Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton A vs Cardiff City | Boxing Day| 1pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    SSN just said that Cardiff fans have the longest Boxing Day trip to make at 160 miles.
  • Options
    Would have sympathy for them but we've got a Tuesday Night game later in the season @ Blackpool
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Good review Stubbers but the dates Boxing Day

Whoops! Thanks - now changed.
  • Options
    Can't see us winning again in 2014. Cardiff and Ipswich wins over the next week. Call me fickle but I'm slowly losing confidence in Bob.
  • Options

Can't see us winning again in 2014. Cardiff and Ipswich wins over the next week. Call me fickle but I'm slowly losing confidence in Bob.

You're fickle!
  • Options
    Solly in at left back for fox, relief all round as we battle to a 2-1 win
  • Options
    Although he doesn't appear to have the confidence of Bob Peeters (which can't help the player), I'd really like to see Lawrie Wilson start this one on the right side of midfield. We need his energy, pace and strength to beef up the midfield and give us a threat out wide.

I'm at a loss to know what we're going to do up front in terms of supporting Igor - we are so light on quality.

Still, at least we have 30 points on the board, as opposed to 17 this time last season. Let's hope that the team can produce another good Boxing Day performance and lift the collective mood.
  • Options
    We can win this if Bob doesnt put out that stupid team he's insisted on for the last two games.

----------Hendo
    Gomez - TBH - Beast - Solly
    -----Buyens - Cousins
    Johannn-----------Harriott
    -----Veto - Tucudean
  • Options
    a nice 5-4 repeat of when Cardiff were last at The Valley
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I've lost confidence in Wilson being good enough for a starting place at this level after watching his performance at Forest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Comfortable home win 4-0.
  • Options
    Not got a clue
  • Options
    Draw.
  • Options
    We know all the players he may choose and I would think very few of us could guess the team, at least it should mean the opposition will know even less
  • Options
    Can I be the first to suggest they may have a leeky defence?
  • Options
    Fox and Pope dropped apparently.
  • Options
    Tucudean Vetokele
    Harriott. Gudmundsson
    Cousins buyens
    fox Bikey Ben Haim solly
    Pope

Etheridge gomez oneywu Wilson bulot moussa church Pigott

Solly is gonna miss Tuesdays game so gomez to come in for him.. Other than that seems pretty obvious to me... tucudean to support igor and make things happen.. harriott and gud for pace on the wings.. back five picks themselves....
  • Options
    Moussa is injured, Church is probably not ready yet.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Christ, I forgot all about Moussa.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

I don't think Church will ever be ready.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really felt quite positive after the Reading win but as the squad has shrunk still further I can only hope we will improve the squad in January. We often do ok at the Valley on Boxing Day but at the moment confidence is low and moral is down. 2-0 Cardiff and not a Happy Christmas at all for us Addicks.
  • Options
    Keep the faith, guys and gals !

Remember Herman's heroics 11 years ago.....

...even though my Grandson wasn't named after him in the end !
  • Options
    Who cares about this game roll on the fa cup .
  • Options
    1-3.
  • Options
    You have to travel and muck about all across the country to play Charlton away on Boxing Day. You're going to be focussed and well up for it. The Charlton regime, not used to all this Christmas/New Year malarkey, schlepp up after one too many and a lie in, hoping that just maybe auto pilot might get us through it. Recipe for a disaster.
    Then you have to go to blimmin Ipswich, and then get up for a Cup game at an empty stadium where ticket sales might stretch the workforce to the limit at this time of year. I get the feeling our camp feels a bit like me, tired and weary. Against Cardiff, give them anything to construct a performance around and we've had it.
    Sometimes Boxing day games can be a bit surreal anyway, maybe the ref will do us a favour, maybe Johan will at last produce an unplayable match winning performance, maybe there is some kind of nice surprise lurking. I don't get the vibe that we're in any way up for this, to me things don't look good, and if nothing else this time of year is a real test of management.
    I hope my pessimism proves unfounded tomorrow, but if we don't score first I fear utter misery.
  • Options

SSN just said that Cardiff fans have the longest Boxing Day trip to make at 160 miles.

Nice of the FL to put the game on at 1am then
  • Options

1am? I best make my way to The Valley now then. At least they get home earlier with an earlier kick-off.
  • Options

Still no team news yet anyone know why
  • Options
    I'll be keeping an eye out on the Parker vs Arter battle, too.
    Just found out they are brothers in law..