Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kate Bush

2»

Comments

• Options
    cabbles said:

Can I ask, and I don't mean to cause any offence, but what is it about this woman that makes everyone so consumed. I'm not having a pop at her music, music is an individual taste. But I just don't understand the level of hype.

She seems like one of those artists that could do a gig that involves her just on the mic singing "no one likes us, we are Millwall from the den" and NME would be falling over themselves to say stuff like 'epic journey to the soul of a master' or some bollocks like that

I genuinely don't know why every time she has a tour or people talk of her she seems to be positioned as a musical goddess.

Again this isn't having a pop, I like one of her songs that got played on extras. I just want to understand why the hype.

This, a lot!
  • Options
    Is déjà vu proof of reincarnation?
    Discuss.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Can I ask, and I don't mean to cause any offence, but what is it about this woman that makes everyone so consumed. I'm not having a pop at her music, music is an individual taste. But I just don't understand the level of hype.

She seems like one of those artists that could do a gig that involves her just on the mic singing "no one likes us, we are Millwall from the den" and NME would be falling over themselves to say stuff like 'epic journey to the soul of a master' or some bollocks like that

I genuinely don't know why every time she has a tour or people talk of her she seems to be positioned as a musical goddess.

Again this isn't having a pop, I like one of her songs that got played on extras. I just want to understand why the hype.

I don't know really. I suppose it's a bit like being at your wildest house party and getting your groove on. Your mates think you're the funniest guy but you think you're the best songwriter then you stop and think one direction are better whilst reading Charlton life as you take a piss.

I know your mates like to read what you read...
  • Options
    She'd moved to Brockley by the time she hit fame, a few doors down from some friends of mine.

Obviously not to everyone's taste but a musical genius, absolutely unique.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    She's this year's fleetwood mac , they were that year's kraftwerk . Artists or bands you never heard any of your mates mention they were that into but then they announced a comeback and those same mates cried because they couldn't get a ticket.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Dont know about every time, I think this is only the second one she has ever done and the latest is hardly a tour, more of a residents.
    She was and is very original.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

cabbles said:

I don't know really. I suppose it's a bit like being at your wildest house party and getting your groove on. Your mates think you're the funniest guy but you think you're the best songwriter then you stop and think one direction are better whilst reading Charlton life as you take a piss.

Anyone care to translate?
  • Options
    I suppose if I lived in the UK I'd have fancied going to see the show. However, sounds like she did some weird stuff rather tan play the hits (that familiar chant from a few gig's I've seen....'play the old stuff'). That's all okay, but I reckon a lot of those who went wanted to hear Wuthering Heights, Cloudbursting and Them Heavy People, so really a bit of a beard stroking show for us arty type's who spend two hours in a pub drinking bitter and arguing about 'what Kate was really trying to express. In the end I'm glad I did'nt go. Maybe I'll spend the money I saved on a greatest hits CD.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

She's this year's fleetwood mac , they were that year's kraftwerk . Artists or bands you never heard any of your mates mention in they were that into but then they announced a comeback and those same mates cried because they couldn't get a ticket.

Never really thought of Kraftwerk in the same class as Fleetwood Mac or Kate Bush.

Maybe more Paper Lace or The Brotherhood of Man.

• Options
    Greenie said:

Curb_It said:

cabbles said:

Lost me a tad as well.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Athlete are from Deptford
  • Options
    She was in the same class at School with my ex Sister in law. According to her, she was a very creative unusual girl, a bit of a loner.
  • Options

My mum went to school with Sheila Hancock.

So did mine. Dartford Grammar School for Girls. A future Mrs Eddie Firmani was in my Mum's class too.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Greenie said:

Curb_It said:

cabbles said:

Ha!! It made perfect sense to me last night.. It was a pisstake from your post of last week.

Anyway.. I had been out to watch the football. Er What was the score?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

cabbles said:

Greenie said:

Curb_It said:

cabbles said:

Ha!! It made perfect sense to me last night.. It was a pisstake from your post of last week.

From the house party? Makes sense now. How did you know we listen to One Direction though ;-)
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

cabbles said:

Greenie said:

Curb_It said:

cabbles said:

Can anyone help with this post as well ?
  • Options
    cabbles said:

She had a certain allure a je ne sais quoi that other singers of the time did not.

That's why I liked her anyway.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

cabbles said:

She had a certain allure a je ne sais quoi that other singers of the time did not.

From what I can gather speaking to others it is because she rarely steps into the limelight, so perhaps it is so anticipated when she does.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

cabbles said:

Me to. Nothing to do with dancing without a bra in a skin tight catsuit in what must have been a chilly studio.
  • Options
    Not quite the post I thought I had read thought it was about Kate's bush not the signer herself ... but yeah she lived in Wickham street I used to live in the flats next to it !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    if you don't like her music, then that's why you don't understand.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Neither did I until I saw her in concert, she is more than a singer she is an artist. Hope HarryAMuse doesn't see this response. Wuthering Heights is still my all time hated record though