Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Relegation Battle Thread (Score Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Talal said:

cfgs said:

Talal said:

This isn't Championship related but according to Sky sports the West Ham keeper Adrian has been sent off for handling on the line.
    What?

Deliberate handling of a backpass?
    Guess so, is that a straight red offense?
    handball outside the area
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Talal said:

cfgs said:

Talal said:

This isn't Championship related but according to Sky sports the West Ham keeper Adrian has been sent off for handling on the line.
    What?

Well it is if it stops a certain goal.
    Yh...Maybe Sky should've described it differently "handling a backpass". They don't appreciate the confusion my alcohol filled brain went through.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Talal said:

cfgs said:

Talal said:

cfgs said:

Talal said:

What?

Yh...Maybe Sky should've described it differently "handling a backpass". They don't appreciate the confusion my alcohol filled brain went through.
    was not a backpass tho, although saying that it was not handling on the line either
  • Options

Talal said:

cfgs said:

Talal said:

What?

handball outside the area
    Oh so they described it completely wrong then.
  • Options

Talal said:

cfgs said:

Talal said:

cfgs said:

Talal said:

What?

was not a backpass tho, although saying that it was not handling on the line either
    BBC say he tried to dribble around a player outside the box, panicked and handled the ball.
  • Options
    Why is that a sending off? Surely just a deliberate handball and a yellow card?

Didn't look like it was denying a goal scoring opportunity.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Far be it for me to be knowledgeable about the rules but wasn't Hamer red carded for handling outside the box at Orient a few seasons ago ? That wasn't a goal scoring opportunity.

• Options
    To be honest I think any decision like that is a red because its the keeper so if he does not do it then there is an open goal
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited February 2015
    Yeah F, are goalkeepers subjected to different rules to outfield players in that respect?

Honestly don't know
  • Options

WSS said:

Far be it for me to be knowledgeable about the rules but wasn't Hamer red carded for handling outside the box at Orient a few seasons ago ? That wasn't a goal scoring opportunity.

I think the difference was maybe that it was an attempt at a shot/cross that Hamer stopped. The ball wasn't going towards goal with Adrian.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Back on topic, Forest beat Wigan 3-0.
  • Options
    Talal said:

WSS said:

I think the difference was maybe that it was an attempt at a shot/cross that Hamer stopped. The ball wasn't going towards goal with Adrian.
    OK but I assumed that a 'keeper handling outside his area is a straight red.

Shows how much I know !

• Options

Talal said:

WSS said:

OK but I assumed that a 'keeper handling outside his area is a straight red.

Shows how much I know !

No a keeper can handle outside and a not be sent off, if he slides out to gather and his momentum takes him outside for example.
  • Options
    edited February 2015

Back on topic, Forest beat Wigan 3-0.

Good news is not allowed, remember.;-)
  • Options
    Talal said:

WSS said:

You could also say if he never used his hands Mane would have got a foot in, moved the ball away and had an open goal
  • Options

Talal said:

WSS said:

You could also say if he never used his hands Mane would have got a foot in, moved the ball away and had an open goal
    Well yh that's obviously how the ref saw it, I just think this one could go either way.
  • Options
    Betty doing us a favour if Derby can stop Rotherham winning tonight
  • Options
    Always liked that Betty bloke ;-)
  • Options
    3-3 Rotherham, well done benty. Reading losing to Wigan.....bad but good as reading are only a point ahead, so keeps them involved and in reach
  • Options

Betty doing us a favour if Derby can stop Rotherham winning tonight

has she poisoned the hotpots

someone get my coat
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vffvff
    edited February 2015
    Good that Wigan played an away game today. As Twiggy says above, Reading still in the mix and distractions of a cup run. Wigan will be more tired on Friday. Rotherham knocking them in at home. I think they have a good chance of surviving if they are able to put the ball away. Cardiff still only one point ahead of Charlton.

Results Ok for Charlton this evening.
  • Options
    Anyone know how Yeovil got on?
  • Options
    Wigan game had 12 minutes added time and they had 6 bookings - seems a tough game
  • Options

Wigan game had 12 minutes added time and they had 6 bookings - seems a tough game

the injury time was mainly due to an injury to Wigan CM Chris Heard
  • Options

the injury time was mainly due to an injury to Wigan CM Chris Heard
    Must have been a pretty serious injury if he was out for 12 minutes
  • Options

Just thinking this. Could've done with the likes of Roger in defence if they are a dirty side scrapping for every ball at present. 6 bookings shows that they are working hard. 12 players out and 8 in over last three weeks may bring fresh motivation. Tough game ahead Friday.
  • Options
    Millwall 2-0 down
    Rotherham winning

as it stands 8 points between Milwall in 23rd and Fulham in 21st
  • Options
    And Millwall's goal diff is significantly worse than Fulham's despite them getting stuffed by Bournemouth last night.
  • Options
    Millwall lost 4-1
    Rotherham won 2-1

table as it stands

19-Brighton 40 Points
    20-Rotherham 40 Points
    21-Fulham 39 Points
    22-Wigan 31 Points
    23-Millwall 31 Points
    24-Blackpool-22 Points
  • Options
    Rotherham winning 1-0 means Blackpool as it stand will be relegated without playing

and Millwall are 7 points from safety