Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kasabian at Brixton

I'm going tomorrow, can't wait.
Anyone going this week ?
Let's rock :-)

Comments

• Going on Thursday. Best live band in this country in my opinion. New album is a shocker though!
  • Good example of a singles band, never had a complete album imo.
  • Saw these live at snowbombing and they were absolutely EPIC
  • Going tonight and Friday. Can't wait to hear some new Maccabees stuff too.
  • Going tonight and Friday. Can't wait to hear some new Maccabees stuff too.

Completely forgot they're supporting! Underrated band.
  • 4 of us going Sat after Forest away.
    Saw them live twice before and were superb both times. Also looking forward to seeing the Maccabees.
    The Sat show is an all-nighter till 2am - anyone know what this actually means? Will they play longer, or start later, or what?

Cheers.
  • 4 of us going Sat after Forest away.
    Saw them live twice before and were superb both times. Also looking forward to seeing the Maccabees.
    The Sat show is an all-nighter till 2am - anyone know what this actually means? Will they play longer, or start later, or what?

Cheers.

Starting later I think but might be worth checking.
  • edited December 2014

4 of us going Sat after Forest away.

Cheers.

The doors open at 7pm the other days and show starts 7.30pm (according to ticket).

Doors open 8pm Saturday, so Maccabees won't be on before 8.30 pm & Kasabian probably on after 10pm and I'd guess they'll finish at midnight, but the venue will stay open & play music 'til the 2am cufew. But that's guesswork.

Curfew is 11pm on the other days, so Kasabian should start about 9pm.

• Off tonight with my good lady. Saw them last time they played Brixton and they were epic then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Saw them last Wednesday in Brighton.

One of the best gigs i've ever been to.

New stuff sounds so much better live than on record.
  • Having to endlessly hear "Fire" as we lost to Leicester last season rather put me off Kasabian!
  • Going tomorrow night. Agree that the new album isn't great although Bumblebee live will be epic. Stevi and Treat are growers. Seen them a few times live. Supporting Oasis at Wembley, O2 arena and Hardrock Calling. Can't wait!
  • Seen them about 15 times since 2004 and are, alongside The Prodigy and Oasis my favourite live bands

Proper lads day out

My new born is scuppering my chances of seeing them this time, very jealous of The Organisers Saturday... reminds me of a Villa away Prodigy Brixton all day/nighter back in the day...
  • Saw them last Wednesday in Brighton.

Record you don't hear that enough these days
  • Very good live band, jealous of anyone going this week. If you've never listened to a full album of theirs, get West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum.
  • dancafc said:

Saw them last Wednesday in Brighton.

Record you don't hear that enough these days
    Thought it sounded better than 'Spotify', 'CD', etc etc.
  • Im going friday, any suggestions for a pre gig pint or 2 in Brixton?
  • Im going friday, any suggestions for a pre gig pint or 2 in Brixton?

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/34/347/Beehive/Brixton = cheapest & closest.

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/60/6077/Canterbury_Arms/Brixton. 2nd cheapest & 2nd closest.

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/16/1661/Trinity_Arms/Brixton. More expensive, but a bit of class.

I often do all 3 :-)
  • Thanks covered end. Decent beers?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2014
    I'm a Guinness man myself, so couldn't really say.
    Beehive is a Weatherspoons with a gritty Brixton feel. A mix of locals and gig goers.
    Trinity is quietish but classy (considering you're just off Brixton Road.)
    Canterbury Arms is a bit rough, with mainly gig customers.
  • Excellent thanks CE how long is the walk from trinity to the academy
  • Wanted to get tickets for this for the Saturday but pretty sure it sold out near enough instantly. Was quite pricey aswell.

Would love to go see them live. Never been to a gig before but Kasabian and Arctic Monkeys are definitely being done in the near future
  • Excellent thanks CE how long is the walk from trinity to the academy

10 mins if you strolled, 5 if you ran :-)
  • Look on gumtree. I got tickets for £40 originally £50. Some people just want to get rid.
  • I paid £45 including the booking fee for tonight. Touts were selling them at face value. Well worth it, great show. Went to a small bar called SW9 beforehand, nice beer and food.
  • Wouldn't say I was a massive fan before, but last night was one of the best gigs I've been to in a long time. Great lights, great sound and a band really at the top of their game. Only sagged for about 2 songs in the middle - manage to last until the encore before getting covered in beer
  • I went to a bar called Plan B before a Gaslight gig once and they were doing some god deals on booze. Pretty quiet in there too. Beehive is a good shout as well.
  • I thought their set was pretty disappointing last night and I personally did not enjoy it as much as when they last played there 4/5 years ago. Strings works for someone like Weller, but not for Kasabian imo. The lighting was excellent, but thought the accoustics for Tom the lead singer, were poor (unusual for Brixton) and a better playlist could have been selected.

Probably my personal choice but feel the best songs are largely drawn from the first two albums. Just glad I was not near the manic mosh pit in front of Serge throughout the gig. Still not as bad as the Jam at the Rainbow in our Jam suits late 70's/early 80's though!!
  • colthe3rd said:

Good example of a singles band, never had a complete album imo.

Do me a favour and listen to their debut and West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum if you haven't . If you have then fair play. IMO they're a band that don't get enough credit for being as daring as they are when they could just play it safe now that they're huge.