Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burglaries in Bexleyheath

Been are sharp increase over the last week or so, my parents got broken into last week, jewellery taken (including all my grandparents medals and wedding rings) and their bedroom completely turned over. They live on a busy road and were 1 of 4 houses done just on that street.

Two youngsters straight through the front door wedged open by screwdrivers, while a bloke waited outside in a car.

Just making people aware, and if you have bolts or double locks on your front door make sure you use them.

Comments

• Options
    Thanks Gary....I have an elderly relative in Bexleyheath and I shall let her know.
  • Options
    Feel so sorry for your folks. I am fortunate that it hasn't happened to me, but having some pikey rummage through YOUR home and YOUR possessions is a complete invasion and one that I don't know how I would cope with.

Same thing happened to my folks a few years ago, and my in laws a few months ago. Although the stupidity of the people who broke in to my parents was apparent that, when driving his car off the drive (they nicked the keys that he left in the kitchen which is an error never to be repeated again) they were clearly not used to the power of a 911 turbo and planted it into the tree at the end of the road. Guy driving it was injured and had to be cut out by a fire crew. His 'mate' did a runner on him.
  • Options
    Gaz, sorry to hear that mate, just absolute scummer. I really hope they get over it as best they can.

I hope that the three people involved in the burglary have some very tragic news which makes them grieve uncontrollably over xmas and then their car gets flipped over and catches fire whilst they are all alive.
  • Options
    Happened to my brother too
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

What road was that in ?

Latham Road
  • Options
    Lookies wanting Xmas pressies,
  • Options
    xmas coming up - thieving barstewards looking for presents. Wrap up a few empty boxes and put them under your tree, leaving all the actual presents safe upstairs somewhere.
  • Options
    who's got presents under their tree on the 3rd December !?!?
  • Options
    Thing is, there was an Ipad on the table that they didn't even touch. They must have seen it as well, as they locked the dogs in the room where it was. Scum of the earth really.
  • Options

Me. Don't tell the burglars though please - it's only one present and it came from a friend in Liverpool, so it won't be valuable. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Been are sharp increase over the last week or so, my parents got broken into last week, jewellery taken (including all my grandparents medals and wedding rings) and their bedroom completely turned over. They live on a busy road and were 1 of 4 houses done just on that street.

Two youngsters straight through the front door wedged open by screwdrivers, while a bloke waited outside in a car.

Just making people aware, and if you have bolts or double locks on your front door make sure you use them.

How do you know it was 2 kids with someone waiting in the car? Local CCTV?

Horrible vile scum. Check gumtree etc for people trying to sell it off, meet them and castrate them.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

How do you know it was 2 kids with someone waiting in the car? Local CCTV?

Horrible vile scum. Check gumtree etc for people trying to sell it off, meet them and castrate them.
    Next door came home and saw them as they were getting out their car. Was too dark and happened too quick to take a number plate.

Gonna keep our eyes out for stuff being sold, but the chances are very slim.
  • Options
    There's a gang going round Kent and Sussex doing these raids in various locations. They use an Audi and a Mondeo with false plates.
    My neighbour got done last month, they only took stuff they could put in their pockets. Left ipads and cameras worth £1000's as they're too bulky.
  • Options
    How easy is it to sell things like old medals, surely people buying them must know where they have come from????
  • Options

colin1961 said:

What road was that in ?

Latham Road
    That's my road. Thanks for passing on this info.
  • Options
    sorry to hear Gal
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that. Riles me stuff like this. Thanks for the heads up, I'll pass it onto pals in the area.
  • Options

How easy is it to sell things like old medals, surely people buying them must know where they have come from????

I deal in militaria, it is simple to move medals etc. Especially if they are regular service medals.
    Generally, WW2 medals have no inscription on the edges. WW1 medals generally have the service personnels name number and regiment.
    However if the medals are distinctive, i.e. Military Crosses, etc then they would be more traceable.
    You should always take pictures of such Items, so that you can send them to military stores, so if they are offered the items, at least they can alert the police.
  • Options

Feel so sorry for your folks. I am fortunate that it hasn't happened to me, but having some pikey rummage through YOUR home and YOUR possessions is a complete invasion and one that I don't know how I would cope with.

Same thing happened to my folks a few years ago, and my in laws a few months ago. Although the stupidity of the people who broke in to my parents was apparent that, when driving his car off the drive (they nicked the keys that he left in the kitchen which is an error never to be repeated again) they were clearly not used to the power of a 911 turbo and planted it into the tree at the end of the road. Guy driving it was injured and had to be cut out by a fire crew. His 'mate' did a runner on him.

Glad to read the last paragraph, that must have been a wish come true. It's strange reading that IPADs etc get left behind; wonder if this is something to do with them being tracked through GPS perhaps.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

Me. Don't tell the burglars though please - it's only one present and it came from a friend in Liverpool, so it won't be valuable. ;-)
    If it came from someone in Liverpool it was probably chored from under someone else's tree...

Seriously though - burglary is, imo, a crime that should be punishable by death. Preferably an elaborate death consisting of something like toes being cut off and fed to them, fingers being cut off and fricasseed whilst the watch, then salt being poured into open wounds before being lowered into a river to be torn apart by piranhas.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having a shit day Leroy!
  • Options
    Nah. It's fookin great oop 'ere! Havent had a bad day since I've here!

Just hate burglars with a passion. It's one of my main reasons for thinking that all drug use should be decriminalised and regulated. Cut out junkies needing fixes and you cut burglary rates by about 90%
  • Options
    Yes mate agree with all that, lowest of the low.
    Glad its all good up there, got a whippet yet?
  • Options
    Nah. I am affecting a proper Northern accent in every shop I go into though. Haven't had my head caved in yet, so I think I'm getting away with it....
  • Options
    The lookies are still in town after the boxing Saturday, probably robbing all the way back home via Bexleyheath
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Thing is, there was an Ipad on the table that they didn't even touch. They must have seen it as well, as they locked the dogs in the room where it was. Scum of the earth really.

My next door neighbour (Eltham Park) got done last week, early evening. We were in but heard nothing. They'd gone out, car on drive and one out front, hadn't left any lights on though. We leave lights and radio and telly on. Just took jewellery and left i-pads/pods and cars, keys were on hall table.
  • Options
    Came home from work a couple of weeks ago about 4am to find the top of my road full of about 7 police cars blocking the road asked what was going on and a copper said they had chased and caught 4 burglars. Went into my local sweet shop Monday and he said 3 of his customers had been done of the weekend and to be careful
  • Options
    seems to be happening a few areas there is also a lot in Orpington at the moment always seems high round this time of year and a lot of them are hitting house in the evening when people are out not late at night. One down my road the other day they went through back door its was left unlocked this was about 6ish so recommend everyone to make sure everything lock and anyone who has a upvc door like the plastic doors always make sure you double lock it not just close it shut because people can open them with a screwdriver