Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gudmondsson and Coquelin...

13»

Comments

• Options
    id agree with OP although reid was inherited from premiership days

• Options
    A Gud Coq extension please
  • Options

I'll get pelters for this, no doubt - but Deon Burton was up there on ability. I was distinctly unimpressed with his signing, but he was very good at his job and less than another after signing him I got the impression he was a very, very good player - and only lack of pace prevented hom from having a more successful career.

Mind you, with toss like McCormack, McClown and Francis to compare to, I guess anyone would look good.

Always thought Burton got the best out of Shelvey.
  • Options
    Dale Stephens was great technically and also tall. Shame we didn't see the consitencey in his game, one of the most frustrating players since the prem days but did have his moments for us before going up north to Brighton.
  • Options
    Fuller scored the last goal at Selhurst that we are likely to enjoy for a while.

Him and Solly for me.
  • Options
    simonsen, easy one for me
  • Options
    Lloyd Sam was very gifted.
  • Options
    Gotta be any Reid, he was the staple of our team that would've won promotion. We sold him and we were so inconsistent.
  • Options

I'll get pelters for this, no doubt - but Deon Burton was up there on ability. I was distinctly unimpressed with his signing, but he was very good at his job and less than another after signing him I got the impression he was a very, very good player - and only lack of pace prevented hom from having a more successful career.

Mind you, with toss like McCormack, McClown and Francis to compare to, I guess anyone would look good.

I wished we had Deon when Pardew signed 10 strikers. He was great trapping the ball on his chest, and his physicality was something desperately needed in a team where Zheng Zhi would duck out of the way of a header at Warwick Davis height. Having said that look at his record, he was a very good League One striker. At the higher levels his attributes were his physicality and work rate. Utter fantasy to think his talents were fantasy.

Andy Reid carried an atrociously uninventive team, and was glorious to watch. If you couln't see his genius and talent, then go and watch Semedo tenaciously win the ball and then pass it away or lose it milliseconds later.
  • Options
    ColinTat said:

I wished we had Deon when Pardew signed 10 strikers. He was great trapping the ball on his chest, and his physicality was something desperately needed in a team where Zheng Zhi would duck out of the way of a header at Warwick Davis height. Having said that look at his record, he was a very good League One striker. At the higher levels his attributes were his physicality and work rate. Utter fantasy to think his talents were fantasy.

Andy Reid carried an atrociously uninventive team, and was glorious to watch. If you couln't see his genius and talent, then go and watch Semedo tenaciously win the ball and then pass it away or lose it milliseconds later.
    All true, except you need players like Semedo to break up the play and recycle the ball for players like Reid to flourish.