Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burglaries in Bexleyheath

2»

Comments

• Options
    Just had my bashed up Focus broken into last night on my front drive.

Nothing really taken, think the phone cradle may have attracted em?. Looks like it's been opened electronically (radio was left on) and no sign of forced entry.

Next door also done, had a brand new Qashquai too (alarm didn't work and same scenario as above.

Anyone know a cctv firm!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I'm in Blackfen someone got into our VW golf last night how we don't know , thankfully everything ok apart from glove compartment pulled out boot ransacked etc , goes to show these low life fuckers are out there and doing the rounds .
  • Options
    boogica said:

I'm in Blackfen someone got into our VW golf last night how we don't know , thankfully everything ok apart from glove compartment pulled out boot ransacked etc , goes to show these low life fuckers are out there and doing the rounds .

Same thing here. Was expecting glass all over the floor...

How they have the front to come onto my drive, when I'm asleep above them with the window open....
  • Options

boogica said:

How they have the front to come onto my drive, when I'm asleep above them with the window open....
    These people don't care personally I'd love to catch em , I'm just off days lane and it's been going on round here for ages , seems like nothing's being done so they just keep on doing as they please.
  • Options
    I've signed up to the neighbourhood watch email list. So as soon as something happens or gets reported I get a notification. I live in Bexley so if you live in the area it's worth doing ...

Dear all,

Just a quick reassurance email in case you're wondering why you haven't heard anything from me.
    My last email I sent was on the 7th January re the Hill Crescent Burglary. I'm pleased to say that since then we have had no crimes reported on the Ward (no burglaries, no vehicle crime etc).
    Its great news and long may it continue however, please remain vigilant and alert in your road and report anything suspicious. Keep up the good work and always review security at your homes especially when you're going out (lights on, alarms on etc).

For those that haven't seen me yet as im quite new to this 'Dedicated Ward Officer' role, hopefully I will come down your road soon to carry out Street Briefings and advising residents re Burglaries etc. To date in the 6 weeks or so ive carried out this role, and the half dozen Street Briefings ive carried out on the Ward, ive had over 70 residents added to the St Mary's Network who all receive these emails.
    Howard Avenue and Wansunt Road both have nearly 40 residents each signed up with more anticipated. The more then better in any one road because it makes everyone become more alert and vigilant when it comes to reporting the crimes to you.

Anyway like I said, no need to be concerned or alarmed that you haven't heard from us, like I say at the Street Briefings, 'NO NEWS IS LITERALLY GOOD NEWS' if you don’t hear from me.

Regards

Steve Graves, PCSO 7328RY
    St Mary's Dedicated Ward Officer (DWO)

109 Station Road,
    Marlowe House,
    Sidcup,
    Kent, DA15 7ET

Tel: 0208 721 2816
    Stephen.Graves@met.police.uk
    StMarysBexley.snt@met.police.uk
  • Options
    Last year some time one of my neighbours had his 1 series BMW stolen from off the road it was found parked up in a cul de sac in welling a few days later with no damage to it what so ever, when it got returned he spoke to the police officer about the fact nothing looked to be touched and he told him that apparently so cars can be opened and started with a certain package on a Bluetooth laptop, would fit in with why you have no damage to it.
  • Options
    Such scum on our streets! I'm sorry to hear some of you have experienced that. :( It is not comforting to here especially as I'm so close by in Sidcup.

We will all have to keep our eyes open and report anything suspicious.
  • Options
    How do you sign up to Neighbourhood watch emails?
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Last year some time one of my neighbours had his 1 series BMW stolen from off the road it was found parked up in a cul de sac in welling a few days later with no damage to it what so ever, when it got returned he spoke to the police officer about the fact nothing looked to be touched and he told him that apparently so cars can be opened and started with a certain package on a Bluetooth laptop, would fit in with why you have no damage to it.

Someone else has mentioned this re:BMWs.

Ironically I ordered a new car yesterday..... so am gonna have to go down the cctv route now.
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Exactly the same thing happened to my mate. They broke into his house while he was in bed. Had his BMW nicked off the drive. Found it a few days later with no damage but it had the number plates stolen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    boogica said:

boogica said:

These people don't care personally I'd love to catch em , I'm just off days lane and it's been going on round here for ages , seems like nothing's being done so they just keep on doing as they please.
    I'm just off Days Lane too. There are a few undesirables I've noticed hanging around recently but early evening.
  • Options
    nichorob said:

How do you sign up to Neighbourhood watch emails?

PCSO 7328 Stephen Graves
    St Mary's Safer Neighbourhood Team
    Email - bexleystmarys.snt@met.police.uk
    Tel - 020 8721 2816