Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Three interesting visitors - Dr Kish article

13»

Comments

• Options
    So it's not Ketman then ?
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    It's a nothing comment in the way it's been written, it's a wind-up comment a sort of in know something you don't Fraeye has been either stitched up with it or really didn't mean anything by it
  • Options
    Sounds like the sort of comment someone would come up with to end a conversation with someone who is boring the hell out of them...'sorry mate, my phone's ringing' sort of thing.
  • Options

It's a nothing comment in the way it's been written, it's a wind-up comment a sort of in know something you don't Fraeye has been either stitched up with it or really didn't mean anything by it

Based on?

Your comment has less basis than the person saying this.... don't shoot it down.
  • Options
    Not the content of what has been said, but the way it's been collected and reported

It's a throw out comment, but in what context was it said

Right now it's a teaser and if Fraeye said it then I am sure it didn't just get said how it's reported

So it's a wind-up comment right now even if the content is correct
  • Options

mart77 said:

That third visitor we mentioned was Jose Riga's former assistant, Karel Freye. He is highly thought of and one of his jobs is head of network player recruitment, it was Freye who was largely responsible for getting Vetokele to The Valley for example.

When he departed in May, Freye told some fans that he would return as Charlton manager in the not too distant future.

We exchanged smiles on Saturday, and I welcomed him back. He grinned broadly, and said, "The bell is ringing for me." Make of that what you will.

"The bell is ringing for him" because the January transfer window is on the doorstep. Nothing more, nothing less I'm sure.
    This is what it means
  • Options

Isn't "that's the bell ringing for me," just what busy people say to boring people they are trying to get away from or do not recognise?
  • Options
    mart77 said:

THREE INTERESTING VISITORS
    26-Dec 19:57, by Ketts
    ------

That third visitor we mentioned was Jose Riga's former assistant, Karel Freye. He is highly thought of and one of his jobs is head of network player recruitment, it was Freye who was largely responsible for getting Vetokele to The Valley for example.

When he departed in May, Freye told some fans that he would return as Charlton manager in the not too distant future.

We exchanged smiles on Saturday, and I welcomed him back. He grinned broadly, and said, "The bell is ringing for me." Make of that what you will.

Thought is was worth bumping this.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Ahem.

As said on the "Peeters or Riga" thread

"Karel Fraeye - the once and future king"

: - )
  • Options

@Henry Irving

You too want to bet that Fraeye will be in charge here this time next season?

RD may be a bit trigger happy. But this rumour, if it can even qualify as one, would make Vincent Tan look sober and sensible.

Is this bet offer still open? If it is then I'll have a fiver on it? ; - 0
    I've just been gobsmacked by my own post....

And of course since then Vincent Tan came to his senses and went back to blue.

• Options
    Yup - back then, people struggled to conceive that RD would do something so batshit crazy back then.

Now, if RD gave KM the tin-tack and replaced her with a professional Elvis impersonator, no-one would be surprised.

Actually, I'm coming around to the idea - it would add more gravitas to the club's official statements than they have at present, anyway. And everyone could sing along.
  • Options
    Then we will have 'Suspicious Minds'.
  • Options
    If RD thought he was so good why didn't he appoint him instead of Peeters or Luzon? The only sense this all makes is in RD's head.
  • Options

@Henry Irving

You too want to bet that Fraeye will be in charge here this time next season?

RD may be a bit trigger happy. But this rumour, if it can even qualify as one, would make Vincent Tan look sober and sensible.

Is this bet offer still open? If it is then I'll have a fiver on it? ; - 0
    I've just been gobsmacked by my own post....

And of course since then Vincent Tan came to his senses and went back to blue.

But you were right then & you were right now about the absurdity of the decision.

Still wish I'd had a fiver on it though!