Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

My most depressing week of following Charlton

edited January 2015 in General Charlton
In all the years I have been supporting Charlton I have experienced many lows (and the occasional high) but this surely has to be the most depressing week for the club I can remember.

Does anyone agree with me?

Incidentally I am too young to remember the move from the Valley.

Fk

Comments

• Options
    It's the most depressing week I can remember since the last most depressing week. They come along quite regularly. It doesn't quite feel so desperate as the various close shaves with impending administration and Pardew and Parky and the two stooges etc, but at least they all made me angry and passionate and scared. I just feel meh at the moment. Im sure anger will happen quite soon though!
  • Options
    This afternoon proves one thing, the players are not impressed with Luzon being appointed. There will be no new manager initial upturn that usually happens. This has been the most abject Charlton performance I've seen in a long time. Embarrassing. Left early to to get home and kick the cat.
  • Options
    Perspective, perspective.
  • Options
    Gammysnr said:

This afternoon proves one thing, the players are not impressed with Luzon being appointed. There will be no new manager initial upturn that usually happens. This has been the most abject Charlton performance I've seen in a long time. Embarrassing. Left early to to get home and kick the cat.

No excuse for the players to under perform. Disgraceful today!
  • Options
    The thing is we have been in worse situations in some respects but this fella sees us as just part of his network so it worries me for our club's future.
  • Options
    We look well and truly f***ed! Can things get any worse?
  • Options
    Tell me, has someone died? As Henry has said, keep it all in perspective. It's only a game ...
  • Options

I think there are plenty of excuses unfortunately. The appointment of Luzon had clearly not impressed the players. A little bit like unwrapping a Christmas present that reveals a Crystal Palace annual only for your mum to take it back to the shop and swap it for a Millwall one.

@sirjohnhumphrey‌ these words brighten up an otherwise awful afternoon
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

being within hours of the club not existing may have been far more depressing.

Absolutely this.
  • Options
    Plus commuting to Selhurst Park.
  • Options
    Well that about caps a wretched week. If, as many seem to be saying, the players couldn't give a toss, is the manger losing the dressing room after five days a world record?
  • Options
    Can't see where our next point is coming from here. Was speaking to a Norwich fan the other day and they didn't believe me when I told them easy 3 points. We can't even manage a draw anymore :(
  • Options
    The next Millwall game starts to look like a relegation decider for both of us!
  • Options
    F***ing disgrace - gutless and inept.
  • Options
    Sick
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Well that about caps a wretched week. If, as many seem to be saying, the players couldn't give a toss, is the manger losing the dressing room after five days a world record?

"Losing" the dressing room implies he had it in the first place, which is highly questionable
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2015

In all the years I have been supporting Charlton I have experienced many lows (and the occasional high) but this surely had to be the most depressing week for the club I can remember.

Does anyone agree with me?

Incidentally I am too young to remember the move from the Valley.

Fk

Yes, probably is for me. No massive drama, family and other stuff take more precedence in mine (and I presume everyone's) life, but it's still a major part of my life, and fills an obscene amount of my thoughts, dreams, time, enjoyment disappointment and sadness.

One of those has been missing for too long now though.

• Options
    not even in the top 5 worst weeks re CAFC
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

Tell me, has someone died? As Henry has said, keep it all in perspective. It's only a game ...

The heading says most depressing week of following Charlton. So it was clarified. No one died but i can well see his point.
  • Options
    What the hell was RD thinking when he sold Morrison to Birmingham?
  • Options
    It's like having the runs all week and just when you think things may of cleared up, it catches you out of no where...
  • Options

Sold?
  • Options

One less mouth to feed, probably