Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

March 1951 - October 2014 (RIP @March51)

Comments

• Options
    Really sorry for your loss Jimmy.

RIP March51
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss Jimmy. very moving tribute.
  • Options
    jimmy fine words pal , must have been hard to put together

RIP march

the addicks in the sky welcome you as a brother

be at peace now

god bless jimmy
  • Options
    A moving tribute to your Dad. Very emotional and moving and the response to your post is exactly what being a Charlton supporter is all about. We are all part of one extended family, with ups and downs from time to time, but when we all come together we are a force to be reckoned with. Sorry for your loss and condolences to you and your family.
  • Options
    So sad for your loss Jimmy. This touching tribute brought a tear to my eye. R.I.P March51.
  • Options
    Beautiful tribute. Sincerest condolences and thoughts to your family,

RIP March 51.
  • Options
    Lovely tribute Jimmy. I too don't know how I could face Charlton without my dad at my side, but I suppose you just have to have faith that he will be with you all the way, still cheering and commiserating!!

RIP March 51.
  • Options
    A great tribute... RIP
  • Options
    Lovely tribute Jimmy. Both wonderfully heart warming and incredibly sad.

RIP March51
  • Options
    very moving piece Jimmy 85 my sincerest condolences to you may your father rest in peace
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry for your loss jimmy ,your tribute has moved me to tears, as I know how you must be feeling right now . I lost my father hero nearly 5 years ago now, and one does move on , but he is always every day in my thoughts, so he is still with me .It does and it will help mate. RIP
  • Options
    My thoughts are with you Jimmy.

RIP.
  • Options

Sorry to hear this news.

RIP March 51.
  • Options
    Such a well written tribute; my thoughts are with you. We all have our own Charlton life and all have our stories to tell... it just makes you feel like part of a big tapestry. RIP
  • Options
    Lovely tribute RIP
  • Options
    RIP March51
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Jimmy.

RIP.
  • Options

Deepest condolences to Terry's family and friends, his passing mourned also by his many well-wishers on CL who've lost a respected comrade, a stalwart Addick, and truly a kindred spirit.
  • Options
    So sorry to hear you sad news.
    I lost my dad, wife of 50 and brother of 48 all within a space of a few years. They all spent time with me at the Valley and on match days they are with me still as well as other times of course. Hold on to all your cherished memories.
  • Options
    Very sorry to hear this sad news.
    We had brief exchanges on this forum and I would have liked to meet him.
    We're all with you mate, as well as with the other members of your family.
    RIP March 51
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A fantastically well written and moving tribute to a man who was clearly a top Dad and a top Charlton supporter rolled into one. So sorry for your loss Jimmy. RIP March51
  • Options
    My sincerest condolences. I always enjoyed your Dad's posts.
  • Options
    Your fond memories brought a lump to my throat. There's something special about a family football bond that really touches the soul. RIP.
  • Options
    Jimmy. I am so sorry for your loss and my thoughts go out to you and your family.

So much about your brilliant tribute to your dad that I can look at and think about my dad. He started me at Charlton in the early 70s and I got him back into going when we came home to The Valley. We both still go wild when Charlton score, jumping about like a couple of loons! Reading your words about your dad, I just wish we'd score a few more to share that unbridled joy even more.

I also had to smile at your story of his car break in. We were burgled a few years ago and they pulled my cases of CDs and LPs out from cupboards, opened them all up...but didn't take any of them!! I can really appreciate your da's indignation at a thief with no musical taste!! ;)

You've shared some great memories. Remember to always smile when you think of them and especially at our games. Take care.

Rest in Peace Terry.
  • Options
    So sorry to hear of your loss, Jimmy.

What a wonderful tribute to your dad though; as my old dad would have said, it's a real tear-jerker.
  • Options
    Best tribute you have for ur dad is to keep following the mighty Charlton because I'm sure he will carry following them with you
  • Options
    Reminded me of my old Dad and all the matches we saw together over 50 years. A lovely tribute - RIP.
  • Options
    What a fabulous tribute to your dad you wrote there. Any dad would be proud to have his son write about him in such a way, very moving.
  • Options
    Rip. Lovely tribute.
  • Options
    What a beautiful and loving tribute, Jimmy: your Dad must have been extremely proud of you. My condolences to you and all the family.