Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sint-Truiden

Surprised there was no thread for them as they are part of the network and Polish Pete is on loan there, so decided to make one

Comments

• Options
    winning 3-1 today going top and have a game in hand

two of there goals have come from a Midfielder called Joeri Dequevy who they signed in 2012 playing only his 2nd game today

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joeri_Dequevy
  • Options
    Does RD actually own StT? I thought he got rid.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Think you could be right, I must of missed that, on their wiki page his name is not mentioned and on his page it says he owns Standard Liege, Charlton, Zeiss Jena and Alcorcon
  • Options
    Uboat said:

his girlfriend owns it IIRC
  • Options
    Can you set up an Ujpest thread please?

Also a Carl Zeiss Jena one.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    He used to own them but had to sell them last year because of owning SL......To his missus! He still owns the ground. Sint-Truiden is Katrien's team.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

He used to own them but had to sell them last year because of owning SL......To his missus! He still owns the ground. Sint-Truiden is Katrien's team.

@DRAddick‌

I'm interested in your comment about the ownership of the ground. Do you remember where you got this from, perhaps a link? We were discussing this on the Standard thread, and it potentially involves Jena too, where it seems RD plans a major commercial development like at STVV. The main potential issue is of course the danger to a club where the stadium is owned by a separate company, but also whether profits from the other stadium activity directly support the football club (as they are supposed do at the Emirates).

It would be interesting to know whether, when you say RD owns the ground, is that through Staprix or another company?

This is not to suggest RD is up to no good. But its an important part of the Trust work, to understand what he is up to. And that has to involves studying what he is doing with the other clubs.

Of course the ownership of STTV by his partner (and of Ujpest by his son), are just rubber-stamp legal tricks to fool the football authorities. I'm not sure he will get away with it, especially if Ujpest met Standard in the Europa league, but far worse things have gone unpunished in football.
  • Options
    Bit like when Robert Maxwell owned Derby and his son was running Oxford.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I believe Stayen stadium is owned in the name of Marieke Hofte, Roly's other half.
  • Options

I believe Stayen stadium is owned in the name of Marieke Hofte, Roly's other half.

So do you believe @DRAddick is incorrect?

I'm just interested if anybody has definitive info on the ownership, so that we can log it.

• Options
    From what I remember re my original research into RD, CA is right that RD's partner owns the stadium and there is no direct mention of RD or family among the current club ownership but the Chairman is allegedly a close friend.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Right of the RD photo, second column, last line.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26418684

I remembered reading it ages ago in an article. Found mention of it searching just now in the above article but can't remember if that's where I read it originally. Of course it might be wrong or he might have sold it since the articles were written.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

Right of the RD photo, second column, last line.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26418684

I remembered reading it ages ago in an article. Found mention of it searching just now in the above article but can't remember if that's where I read it originally. Of course it might be wrong or he might have sold it since the articles were written.

Got it. that would imply two separate companies own the stadium on the one hand, and the club on the other, and Staprix could only own the stadium. It will be interesting to see how he arranges ownership in Jena, if he is to build a big commercial complex there.

Of course there were two companies running Charlton in the Murray era.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Uboat said:

Think you could be right, I must of missed that
    Must've Paulie or must have not "must of"
    Ignore it, he does it just to annoy people now.
  • Options
    From looking at the STVV website, the club changed from a non-profit association to a public limited company in March 2012.

"Current listing of directors:
    Chairman/CEO: Bart Lammens
    Directors: Frank Hazevoets (Managing Director), Alain Coninx, Aimé Van Leeuw, Benoit Robert, Robrecht Asnong, Viviane Strauven, Boutina Abrougui, Jeanine Degraef
    Honorary Chairman: Jef Cleeren

Bart Lammens ( Chairman of the Board / Chief Executive Officer )
    Responsible for the general management and legal affairs. Lawyer and until a few years ago, mainly active in the financial sector . After investment in the broadcasting sector and a tennis complex , he is now taking his first interest in a professional football club ."

From an article looking at links to RD/ Standard, it seems Lammens was in the same political party as RD in 2006 and RD invited him to be involved in the Sint Truiden municipality, responsible for town development. RD then asked him if he knew anyone who would be interested in investing in STVV, and he said he would be personally.

The stadium seems to be a separate limited company, NV Stayen, owned/managed by Marieke Hofte - I can't obviously find a further list of directors for this one, and there is some reference to Staprix owning Hotel Stayen, so maybe it is a subsidiary?

There is another article from January 2012, which says that, in return for a reduction of 6M Euro in STVV debt, they will pay a proportion of TV rights and transfer income to NV Stayen for the next six years. A further article from Feb 2014 says that STVV currently pay 2 Euro per attendee to Stayen as stadium rent, amounting to c 200k Euro annually - whereas NV Stayen is looking to double this should the club get promoted to the first division. The headline of this article is a quote attributed to Stayen, claiming, "We are earning nothing from STVV for the new stand." This is at odds with both this article and the earlier one.

