Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Three interesting visitors - Dr Kish article

Comments

• aren't some of you rather over-reacting to a chance remark allegedly made to a blogger, the most likely reason KF is at cafc is to discuss possible transfers during the January window.

Prague - we are half way through the season, exactly halfway through the Championship, but then there is our possible FA Cup run..........

Not over reacting at all.

It is an old rumour based on a comment from KF in the summer.

KF might be a fantasist or a WUM for all I know but he was reported as saying in the summer that he be manager/coach next season.

When it is on the OS remains my motto for good reason.
  • I wouldn't rule RD out of anything.

He has proved here and at standard that he makes decisions not really caring what supporters think, and he has proved here already in Peeters and Miere that he is prepared to put the responsibility of lead positions in the hands of young and relatively inexperienced people that he sees something in. Fraye would also fit into that.

I don't think the Jan window will tell us anything about whether RD has faith in his manager. If our manager was English, you would get a good steer on the arrivals whether they were manager choices or imposed. With Peeters that won't be so clear.

I still feel that as things stand at the moment, it is weighted against us finishing in the top half. The new arrivals could change that. If we finish top half I think Peeters will end the season pleased with his work, and rightly so.

Whether that is enough for RD, who knows? Similar form wasn't enough for Riga.
  • I wouldn't rule RD out of anything.

This being, for me, the key point.
  • All supposition of course but there might be parallels already. I don't think Riga was ever in line to remain after his short spell in charge because Bob Peeters had already been lined up as head coach. Riga came in because he was available at short notice after the Sheff Utd game did for Chrissy.

If Karel Fraeye has been lined up and that's a huge doubt in my mind about that being true then it is quite conceivable that Bob was a short term option. He does only have a one year contract.

On a personal level I hope that BP is here for a good while. I like his style and I think given the squad he has done very well. I want to see him and the club grow together.
  • I wouldn't rule RD out of anything...

I'd rule him out of actually attending a match to see for himself how we're doing.
  • Vincent Tan huh?
    Easy to paint him as some kind of Oriental Bond villain, and in respect of the colour change, and now it seems Russell Slade he has made poor judgement calls. It also turns out to be a poor call giving Malkey loads of money to spend last season where Malkey splurged it Dowie/Pardew style.
    However he has ploughed into Cardiff City football club £150million of his own money, notwithstanding premiership money. We get snide remarks about far eastern betting scams and the like but the reality is that he trusted a man espousing nasty racist attitudes, attitudes that included remarks about Chinese people one of whom was funding Malkeys glory and success, and Vincent Tan is painted as the bad guy.
    Without the recent investment of Tan, Cardiff would be occupying the kind of place now enjoyed by Leeds, Portsmouth and the Massive for example, the reality is closer to Tan being a very generous bloke who you f*ck with at your peril.
    Slade however is looking like a very poor decision mind.
  • seth plum said:

Vincent Tan huh?
    Easy to paint him as some kind of Oriental Bond villain, and in respect of the colour change, and now it seems Russell Slade he has made poor judgement calls. It also turns out to be a poor call giving Malkey loads of money to spend last season where Malkey splurged it Dowie/Pardew style.
    However he has ploughed into Cardiff City football club £150million of his own money, notwithstanding premiership money. We get snide remarks about far eastern betting scams and the like but the reality is that he trusted a man espousing nasty racist attitudes, attitudes that included remarks about Chinese people one of whom was funding Malkeys glory and success, and Vincent Tan is painted as the bad guy.
    Without the recent investment of Tan, Cardiff would be occupying the kind of place now enjoyed by Leeds, Portsmouth and the Massive for example, the reality is closer to Tan being a very generous bloke who you f*ck with at your peril.

Read this 3 times now and still can't see what relevance it has to this thread.

• "The bell is ringing for me" was in reference to Steve parish calling to offer him the palace job
  • seth plum said:

Vincent Tan huh?

Read this 3 times now and still can't see what relevance it has to this thread.

There was a post at 12.21, and 12.25 that referenced Tan, and the thread is sort of about the behaviours of owners, or Mr D, so in my view some mention of Vincent Tan is relevant.
  • Sponsored links:

• @Henry Irving

You too want to bet that Fraeye will be in charge here this time next season?

