Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town | Matchday Chat

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Hunt awful
  • Options
    It rhymes with hunt for sure
  • Options
    Sorry Jessie not unfortunate. Charlton have been giving the ball away for the last 15 mins ever since Jackson got subbed. I like Peeters but poor substitutions with lack of quality on bench has cost the game.
  • Options
    Team of Hunts.
  • Options
    Agree with weresmeticket, weel need some results to go our fucking way to even stay 9th
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Finally we've been punished for our inability to finish off games. Only 2 wins in our last 9, it's amazing how we're still within a few points of the playoffs.
  • Options
    Sunday league clearance from Fox cost us there as much as our missed chances.
  • Options
    It's the hope that gets you.
  • Options
    This is exactly the result I predicted.
  • Options

Fox had a terrible game, his awful clearance cost us dearly .. bring back Lennon until Wiggins is fit
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Right. Off to the tip with an old sink and a couple of cupboards.
  • Options
    Basically the lack of striking options cost us again today. We played well but without a player to hold the ball up for Igor we are going to drop down this league like a stone.
  • Options
    vff said:

Sorry Jessie not unfortunate. Charlton have been giving the ball away for the last 15 mins ever since Jackson got subbed. I like Peeters but poor substitutions with lack of quality on bench has cost the game.

I don't think it was poor substitutions as much as poor timing; ala Powell's problem of delaying substitutions until the damage was already done. It's strange as Peeters seemed very proactive with his subs at the begining of the season.

Nothing was working for Vetokele today, he's obviously not 100% fit - this was apparent by the hour mark. So pop Tucudean or KAG on with enough time for them to grow in to the match and grab a few chances.

The Wilson sub was weird, it looked as though Jacko was doing a good job out there - however, Wilson did push up the pitch and set Guddy up pretty soon after coming on.

As for Bulot - I like him and I would like to see more of him; but in the 91st minute? No. That's way too late.

Make those subs around 60-70th minute and I'd still be pretty happy.
  • Options
    I'm so fucked off right now.
  • Options
    Positives anyone?? Cuz I can't think of shit ATM
  • Options
    Why do we seem to give away so many cheap corners, and silly passes leading to opposition scoring. And surely we need to play with 2 up front at home! Sky.... Do One!
  • Options

Fox had a terrible game, his awful clearance cost us dearly .. bring back Lennon until Wiggins is fit
    No he didn't. He had a bad moment but a steady game.
  • Options
    Literally ruined my day. Fox terrible again. Call Holmes-Dennis back and send fox to Weston supermare fc.
  • Options
    Fox was relatively poor all game.
  • Options

Southbank said:

One half fit striker,blame RD for this.

TBF without RD we'd probably be in League 1 now.
    And without the fans there would be no club,so what?It is our job to support the team and his job to provide the players.It has been blindingly obvious since September that we need another striker.Now we have scored only 9 goals in the last 12 games, and at least 5 more until we can get reinforcements,if we do.Remember the phrase 'if we are in the hunt for promotion'well we are on the way to not being a challenger,so presumably no reinforcements.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Emotional posts, expected, Gudmensen was poor fox was poor

Fans poor who booed George

Positives very undeserved loss

Great passing play at times,

Very much improved since last season

• Options
    I'll say it again. I miss 'the greedy frenchman'

But I've been told to move on. Bring back reza the ledge and big Pete.
  • Options

Fox had a terrible game, his awful, clearance cost us dearly .. bring back Lennon until Wiggins is fit
    No he didn't. He had a bad moment but a steady game.
    we were watching different games then .. he hardly put an accurate pass over 10ft to a colleague, was slow and indecisive when he got into the Ipswich half, he was frankly just rubbish all round ... your expectations and definition of 'steady' must be much lower than what is needed in this division
  • Options

Emotional posts, expected, Gudmensen was poor fox was poor

Fans poor who booed George

Positives very undeserved loss

Great passing play at times,

Very much improved since last season

Agree Gudmundsson had a stinker.

Didn't hear the fans boo George. That's so poor.
  • Options
    Never mind.... it's only a game