Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

naby sarr ? another from outside the rd network

Never heard of him to be honest?
But could this be another from outside the rd network?
Could it be the case that rd is realizing that the players he's sending us are not good enough
I'm actually begining to understand Roland a bit in his thinking? Also Maybee think he's not all bad for us?

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2015
    More was the point that at last were starting to look outside of rd's magical box
    Not the fact that were signing this this particular player or not
    I just think rd is starting to think the championship is harder league than he first thoughtand aactually wants to stay in it?
  • Options

More was the point that at last were starting to look outside of rd's magical box
    I just think rd is starting to think the championship is harder league than he first thoughtand aactually wants to stay in it?

RD becoming Charltonised already ?

• Options
    Drummer in The Beatles
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Why doesn't he sign some experienced Championship players then instead of youngsters without many senior appearances to their name?...........Oh hang on a minute experienced Championship players don't fit his idea of an asset which can appreciate in value over time.
    One step at a time
  • Options
    He might be having a look at him with a view to Standard buying him in the summer.

Strange to get a young defender on loan from outside of the country.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

Why doesn't he sign some experienced Championship players then instead of youngsters without many senior appearances to their name?...........Oh hang on a minute experienced Championship players don't fit his idea of an asset which can appreciate in value over time.
    One step at a time
    I'm not holding my breath.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pretty sure we were linked with a load of decent players towards the end if the last transfer window and none of them materialised. I'll believe it when it's a done deal.
  • Options
    What RD and Meire cannot fail to have noticed is that it's a long season with no easy games. 50 games including the cups takes its toll on form and fitness.

I think they got it right last summer in that the squad was good enough to get us to November. But we clearly needed strengthening and cover AFTER injuries occurred. Whether players come from the network or not isn't the issue for me.

It's more about filling obvious gaps and continuing to build a decent squad. We had Coquelin and now Veljković - all good but how about a number 9?
  • Options

What RD and Meire cannot fail to have noticed is that it's a long season with no easy games. 50 games including the cups takes its toll on form and fitness.

I think they got it right last summer in that the squad was good enough to get us to November. But we clearly needed strengthening and cover AFTER injuries occurred. Whether players come from the network or not isn't the issue for me.

It's more about filling obvious gaps and continuing to build a decent squad. We had Coquelin and now Veljković - all good but how about a number 9?

The number 9 shirt has been donated to the Museum as the club had no use for it. Henry said they can have it back if the player they pick to have the 9 shirt passes his Fit and proper persons test to wear it.
  • Options
    IF he signs which Is a very much a if then perhaps it is significant .

not because he's from outside the network but because he is just the type of player that the network would have bought for Leige and then move to us.

Now he is coming straight here. Maybe.

WIOTOS
  • Options

I'd imagine experienced prime championship players are in demand and also unlikely to be sold. They certainly don't grow on trees.

I don't mind youngsters from high profile clubs coming here. Coquelin and the latest kid from Spurs are certainly good players and well thought of. What's to say a France U20 world cup winner won't come her eager to play and impress.

I keep seeing people say 'we need this position etc' but if the scouts have recognised a talent that can come here and relieve a bit of pressure on a stretched centre half pairing then it's not to be sniffed at.

Unless you have a Messi/Ronaldo/Neuer, there is always room for improvement so it some ways it is fair enough to bring in players that will improve you, regardless of what position they will play.

However, you can't just accumulate players for the sake of it because all that will eventually bring is squad disharmony. Also, if you have a limited budget then you need to maximise it and I'm not convinced that another centre back would be the best use of our funds when we have shown we can defend but struggle to create.

IF he were to sign and be joined by a couple of attacking players then it would make more sense. To be fair Onyewu is injured and Gomez is very young so there isn't masses of cover at the moment, but I just think the team needs some street smarts and couple more players over the age of 25 who have played in England would be a big help to us but we seemed determined to sign the total opposite of that. I certainly don't like the idea of this guy replacing TBH.

There's a few days left though so lets wait and see if this and any other deals actually happen.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The next stage of course after stopping shipping players IN from the network would be avoiding carting them all over to Liege or whichever team Uncle Roly is favouring this month... which hasn't actually happened yet of course but that's quite possibly due to our Bright Young Things not exactly coming up shining yet (albeit Gomez hasn't had a lot of time, Solly is injury prone, and Fox is... Fox.)
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

The next stage of course after stopping shipping players IN from the network would be avoiding carting them all over to Liege or whichever team Uncle Roly is favouring this month... which hasn't actually happened yet of course but that's quite possibly due to our Bright Young Things not exactly coming up shining yet (albeit Gomez hasn't had a lot of time, Solly is injury prone, and Fox is... Fox.)

Even though i suspect money was the real factor of why he did not sign a new contract, was it not suggested that RD wished to send Poyet to Liege on loan for a season or have i made that up?
  • Options

thenewbie said:

Even though i suspect money was the real factor of why he did not sign a new contract, was it not suggested that RD wished to send Poyet to Liege on loan for a season or have i made that up?
    That was nothing more than a rumour started on here
  • Options
    Doesn't Polish Pete count as one of ours that has been farmed out to the 'Network'?
  • Options
    Surely the Network model is bringing in young players to buy and sell on. How does the long term plan equate to a manager on 18m contract and three loanees and rising?
  • Options

thenewbie said:

Poyet kind of vaguely alluded to something possibly similar... but nothing ever came of it, so I am inclined to think it was bollocks. The specific version going around was that the new deal was dependent on him going to Liege so his refusal to sign was ACTUALLY a principled young player sticking it to The Man. But as I say, seems a crock of crap to me. I am pretty sure forcing someone on loan (not pressurising, literally forcing them) is illegal under the rules as they stand.
  • Options

As good as Naby Sarr might be what about young Joe Gomez getting a chance in his best position. England's best player in his position and age group. Doubt there is any chance of a permanent signing here also.
    There are areas we need to strengthen ahead of central defence too!

But not if one of our central defenders is on his way out.....

• Options

As good as Naby Sarr might be what about young Joe Gomez getting a chance in his best position. England's best player in his position and age group. Doubt there is any chance of a permanent signing here also.
    There are areas we need to strengthen ahead of central defence too!

But not if one of our central defenders is on his way out.....

Even if not, Bikey is still worrying me a little. He did seem to have done better against Wolves but while we all love a slide-tackling, spring-heeled Beast of a defender he's been VERY erratic over the past few weeks, to the point of unstable. I reckon he'll bounce back if Guy plays it right but time on the bench for the Beast would not be the worst idea ever.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

colin1961 said:

It's funny how everyone goes silent when that happens ...

Well he's probably run out of buckets for the shite he's been shipping in from the other network clubs.

You realise you're getting yourself all worked up over a 21 year old who's played just 8 league games this season, shipping countless goals in the meantime?

EDIT: Meant to ask - how are you feeling about RD sacking the 4th best manager in our history?
    I've moved on !
    Well Untill the 28th of Feb that is when the messiah comes back to the valley