Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town | Matchday Chat

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Another period of possession results in a shot from inside the box... unfortunately it falls to Fox. Comms are impressed by our play.

Out of nothing, Murphy has a volley shot and Pope does well to turn it around the post. Corner to them.
  • Options
    Really need to punish them here. Not quite sure what's got into Harriott but I hope it stays in there
  • Options
    Armadarrell ‏@djonesjax 5m5 minutes ago
    #itfc need to tighten up a bit and not give Ainsley Harriott so much space. He'll cook our goose if we let him.
  • Options
    we need to score from one of these chances as I can't see Tractors beimg as bad in 2nd half
  • Options
    Phew - close after silly foul bu the Coq
  • Options
    Bugger close again
  • Options
    JBG plays Coq through on goal but too close to the keeper to deflect the ball away.... great chance to score.
  • Options
    Quality tackle there by Jacko.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    JJ fouls and Ipswich have a fk shooting chance from 25 yards... taken short, training ground routine but McGoldrick wastes his shot on goal.
  • Options
    Popes' kick is huge! Just kicked it out for their goal kick!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We're just not putting them away.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Harriott plays in Solly... fierce shot at goal but parried away by the Ipswich keeper. The keeper has been their best player so far...
  • Options
    Solly is looking back to his best.
  • Options
    Pope saves our arse there
  • Options
    Pope makes a good save from a McGoldrick header. Corner for Ipswich comes to nothing but our goal kick. One minute of added time..
  • Options
    enjoying the game should be winning
  • Options
    HT 0-0
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Saffer says "if this was a boxing match, I'd have Charlton ahead on points but we've had no knockout blows"
  • Options
    We should be a couple of goals to the good. We need that striker in.
  • Options

There's a striker down at Bournemouth who scored a scissor kick against Ipswich last weekend, maybe we could sign him?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was willing Solly to put that one away with everything I had. Probably should have squared it to Igor though.

We should be leading in this one, I suspect they won't be so loose in the second half. Considering they had some decent chances already we'll have to be careful. Here's hoping we come out in the second playing like we did this half
  • Options
    I've been really impressed with Harriott so far, he's looked quality - the confident Harriott again. A bit unlucky one of his shots didn't come off, but he's shown some intelligence in the first half. The set up for Solly's chance was good too.

As a team we're playing some nice stuff and keeping the ball in the right area of the pitch; but we really should be capitalising on these situations. 0-0 when we've been pretty dominant for most of the 45 is quite frustrating.
  • Options
    Thoroughly enjoyed that 1st half. Thought we played very well & created lots of chances. Just need to put the ball in the net!!
  • Options
    decent first half .. Solly was superb, Cousins, Coquelin, Vetokele. and Harriot look sharp. the defence looks unusually twitchy, Henderson & Wiggins are sorely missed .. a bit more ambition and we should be on for a win here
  • Options
    Looking very shakey defensively, good going forward though. Hope that sun moves around quickly so it isn't something else Pope has to deal with.
  • Options

There's a striker down at Bournemouth who scored a scissor kick against Ipswich last weekend, maybe we could sign him?
    That the guy that missed that penalty for Leicester and kept them out of the Prem a few years ago? Sounds way too inconsistent.
  • Options
    Good performance.Harriott creating a lot of movement up front.Doubt Igor will last much longer,limping most of the half.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Solly is looking back to his best.

Bloody well wasn't for the first half hour
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Who said we always look terrible on TV? I think the first half was amazingly good!!! A win isn't too far away. COYR!!!