Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Ath vs Ipswich Town | Sat 29th Nov | 12:15pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview and Predictions

Comments

• Options
    Comfortable home win 4-0.
  • Options

We are binary
    I said we are binary!

1-0

Or to the god awful tune of Chelsea's "Celery"

Binary,
    Binary,
    If you score one then we'll score one and keep it binary!

on that note, 1-1.
  • Options
    for about the tenth week on the trot .. no compelling reason to expect either a win or a defeat .. so a low scoring draw against probably the, or at least one of the two really in-form teams in our division.
    McCarthy has given the Trac'or boys something they have rarely had since the Alf Ramsey and Bobby Robson days .. a tough competitive edge, a bit like the grit instilled into our team this season .. I'll be watching on TV and I am looking forward to it very much.

CAFC 1 v Ipswich Town 1
  • Options
    McCarthy's teams are usually a tough nut to crack and Ipswich are in good form this season. When you add the 12.15 kick off and the live Sky coverage to the mix, the portents do not look great, especially as we only have one good striker. That said, this lot are not are not a top side and we must be due a home win (or a defeat !) after so many draws.

I read that Ipswich had sold over 2,500 tickets so far, so that should at least help to liven up the tepid midday atmosphere. I suppose we shouldn't complain too much; it's not as if we find ourselves regularly troubled by TV rescheduling, not least because Sky can only bear to stick us on a couple of times a season.
  • Options
    Sad to see Henderson is out again, signed that fellow from the Philippines and I expect him to feature (his name escapes me). None the less I think weel play the better game no matter who is in goal. 1-0 Vetokele
  • Options
    0-0 or 1-1

I might even have a few quid on it.
  • Options
    2-2 to please the tv people
  • Options
    Another chance for me to watch us lose on TV. Away win unfortunately.
  • Options

Comfortable home win 4-0.

I can't wait for the day where you guess correctly happyvalley!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think it may be time to try Gudmundsson in the middle behind Igor, think the "Rooney Role" could suit him excellently, allows him to be involved in play more than out wide.
  • Options

Think it may be time to try Gudmundsson in the middle behind Igor, think the "Rooney Role" could suit him excellently, allows him to be involved in play more than out wide.

Completely agree..However we don't exactly have a wealth of wide men... harriot a small bulot onto the left and Wilson and gud on the right.. move gud inside and it limits our options out wide... whereas we have plenty of choice in the middle with jj cousins Buyens coq moussa...
  • Options
    Whatever formation Peeters chooses, it needs to provide effective support for Igor.

• Options
    Worried that we could be without Henderson, Buyens and Vetokele, if so, must be happy with draw
  • Options
    Fourth live game on PPTV for me this season, and perfect KO time. The first three are Brentford (draw), Watford (win) and Fulham (loss). So I guess anything can happen this time. Just hope it will be a satisfactory experience. COYR!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Pope
    Solly TBH Bikey Fox
    Cousins Coquelin Jackson Harriott
    JBG
    Vetokele

1-0 Charlton
  • Options
    Everything points to a loss for this one, so for that reason I'm going 3-0. Got to finally turn this Sky curse around.

Oh and Stubley, good preview as ever and I'm being really picky here but on your formation is it possible to have a flat back 4?
  • Options
    Not feeling confident at all for this but that said Charlton are at their best as underdogs
  • Options
    Given our track record this season, and up against a very good Ipswich side, can't see anything other than a draw? 0 - 0 to give us another clean sheet and if Igor is up front on his own, 2 - 2 to please a TV audience.
  • Options
    It is on sky.

Nuff said.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    0-1 and the Sky Sports pundits going mad for how good Ipswich are...
  • Options

I don't see how interviewing a black or ethnic minority person for the role will assist JBG here.....

:)
  • Options
    This has all the makings of yet another draw which would be our 6th in the last 7 Home Games 1-1
  • Options
    Anyone else chuckle at the name Tyrone Mings?
  • Options

0-1 and the Sky Sports pundits going mad about how good we make Ipswich look...

There we are, corrected it for you.

;o)

• Options
    forgive me Charlton-I am staying in Sussex and watch on the box 1-1
  • Options
    Have to say that Buyens is making a big difference by being in the side of late. His presence , that of gudmundson and vetokele are key to whether we win or not. The back four usually ensure a safe draw but a win is obviously what we want and their attacking play may mean they have come for the win which may well suit us with gudmundson on the wing and vetokele not being so heavily man-marked
  • Options
    Ipswich are really in form at the moment and look a good bet for play offs or more. They have slowly been building and getting stronger. Can they win three on the trot at the Valley? Quite probably although their away record is not much better than ours. 2-0 Ipswich and another dull match for Sky.
  • Options
    2-1 addicks...I'll be watching on TV, so no match thread from me....back again next week as normal...apologies