Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA say the Qatar vote was fine, honest

Comments

• Options
    "...contains numerous materially incomplete and erroneous representations of the facts and conclusions..."

haha FIFA are a joke.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Fifa report 'erroneous', says lawyer who investigated corruption claims

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30037729
  • Options
    it's obvious that Garcia should have written the report seeing as he was the chief investigator. What a surprise FIFA got one of their own flunky's to write it.
  • Options
    In other breaking news, Ched Evans has had his conviction overturned following a report from Mummy and Daddy Evans saying 'he didnt do it'
  • Options
    "damaged the image of Fifa"

That takes the wind out of your lungs.

There was I thinking we were the good guys but we are actually the ones who need to put our house in order. Sligh lot us English.
    I'm less and less interested in international football with each season that passes. For all I care the FA could make Wembly into the home of a NFL franchise.
  • Options
    Trouble is... English FA + Michael Garcia (American), according to Blatter it'll be the two allies just sticking each other again!!
  • Options

Fifa report 'erroneous', says lawyer who investigated corruption claims

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30037729

you really couldn't make this up. Wow.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Did FIFA actually think that Garcia wouldn't read what was released?!!!!
  • Options

Trouble is... English FA + Michael Garcia (American), according to Blatter it'll be the two allies just sticking each other again!!

An American they hired though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

An American they hired though.
    They also want to tap into America's growing football market. This could lead into Blatter and his chums being exposed now
  • Options
    Wait for the fbi report that is under way, Google wouldnt allow garcia to see the emails, let's hope the fbi supeanor them to announce their evidence

Russia even said the computers went missing
    Qatar refused to talk to garcia at all

One of the blokes on the appeal that garcia has requested is in the report for taking money for votes
  • Options
    Blatter also had a meeting with Garcia where he was not allowed to take notes.

The whole world know that FIFA is corrupt and indeed FIFA know that too, the problem is that they don't care.
  • Options
    Where else would an organisation be allowed to conduct their own investigation into such serious allegations?

Wouldn't surprise me if they decide to punish England/The FA now..
  • Options
    Maybe the bad publicity would force sponsors to pull out and therefore FIFA loses revenue.

Surely we are not the only country dissatisfied with the way that FIFA is running/ruining the game.

Maybe time for a get together by the major nations and possibly a Kerry Packer style breakaway from the governing body?
  • Options
    Would never happen unfortunately, the world cup and the fifa sponsorship rights although they cost an absolute fortune, they generate a great income and pr opportunity

I make good money on the back of one of the sponsors and as angry as fifa make me, it would be a huge loss earner to me personally

That's the dilemma for them also but on a much bigger scale
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Let them kick us out. Germany aren't going to hold another WC in the near future. Spain/Portugal are in the same boat as they're probably wont be another WC in Europe for a while after Russia. It would be great we started again.

No need to lose the history of the other wc's, its not like we're suddenly gonna take away 4 wc's for Germany.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Where has this feeling come from that if we go out, the French, Italians, Germans and Spanish will follow us out? Both the Spanish and Italian football authorities are very cosy with FIFA.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fiiish said:

Where has this feeling come from that if we go out, the French, Italians, Germans and Spanish will follow us out? Both the Spanish and Italian football authorities are very cosy with FIFA.

I have just re-read the entire thread, and no-one has suggested that Fiiish. Folev has alluded to that possibility, I said it would be good if the four major players went it alone, never a hint that we should jump and they would follow, but that's quite different.

How do you know the Spanish and Italians are cosy with FIFA?
  • Options
    I reckon Blatter is close to admitting a bit of bribery went on. But who cares. He certainly doesn't.A few brown envelopes never hurt anyone in his book.It's been going on since year dot ...yada yada yada.

In all honesty, today's modern football and Sepp Blatter deserve each other.
  • Options
    It's only a game........
  • Options
    It used to be PL54, it used to be...
  • Options
    I literally don't even know where to start....

If you look at the make up of the the FIFA Vice Presidents, not wanting to sound too judgmental, they all speak of nations where I think off shore tax havens or corrupt dictators. In addition, none of them are a hotbed of football culture or history.

That's all I need to know. Everything that has come out today is just pathetic. It seems to be the one institution that is immune to any sort of scrutiny, like some sort of footballing equivalent to North Korea.

Maybe coming at it a bit strong, but I wish Sepp Blatter a fall and a broken hip. That's out of character for me and I know that's not nice to think of doing harm to any other human being, but just the way I feel about how he has got away with years of presiding over a rotten culture. Just had to say it, and I accept any sort of reprimand if it causes offence
  • Options
    Why would the PL do that and piss of their best players?

I think we should just accept that morality and ethics have no place in modern football, but Blatter does!
  • Options
    All a bit stinky!

Think of the country which likes football the least. Add in real safety issues and a contempt for Football Fans. Throw in an appalling human rights record and dodgy undemocratice government. Add lots of Money........... And that will be the venue for 2026.

I shudder to think where FIFA will chose next!
  • Options

Why would the PL do that and piss of their best players?

I think we should just accept that morality and ethics have no place in modern football, but Blatter does!

Very true, but I have to disagree that we should accept it BK.

Also, I am continually told that the PL players go where the money is, so they shouldn't be too pissed off...