11.55
    Haloween II 9.00 5*
    Van Helsing 9.00 Film 4
    Freddy Vs Jason 10.00 Sky 1
    Dracula 10.00 Sky Living
    The Howling 11.20 ITV4
    Sharknado 9.00 Pick

Thank you so much been wanting to watch Freddy VS Jason again for so long and could never find it
    it is now on record
  • Options
    May I recommend woman/lady in black with ciaran hinds and Daniel Radcliffe. Surprisingly good I thought. Usually the modern day horrors start well with a hint of the ghost/ghoul/evil as a face or movement of some sort in the background, working up the suspense (ie sinister). But as it plays out they fail to hold that all the way through. This did IMO.

Also there is a film about a couple of ghost hunters (man and wife) in the 70s who help this family who move into a house and the wife gets possessed. Can't remember for the life of me what it's called. It's based on a true story. It was okay.

The only thing that proper put the spooks into me when I was younger was Michael aspel's strange but true. No lie. I was about 11 and they showed the episode of the house in Enfield with the 3 girls and the famous black and white photo of one of them 'levitating' in the bedroom. That did shit me up at that age.

I had a brief stint working for lewisham libraries in between periods of education and during a shift at the manor house one one lee high road some people had said it was supposed to be 'haunted' (probably bollocks). So I did have a little mouch up into the higher floors, but didn't see 'owt.

Not really sure what I was expecting, but always been fascinated with all that stuff. Apparently Pluckley in Kent is meant to be quite a hotspot for paranormal sightings.
  • Options
    As above Woman in Black is your answer.
    Great spooky film.
  • Options
    Cabin in the Woods is great, not a completely typical horror film but one of the best I've seen.
  • Options
    Drag me to hell isnt bad,quite a few jumpy bits
  • Options
    It's a bit late, and I've not seen it since I was a teenager so I don't know how well it's worn, but Witchfinder General's on BBC2 at 5 past midnight. I do love a bit of Vincent Price chewing the scenery.
  • Options
    It's in the title
  • Options
    Tonight's Eastenders
  • Options

As above Woman in Black is your answer.
    Great spooky film.

The woman in black is my absolute favorite play, must have seen it five or six times at the theatre. The book also is astonishing. For my self study module in A level English I studied the Woman in Black (and other ghost stories throughout English literature).

If you want something that's genuinely scary turn off the TV and read the WiB novel - your own imagination will frighten you more than any director can.
  • Options
    Will do, ta