Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

why are we not playing today ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    True forgot about that one.
  • Options

Just to add to the mix - there are no League games on New Years Day due to the FA Cup being only 2 days later although the premier league teams are playing..........but then you may also notice that virtually all their FA Cup games are now being played next Sunday instead.

Yes, it's strange that the PL is playing more matches than the Championship over Christmas, when you consider that in the Championship we play 46 instead of 38 games, and have the same international breaks!

Between now and May there are only 2 scheduled midweek premier league fixture lists and they only play once at easter. The championship has 5 midweek fixtures and we play twice over the easter weekend
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    These decisions often get made by playing management regardless of the financial impact, which the managers wouid neither understand nor, probably, care about.

Even if you price up the loss of 500 Charlton fans at £20 net per game (with their ticket prices that's conservative) there's £10k given up. No way they'll sell the same or more home tickets for an evening game either, although conceivably there could be a saving on police costs, depending on local arrangements.

I think the FL should be playing on New Year's Day, as well, although I can see why it's not. I suppose in some ways it's good not all decisions are just about money, but it would be nice to think the issues - including the implications for fans' travel - were understood by the decision makers. I rather doubt it.

In this case, however, there's no cost to Charlton - and I'll still be there.
  • Options

The decisions often get made by playing management regardless of the financial impact, which the managers wouid neither understand nor, probably, care about.

Even if you price up the loss of 500 Charlton fans at £20 net per game (with their ticket prices that's conservative) there's £10k given up. No way they'll sell the same or more home tickets for an evening game either, although conceivably there could be a saving on police costs, depending on local arrangements.

I think the FL should be playing on New Year's Day, as well, although I can see why it's not. I suppose in some ways it's good not all decisions are just about money, but it would be nice to think the issues were understood by the decision makers. I rather doubt it. In this case, however, there's no cost to Charlton - and I'll still be there.

Thats great if you can get there, peed off about missing Boxing Day, could have driven, not had a beer - but since the early PL years dont get (and cant be arsed, for one day a year) parking rules. The real disgrace is no trains
  • Options

The decisions often get made by playing management regardless of the financial impact, which the managers wouid neither understand nor, probably, care about.

I think the FL should be playing on New Year's Day, as well, although I can see why it's not. I suppose in some ways it's good not all decisions are just about money, but it would be nice to think the issues were understood by the decision makers. I rather doubt it. In this case, however, there's no cost to Charlton - and I'll still be there.

Thats great if you can get there, peed off about missing Boxing Day, could have driven, not had a beer - but since the early PL years dont get (and cant be arsed, for one day a year) parking rules. The real disgrace is no trains
    You can get a train back from Ipswich afterwards.
  • Options
    Cheers Elfsborg - got family Ipswich way, not a problem, I'm banging on about boxing day
  • Options

Cheers Elfsborg - got family Ipswich way, not a problem, I'm banging on about boxing day

Lets hope we're away next year for Boxing Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I wish I was back at work. Have been on this forum all f****** day writing s***!
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Why - no friggin trains ? :)
  • Options

Why - no friggin trains ? :)
    We should be on stage!