Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2014 Xmas is ruined because....

13»

Comments

• Because I keep having to text girlfriends 2 and 3 whilst eating Xmas lunch with girlfriend 1. It's great for the rest of the year though.
  • My dad beat me in the final end game of the board game Pointless after I'd stormed the rest of the game and won 5 out of 7 previous rounds.

The last question was about British Flat Racing Champion Jockeys. My answer of Kieren Fallon (6) was not enough to beat his answer of Steve Cauthen (3).

Travesty.
  • Thank fuck thats over. 54 years of experience tells me the misery doesnt last so can dispense with the usual suicidal reaction. Happy christmas.
  • Survived it!
  • Not being allowed to play Fifa 15 as the family were all here, still not got on it yet.
  • edited December 2014
    nichorob said:

Call the fecking midwife followed by eastenders followed by coronation street

Time for a change of family mate... :smiley:
  • stevec said:

Not being allowed to play Fifa 15 as the family were all here, still not got on it yet.

Wait 'til your grown up Steve, it gets even worse... :smile:
  • Great christmas generally. Played 'chase the ace' with my daughters, which spared us the pleasure of sitting on the sofá with Mrs Shabby and her mum watching the highlights of Big Brother (Christmas night FFS!??). Some nice wine round my brother in law's, slightly spoily by some horrible old lady telling my daughter not to sing English christmas carols as 'no one speaks English here'. Still, a bit of a family strop seems to be part of christmas over here. Missed 'The Hobbit', but saw the 'Wolf of Wall Street' with a couple of pints of London Pride, and some mature cheddar. Bliss!
  • razil said:

Books and kindle instead of superdry - epic fail daughter/wife

What is superdry, mr Raz?
    MrOneLung said:

razil said:

Books and kindle instead of superdry - epic fail daughter/wife

What is superdry, mr Raz?

It is a clothing brand that tries to be achingly cool but is losing sales as it's main target audience of 18-29 year olds now associate it with middle aged men.
    Saw one of their jackets close up at The Valley. Guy in front of me in the queue for tickets to pick up so I had plenty of chance to study it. The wearer was indeed about 19.

I think we need to talk to Razil about Brooks Brothers...

• Sponsored links:

• We didn't get stuffed on boxing day
    So good was our 2nd half comeback
    That Charlton athletic saved my Christmas not ruined it
  • Coral and VC are refusing to pay out on the Queens Speech being the most watched programme when other bookmakers (such as William Hill & Skybet) have. A couple of grand involved so will take them to IBAS (the arbitration service) but shouldn't really have to as this should have been settled correctly in the first place.
  • stevec said:

Not being allowed to play Fifa 15 as the family were all here, still not got on it yet.

Can't wait to grow up, I was 60 on December 8th 2014
  • Coral and VC are refusing to pay out on the Queens Speech being the most watched programme when other bookmakers (such as William Hill & Skybet) have. A couple of grand involved so will take them to IBAS (the arbitration service) but shouldn't really have to as this should have been settled correctly in the first place.

VC have paid up. Have to wait 'til next week for Coral to make final decision.
  • when does Christmas kick off?
  • stevec said:

stevec said:

Can't wait to grow up, I was 60 on December 8th 2014
    Still a young working man then
  • aliwibble said:

As mentioned on the Happy Christmas thread, doing Christmas down at my sister's this year. Mum put the turkey on yesterday afternoon and then the rest of the family headed off to church leaving me to turn the oven off at the end of the cooking time, and as my sister put it "just make sure that the oven doesn't blow up". Literally two minutes before I was due to turn the oven off, the power goes off in half the house, and having finally located the circuit breakers and emptied half the pantry so I can crawl in to actually reset them, it appears that the oven has expired.

So at least we have turkey, but no roast potatoes, no yorkshire pudding, no parsnips (not that I'm fussed about the last of those) for lunch, and the sausage rolls and a lot of the other bits and bobs we were going to have for tea can't be cooked either. And to add to the general frustration of the day, niece has been given a furby AND a furbling, so the inane chirping is going to be twice as irritating

Well, we managed not to dropkick the furby over the garden fence, but to add to the festive joy, sister discovered on Boxing Day that nephew has caught headlice off one of his classmates. Cue lots of shampooing, combing, and frequent psychosomatic itching. Oh joy.

• Get the Clippers out go bald for new-year