Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PARDEW CURSE MAY IT HIT PALACE!

Since almost every club he has managed has been relegated I hope his curse continues lol!

Comments

• Options
    The Return of 'King Alan back to where he truly belongs.
    It will either be Comedy Gold or like a new series of Miranda.
    Either way expect The Big Conked Gink to arrive like The Messiah and eventually leave them in a mess lower than where they started.
    It could be his greatest achievement so let's all get behind the lad :-)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Let's hope he's given an open cheque book, and screws them up financially,He seems to keep landing on his feet.
  • Options
    I don't get how he keeps getting employed?? Anyone who employs him deserves what they get and it certainly won't be silver!
  • Options
    He has obviously dug his claws in over the terms of the deal. It's embarrassing that Palace still haven't been able to name him as the new manager/coach. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he has negotiated a ridiculously long contract with teeth for when he gets the bullet. For that reason I reckon he will be there next season in a bid to get back into the PL but be binned off around Christmas time when they realise they have the wrong man and he has spunked all their disposable income.
  • Options
    Hope the bastard gets the cold/flu I've had all over Christmas and New Year, for starters. ;-)
  • Options

Hope the bastard gets the cold/flu I've had all over Christmas and New Year, for starters. ;-)

Why? Have you been snogging him?
  • Options
    Now confirmed...let the carnage begin!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2015

I don't get how he keeps getting employed?? Anyone who employs him deserves what they get and it certainly won't be silver!

I don't like the bloke but he got Reading promoted, West Ham promoted and to an FA Cup final, Southampton promoted and won a minor cup and won manager of the season whilst at Newcastle. Enough reasons for him to still be in employment there and to claim he gets all his teams relegated is wrong.

I wish him as much success with Palace as he enjoyed with us however.
  • Options

He has obviously dug his claws in over the terms of the deal. It's embarrassing that Palace still haven't been able to name him as the new manager/coach. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he has negotiated a ridiculously long contract with teeth for when he gets the bullet. For that reason I reckon he will be there next season in a bid to get back into the PL but be binned off around Christmas time when they realise they have the wrong man and he has spunked all their disposable income.

You have to wonder who the real businessmen are in the game today.

The self made billionaire who is stupid enough to invest in a market as crazy as football and all the Pardews,Poyets etc that come with it. Or the Shyte player come manager that uses their 'acumen' to fleece the aforementioned self made billionaire?

When you see things like this happen it amazes me how these people had the brains to get rich in the first place!

• Options
    Let's hope he has stuck a clause in "when I have spent all your money and ruined your team and you terminate my employment, you will pay me £1 million within 6 weeks of termination as a reward - suckers".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TelMc32 said:

Now confirmed...let the carnage begin!!!

The ego has landed.
  • Options
    What a curious decision?
  • Options

I don't like the bloke but he got Reading promoted, West Ham promoted and to an FA Cup final, Southampton promoted and won a minor cup and won manager of the season whilst at Newcastle. Enough reasons for him to still be in employment there and to claim he gets all his teams relegated is wrong.

I wish him as much success with Palace as he enjoyed with us however.
    Agreed, Charlton was by far his worst period of management. All his problems since leaving us have been, er, non football related...
  • Options
    Go on Dover.

• Options
    We are already off to a great start. Palace paid Newcastle 3.5m for Pardew.
  • Options
    Thing is you all know that he will get it right this season and prob next, the car crash wont happen for atleast 18mths , wishing his misfortune and theirs wont work
  • Options
    never got Reading or Southampton promoted did he?
  • Options
    Adkins got Saints up not Pardew.
  • Options
    He's dead to me now.
    Unlike most on here never developed the hatred.
    Very strange choice to switch unlikely relegation for guaranteed relegation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Radzinsky said:

never got Reading or Southampton promoted did he?

I thought he failed to get reading promoted in the play offs 2 seasons running.
  • Options
    Never won a trophy apart from a playoff final.
    That's the underlying fact.
    He is not a winner. Chis Powell has won 2 leagues in his career either as player or manager. He is more of a winner then pardew, (in football terms. not financial situation).

His 1st game in charge of palace, inevitably will be a highly motivated one where the players will be cheered on by the support as they stupidly sing for super al, ignoring the fact that he wouldn't have accepted the same wage at palace that he was on at Newcastle.

They will then suddenly realise that nothing is the managers fault, oh why might that be? They believe it for a week or 2. They will then remind themselves "Didn't he say that last week?"

Then they find themselves 0-5 down at home to Birmingham in the championship.

Pardew gets his payoff. Palace get league 1.

• Options
    Def got Reading promoted from third tier to second then just missed out on a further promotion in champ play offs the following year.

I stand corrected re Southampton although he did start the season on -10 points and run them close to the play offs.

Of course, Reading had Majeski's millions and Southampton Leibhers Billiones so his budget at both was almost certainly very good, as I assume it would have been at West Ham with the Icelandics.
  • Options
    And he's already said he needs money for players - go on, Alan, do your best!
  • Options
    I'm wrong about lack of honours.

FLT winner for Southampton....
  • Options
    Palace fans are gana prove to be mugs in support of pardew. That's it.
  • Options
    Leeds v Charlton 1-1
    Hartlepool v PALACE 1-0
    come on Dover sink the Pardew.
  • Options
    I'm sure i heard the woman on the news say pardew's planning to take palace to the next level...
  • Options

I'm sure i heard the woman on the news say pardew's planning to take palace to the next level...

Yes but in which direction?
  • Options
    Oh how I wish both parties the worst of luck and bad fortune...