RD may be a bit trigger happy. But this rumour, if it can even qualify as one, would make Vincent Tan look sober and sensible.

Why are you trying to make this to be that I want or predict he will go.

I'm saying it is possible given previous evidence.
    I am not even talking about whether Bob will go. Im talking about the ridiculous proposition that he has already done so badly that RD considers replacing him with someone with zero managerial experience.

With that clarified, I am just testing your belief in such a scenario. But i will not be offended, nor make any further inference, should you decljne.

• Fraeye has a big trap for coming out with such a weird comment. And RD might not be happy.

Unless of course he was just making a Christmas reference with his fave Christmas song in mind.
  • What has fraye been doing since he left us in May?
  • Curb_It said:

Fraeye has a big trap for coming out with such a weird comment. And RD might not be happy.

Unless of course he was just making a Christmas reference with his fave Christmas song in mind.

Exactly this, this Fraeye chap is showing himself up to be a loose lipped mo fo a.doc no use to any chairman
  • redman said:

What has fraye been doing since he left us in May?

I read that he is the chief network scout. You would hope he was there yesterday to check on how we set up before making recommendations for the Jan window.

But that wouldn't make for such a clickworthy blogpost

• seth plum said:

Vincent Tan huh?

Tan is actually Malaysian, Seth, it's a bit racist of you to assume he's Chinese ;-)
  • seth plum said:

Vincent Tan huh?

Tan is actually Malaysian, Seth, it's a bit racist of you to assume he's Chinese ;-)
    Many Malaysians are of Chinese origin, indeed Malaysia has one of the largest groups of overseas Chinese.

from Wikipedia:

'Malaysian Chinese are a socioeconomically well established middle-class ethnic group and make up a highly disproportionate percentage of Malaysia's upper middle class, with a record of high educational achievement, and one of the highest household incomes among minority demographic groups in Malaysia. Malaysian Chinese are dominant in both the business and commerce sectors, controlling an estimated 70% of the Malaysian economy.'

I don't know why you think it is a 'bit racist' of me to assume he is Chinese (although my first description was 'Oriental'), is it the same as a 'bit pregnant'. Either I am being fully racist or I am not, make up your mind.
  • Sponsored links:

• OK, sorry, sensitive area, unsettling being accused of being a racist.
  • Curb_It said:

Fraeye has a big trap for coming out with such a weird comment. And RD might not be happy.

Exactly this, this Fraeye chap is showing himself up to be a loose lipped mo fo a.doc no use to any chairman
    This thread is assuming Delort like levels of nonsense.

How about somebody asks the blog author if he could kindly post up the entire conversation, so we can put this gnomic phrase into some kind of context, before we cause all kind of trouble over nothing.

People who have met him say Karel Fraeye is an approachable friendly guy. He might not be, in future. Poor bloke.
  • seth plum said:

Vincent Tan huh?

I'm pretty sure he's Chinese Malay.
  • Curb_It said:

How about somebody asks the blog author if he could kindly post up the entire conversation, so we can put this gnomic phrase into some kind of context, before we cause all kind of trouble over nothing.

People who have met him say Karel Fraeye is an approachable friendly guy. He might not be, in future. Poor bloke.
    This blog author is Ketts and he has good connections at the Valley. I am not saying he is always right but he has come up with accurate information before most other people.
  • dickplumb said:

Curb_It said:

This blog author is Ketts and he has good connections at the Valley. I am not saying he is always right but he has come up with accurate information before most other people.
    Yes, I know he has a relatively good reputation. I just think that if he wants to live up to it, he should describe the full extent of this conversation. And if he is going to accost staff of CAFC or Staprix maybe he should tell them that he is effectively a journalist. Good journalists do that as a matter of course.

• Have SL got a new manager yet?
  • Karel Fraeye "Can you see the grass? Can you see the trees? Hey, hey Mathew, what do you see?" - that guy??
  • edited December 2014
    Kap10 said:

Have SL got a new manager yet?

Ivan Vukomanovic.
  • So is it the same Ketts who used to post on here
  • So is it the same Ketts who used to post on here

I know he posts here occasionally but not as Ketts.