Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PDC WORLD DARTS CHAMPIONSHIP.

Comments

• Options
    Unbelievable final immense pressure on both of them and thoroughly entertaining for us
  • Options
    Brilliant Anderson wins 7-6.

(I notice that **** Taylor managed to be able to turn his back on Anderson, when Anderson went to shake hands.
    Convenient, that he needed to poor out that water so urgently, or is it just me ?).
  • Options
    Get in. How can they handle that pressure?
  • Options
    Great darts that welldone Gary Anderson
  • Options
    Don't understand the hatred of Mardle, when he was playing, he was the showman of the PDC, he was struck down with glandular fever and it hit him big time, he never recovered which was a great shame.But of obviously the dart experts on here that have played to the level Mardle did know better.
  • Options
    They could have made that trophy a bit bigger, the man can just about lift it.
  • Options
    That was emotional! Well done Anderson about bloody time.
  • Options
    interesting prem line up there
  • Options
    I am not a huge Darts fan, but I watched that and it was pure theatre. How they have got the nerve to play a game of that quality under so much pressure is very impressive. If it was me I wouldn't be able to stand up let alone throw a dart.
  • Options
    Got to hand it to Dave Clark. Still doing a great job presenting the darts despite Parkinson's. Keep on keepin' on Dave.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Got to hand it to Dave Clark. Still doing a great job presenting the darts despite Parkinson's. Keep on keepin' on Dave.

Wow, never knew that
  • Options
    What way will Anderson go from here now. Does he let the money and the win get to his head like what seemed to happen to Lewis, or does he push on and want to win everything like MVG has showed the desire for. Forget Taylor no one will ever be in his league for as long as he did for. I think Anderson is old enough and wise enough to knuckle down and give 100% in future tournaments.
  • Options

Wow, never knew that
    Neither did I. Top presenter is Dave.
  • Options

Don't understand the hatred of Mardle, when he was playing, he was the showman of the PDC, he was struck down with glandular fever and it hit him big time, he never recovered which was a great shame.But of obviously the dart experts on here that have played to the level Mardle did know better.

I didnt get the hatred for Lewis shown earlier on this thread either.

Mardle was a decent player and a great showman. I think he's a good pundit in the studio but the commentating side of things isn't for him.

• Options
    Nicholas said:

What way will Anderson go from here now. Does he let the money and the win get to his head like what seemed to happen to Lewis, or does he push on and want to win everything like MVG has showed the desire for. Forget Taylor no one will ever be in his league for as long as he did for. I think Anderson is old enough and wise enough to knuckle down and give 100% in future tournaments.

Right now I hope he goes out and gets wasted, even if his missus said he'd like a coffee.

He will be one of a number of very good players vying for the title over the next ten years. Can't see anyone being as dominant as Taylor, should make for great tournaments.
  • Options
    red_murph said:

Mardle was a decent player and a great showman. I think he's a good pundit in the studio but the commentating side of things isn't for him.

I'm with you on Mardle, loved watching him play but Lewis went from being the young apprentice of Phil Taylor to an arrogant moody tosser.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

I am not a huge Darts fan, but I watched that and it was pure theatre. How they have got the nerve to play a game of that quality under so much pressure is very impressive. If it was me I wouldn't be able to stand up let alone throw a dart.

Cook and Anderson played on the main stage earlier in the tournament and both were hitting trebles for fun in the practice room. They said when they got up to do it properly that their legs turned to jelly.

I couldn't even begin to imagine the pressure n the final.

• Options
    Mardle let's himself down when he says stupid things like "what a great last dart...he loves this game!!!!"

...Well obviously Wayne
  • Options

Just because you were good at something doesn't mean you make a good commentator or pundit.

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Just because you were good at something doesn't mean you make a good commentator or pundit.

Take a look at Thierry Henry for example
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

red_murph said:

I'm with you on Mardle, loved watching him play but Lewis went from being the young apprentice of Phil Taylor to an arrogant moody tosser.
    He was Sadie but I think he has matured over the last year or so. Comes across as likeable on stage and in interviews over recent times.
  • Options
    Mardle was decent player, entertainer, and one of my favourite to watch.
    Maybe because I couldn't gear the ballet openhhis mouth.
    He talks utter garbage.

The equivalent for football commentating would go like.
    'pass'
    'pass'
    'cross'
    'catch'
    'kick'
    'pass'
    'shot'
    'what's the matter with you man, what were you thinking'

Every match when there's been 25 left, the next word out of his mouth his '9'

Yes Wayne we fckin know they will go for' 9'
    But he then goes, 'double 8' as if we're fucking stupid.

• Options
    A darting dream got realised last night.
    Brilliant game, brilliant nerve shown by Gando, what an absolute hero, so delighted for him.

Taylor's double trouble lost him that game, was thrilling from start to finish. What a game.
  • Options

It's got nothing to do with his ability as a player,
    It's the utter drivel that comes out of his mouth.
  • Options
    I can't stand Mardle either on commentary
  • Options
    red_murph said:

Wow, never knew that
    Neither did I. Top presenter is Dave.
    he's obviously had it a while now, and you can tell he's getting worse. Doesn't do the on stage interviews after the matches and when you see him in the studio you never see his right hand, it's always tucked down by his side.

Brilliant presenter
  • Options
    Despite following the darts on Sky and not missing tourny's I had no idea about Dave and parkinsons. I suppose its a mark of the man how quiet he's kept it, and admirable to still present with no visible problems.
  • Options
    I thought he came out with it himself a couple of years ago. I also thought it was well known by everyone, seems that isn't the case. Either way fair play to him, seems like a decent bloke as well.
  • Options
    Didn't know that about Dave Clark. Best wishes to him. Hope he continues to carry on his presenting for a long time to come.
  • Options

I did not know that, wow. Fair play to the man, I always assumed he had a glass right eye as an aside but to anchor something like the PDC world championship and deal with something like that is remarkable.