It seems to me that Roland likes setting up business deals around both property and football clubs, and ideally in a way which gives him flexibility to move income and profit around and, above all, to maximise profit. Is the Sparrows Lane development his equivalent for Charlton, or will he also have plans for the future of The Valley?
  • Options
    The Valley already has sufficient capacity and while it is in a separate company (in case the playing side falls over) it has always has the same directors for all three companies. There is therefore no parallel to STTV or Jena.
    Overall I do get the impression that M.Duchatelet is committed to bricks and mortar and long term contracts for young players because they add value to the overall entity.
    He has been fortunate enough to pick up the Valley, the training ground and the football club for way less than what it's worth today. And he also has a club which has a database of 40,000 fans and just a few points/places away from one of the three biggest global sports media deals.
    I think it helps to understand activities and structures at the other Staprix clubs so that one can picture what the world looks like when (not if!) we secure promotion.
    More players from Europe will come our way...money may go from cafc to support Staprix.
    Anyone in any doubt about short term intentions for CAFC should look at our latest loan signing announced earlier today - a player rated at £3m just a year ago.
    Anyone in doubt about the longer term picture should join the supporters Trust to ensure a fans voice in the future when it might be needed?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    PA said: Got it. that would imply two separate companies own the stadium on the one hand, and the club on the other, and Staprix could only own the stadium. It will be interesting to see how he arranges ownership in Jena, if he is to build a big commercial complex there.

--

Presumably, the Belgian FA is happy so long as RD doesn't ever own two clubs in the Pro League. Who owns the grounds isn't a problem.
  • Options

It's hard to spot a pattern in RD's shopping list, except perhaps that he does like a bargain ....

Sint-Truiden, which I think he regards as his home town, has 40000 inhabitants and lies in an agricultural region. It must live in the hope that past brief football success will someday come around again, but RD's investment is surely as much about sentiment as it is about potential profit.
    Jena is a provincial town of 110000 in the centre of a region of about a half-million. It has some high-tech industries and a major university which with other institutions adds about 30000 to the population. Unlike other towns in the former GDR its population is (slowly) growing. All-in-all, in partnership with an ambitious municipality RD can surely sniff a profit. The club's glory days of 30-odd years ago at present seem as far away as are the Communist days themselves. But it is not unknown for small clubs to rise rapidly through the lower tiers, Hoffenheim being the best example (and also billionaire-owned).
    Ujpest is a faded capital city club.
    Alcorcon is in the region of another capital city, Madrid - as a football club it is dwarfed by several neighbours.
    Standard Liege is a large club located in a provincial capital, well established but forever resentful at the Brussels' big shots.
    And Charlton? Location, existing facilities, sporting opportunities - for what Roland paid he has got a stupendous bargain. What the young man (68 in a few days' time) has in store for each of his clubs still remains to be seen but CAFC must surely become his top priority simply because of the realistic potential.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you haven't seen it yet, check out Piotr's most recent goal, blinding!

https://facebook.com/PiotrParzyszek?ref=stream
  • Options

Ujpest is a faded capital city club.
    Alcorcon is in the region of another capital city, Madrid - as a football club it is dwarfed by several neighbours.
    Standard Liege is a large club located in a provincial capital, well established but forever resentful at the Brussels' big shots.
    And Charlton? Location, existing facilities, sporting opportunities - for what Roland paid he has got a stupendous bargain. What the young man (68 in a few days' time) has in store for each of his clubs still remains to be seen but CAFC must surely become his top priority simply because of the realistic potential.

Could we be viewed, by outsiders as, "a faded capital city club" or "in the region of another capital city, London - as a football club it is dwarfed by several neighbours" or "well established but forever resentful at the London' big shots"?
  • Options
    or the pot of gold is at the Valley, one season in the Premier League pays for all the investment elsewhere
  • Options
    Won again yesterday. Since losing to AS Eupen at the beginning of October they've now won seven on the spin. As result, they're now top of the table, three points ahead of Eupen in second place. Could be playing Standard next season!!

Parzyszek still isn't starting. Came off the bench to play the second half, but didn't score.

Sint-Truiden appear to have a very young squad. Sound familiar?

• Options
    I started a STTV football manager14 game recently (using the patch which has our takeover included and BP as manager). Currently sitting 2nd in Div 2 in Jan.

Joeri Dequevy is a great player for me. Also got Piggott on a season long loan and picked up John Sullivan & Darren Ambrose on free transfers.................
  • Options
    Won again tonight, 1-0 at fourth placed Lommen. This time our very own Piotr Parzyszek did start and scored the winner.

That's now eight wins on the trot.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    It's all getting somewhat repetitive. I can almost cut and paste last week's comment.

"Won again tonight, 1-0 at fourth placed Excelsior Virton. That's now nine wins on the trot."

I don't know the team news, but Piotr didn't score this week

Sint-Truiden are now eight points clear at the top of the table.

In January, when it was announced we were being acquired by Roland Duchatelet, a number of STTV fans posted warnings that he was not a good owner. I wonder what they think now?

They are playing in what appears to be a wonderful Stadium complex, albeit the Football Club doesn't own it, but which probably ensures sustainability, and now have a great chance of storming back to the top tier of Belgian football with a very young squad.

Could be method in the madness.
  • Options
    Started and was subbed off on 74
  • Options

It's all getting somewhat repetitive. I can almost cut and paste last week's comment.

"Won again tonight, 1-0 at fourth placed Excelsior Virton. That's now nine wins on the trot."

I don't know the team news, but Piotr didn't score this week

Sint-Truiden are now eight points clear at the top of the table.

In January, when it was announced we were being acquired by Roland Duchatelet, a number of STTV fans posted warnings that he was not a good owner. I wonder what they think now?

They are playing in what appears to be a wonderful Stadium complex, albeit the Football Club doesn't own it, but which probably ensures sustainability, and now have a great chance of storming back to the top tier of Belgian football with a very young squad.

Could be method in the madness.

STTV are in Belgium aren't they? Would be interested to see if their possible promotion forces RD to sell liege
  • Options
    Technically RD doesnt own STVV so having them in the same league as Liege wont be a problem.

Now if Liege and Charlton were in Europe together it would be an issue but am sure he'd then offer ownership of us to KM for that season ;)