Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton A vs Cardiff City | Boxing Day| 1pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• 1-1 bore fest rolls on
  • Hope Bob doesn't keep tinkering with the team. Got to stick with what we have in the correct positions. 2-1. Vetokele gets a brace.
  • Have to say I'm not exactly full of enthusiasm for this today. My mate isn't going, it's freezing and I'm expecting our usual borefest. Going as I've paid for it and a welcome change from sitting in front of the telly eating chocolate and getting sozzled (which, for the avoidance of doubt, I enjoyed thoroughly apart from Dr who which was utter tripe). I have low expectations. Cue the lads playing a stormer, Bob getting his pegs in the right holes and a rip roaring 5-4 repeat (I'm clearly still pissed or its a Dr who hangover dream!!!). C'm on you reds. Oh wait.....nice one Vincent.
  • Never been keen on Boxing Day games, usually low key atmosphere and hassle to get to, especially if you have an away game.
  • Can't see us winning again in 2014. Cardiff and Ipswich wins over the next week. Call me fickle but I'm slowly losing confidence in Bob.

You're fickle!
    All aboard the fickle bus?

• Expecting a good win. Wouldn't go if I didn't think so. Lose, and we will get sucked in to the relegation scrap. Draw and its too bloody boring. Win and game on....
  • SSN just said that Cardiff fans have the longest Boxing Day trip to make at 160 miles.

Nice of the FL to put the game on at 1am then
    It will have been plod's decision.

" potential for disorder" aka potential for getting home early after clocking up some nice overtime bonus, supervising all those dangerous thermos flasks

Well mine will have some rum in it, anyway...

• SSN just said that Cardiff fans have the longest Boxing Day trip to make at 160 miles.

Nice of the FL to put the game on at 1am then
    It will have been plod's decision.

" potential for disorder" aka potential for getting home early after clocking up some nice overtime bonus, supervising all those dangerous thermos flasks

Well mine will have some rum in it, anyway...

Used to be the case but with so many games in London starting at 3 I feel it is more Charlton's call as games at The Valley have kicked off at lunchtime on Boxing Day for as long as I have been going (30 years plus)
  • Charlton 0-1 Cardiff
  • Gutted not going now , Mrs and my eldest struck down by a bug , puking and diarrhoea carnage ....there'll be more action here than at Charlton , so I'm happy to play the martyr
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't make it today so I'm sad there's no RM on the match thread!

Going for 1-1.
  • CHARLTON: Etheridge, Solly, Gomez, Ben Haim, Bikey-Amougou, Gudmundsson, Buyens, Jackson, Cousins; Harriott, Tucudean. #CAFCLive
  • NO IGOR, BOLLOX
  • CHARLTON SUBS: Pope, Wilson, Bulot, Vetokele, Onyewu, Ahearne-Grant, Fox. #CAFCLive
  • Someone on other thread just said jacko out two weeks. Shows what they know.
  • NO IGOR, BOLLOX

On the bench. Interesting
  • Play for the draw.
  • I'd have Igor in even on one leg. However in Bob I trust.
  • colin1961 said:

Think your find the USA defender may play left back and Pigot up front with Vetokele ...... Bulot and Gudmunsson wide

Cheers for the scoop Colin
  • We did alright last time Tucs started up front in his own. Igor clearly still not fully fit and probably just isn't up to playing every game over Christmas. suspect he's planning to alternate resting Solly and Igor to blance out the weakening of the side.

Personally I'd have gone all out for it in the home games and then let be what will be in the away games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Who is the number 38? Out warming up but don't recognise him at all.
  • Who is the number 38? Out warming up but don't recognise him at all.

Terell Thomas
  • Someone on other thread just said jacko out two weeks. Shows what they know.

He was out for two weeks... Blackpool and Blackburn ;)
  • @reserves was spot on: no Pope or Fox.
  • CHARLTON: Etheridge, Solly, Gomez, Ben Haim, Bikey-Amougou, Gudmundsson, Buyens, Jackson, Cousins; Harriott, Tucudean. #CAFCLive

It's took Bob this long to try Gomez in Fox's position in place of him.. Ffs.

Not too optimistic looking at that (more the Igor out bit, unless Harriott has a wonder game)

It's took Bob this long to try Gomez in Fox's position in place of him.. Ffs.

Not too optimistic looking at that (more the Igor out bit, unless Harriott has a wonder game)
    Solly will be left back, not Gomez.
  • Not hard to predict that
  • Solly centre mid. Jackson left back? :wink:
  • @reserves was spot on: no Pope or Fox.

I'm must say I'm impressed with the prediction
  • Vetokele with a "slight" injury is what's keeping him on the bench