Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I'm a celebrity.... Get Me Out Of Here

Comments

• Options
    I reckon Craig Charles would have been close to being the favourite had he stayed in camp.

I think Michael Buerke is my favourite. That challenge didn't look easy and he was nailing them.

But the best bit was his comment on the camp mates crying over Jimmy. "For Christs sake, he's not dead". Brilliantly dry sense of humour.
  • Options

Did anyone on here see Chris Packham's letter to Ant & Dec, published in a recent Radio Times? (Chris Packham is a wildlife conservationist and TV presenter).
    He called for 'I'm a celebrity....' to be axed, due to its abuse of sentient creatures in its 'Bushtucker trials'. I had not watched the programme hitherto, but did so in order to see what had so upset Packham. I too was appalled. Do as you would be done by. Leave the animals alone to live their lives.
    http://bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29984402

Leave off.
  • Options
    Bullard was funny on the itv 2 show. Came across well at least.
  • Options
    I find the fact a grown man writes a letter to ant and dec very disturbing, abuse of sentient creatures wtf

And you ain't worrying animals poking a camera in their house whilst they are having a kip or a bite to eat

Or taking the piss out of them mimicking their noise so they think another male is trying to nick their bunk up or gaff

Think of the physiological damage you've done to the poor things

Pot and kettle if you ask me
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Did anyone on here see Chris Packham's letter to Ant & Dec, published in a recent Radio Times? (Chris Packham is a wildlife conservationist and TV presenter).
    He called for 'I'm a celebrity....' to be axed, due to its abuse of sentient creatures in its 'Bushtucker trials'. I had not watched the programme hitherto, but did so in order to see what had so upset Packham. I too was appalled. Do as you would be done by. Leave the animals alone to live their lives.

Leave off.
    Not the trees aswell?!
  • Options
    No point in watching it now . The laugh gone , the crumpet gone
  • Options
    He was good value on itv2 last night. Back to his funny self.
  • Options
    I'm amazed anyone watches that utter tripe itv2 show, with the non comedian Rob Beckett. I suppose Whitmore makes it worthwhile.
  • Options
    Talal said:

I'm amazed anyone watches that utter tripe itv2 show, with the non comedian Rob Beckett. I suppose Whitmore makes it worthwhile.

2 words Laura Whitmore
  • Options

Bullard ? wasnt he the dog in Eastenders ?

No that was Sonia
    Thanks VG, I've just sprayed my monitor with tea as I laughed so hard when I read that :)

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Talal said:

2 words Laura Whitmore
    Yeah, but Swash and Beckett make it unwatchable for me. If the screen was permanently fixed on Whitmore then I guess it would be bearable.
  • Options

Packham just wants to scoff on all the animal penis himself. How do you think he get that lisssssp.
  • Options
    is there a vegetarian option on the bush tucker trials?
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

No that was Sonia
    Thanks VG, I've just sprayed my monitor with tea as I laughed so hard when I read that :)

I thought you had been looking at pictures of Whitmore

• Options

Greenie said:

Leave off.
    Not the trees aswell?!
    Thank you Bobby Davro
    bbob said:

Its not a freakshow.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

JohnBoyUK said:

No that was Sonia

I thought you had been looking at pictures of Whitmore

Ha, that wouldnt have been tea!

• Options
    bbob said:

Yep, cheese fruit and onion pasty

• Options
    Daggs said:

The whole thing is a charade. The 'jungle' is clearly an area that has been doctored. The so called celebs walk on what is obviously compacted ground covered with chipped bark. Much of the foliage is either planted by man or possibly is still in it's pot under the bark chips. The whole area is 'swept' daily, just in case a marauding native animal is stupid enough to wander in. The campsite is covered with a giant tarpaulin, so when it rains the 'celebs' need not get wet.
    The 'rats' are pet rodents from a local store. The 'wild' animals in the trials are at best an irritant, but generally are harmless.
    The programme should be called 'z-listers camping in an area just outside the car-park of the best hotel in Australia'
    And the whole thing is subsidised by those who are mug enough to 'phone to save your favourite celebrity'
    And, what's worse, I've sat and watched this load of crap.........................

One saving grace however ....................Ant & Dec make me laugh.

So do you like it or not?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Daggs said:

The whole thing is a charade. The 'jungle' is clearly an area that has been doctored. The so called celebs walk on what is obviously compacted ground covered with chipped bark. Much of the foliage is either planted by man or possibly is still in it's pot under the bark chips. The whole area is 'swept' daily, just in case a marauding native animal is stupid enough to wander in. The campsite is covered with a giant tarpaulin, so when it rains the 'celebs' need not get wet.
    The 'rats' are pet rodents from a local store. The 'wild' animals in the trials are at best an irritant, but generally are harmless.
    The programme should be called 'z-listers camping in an area just outside the car-park of the best hotel in Australia'
    And the whole thing is subsidised by those who are mug enough to 'phone to save your favourite celebrity'
    And, what's worse, I've sat and watched this load of crap.........................

Shocker, who knew all this?
    So, more importantly...'Santa, real or not?'
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Daggs said:

The 'jungle' is clearly an area that has been doctored

you mean those bridges are not natural?

The campsite is covered with a giant tarpaulin

Where - pretty sure seen them getting wet.
    Only this week the paper said they had to take shelter in the bush telegraph during a particulary bad storm.

The 'rats' are pet rodents from a local store

They are still rats - do you ecpect them to spend 3 months before the show starts catching rats?

The 'wild' animals in the trials are at best an irritant, but generally are harmless

who claims they are 'wild'?
    Of course they are irritants that is the intention.
    were you disappointed Michael Buerk was not really at risk during his trial - he was in a harness, where is the danger in that?

the hotel is in a different state to the camp - Queensland / New South Wales
  • Options
    Not just my interest that's waning then! Must admit I sky plussed it and fast forwarded to the end to see who got turfed out last night. Surprised Michael went. It's all taking too long now. I'm coming round to the Jake conspiracy theory POV to the extent that I still care.
  • Options
    Haven't watched it since jimbo left
  • Options

Me neither.
  • Options

+1
  • Options
    I have. It has improved tenfold, and none of you can say otherwise.

;-)