Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC vs Rotherham | Sat 31st Jan 2015 | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions,News & Views

Comments

• Options
    I've never seen us play Rotherham.

The only prediction I can make.....it won't be easy because it never is!
  • Options
    I wasn't that optimistic about the match but having watched the interview with GL I feel even more depressed
  • Options
    My first visit to the Valley was v Rotherham, in 1982. Hope it's a different outcome to that day.
  • Options
    Is this game a 6 pointer ?

POINT
    1.Christophe Lepoint
    2.Have not won at home since Oct 21st
    3.Have not won anywhere since Nov 8th
    4.Must play two strikers at home and get good support in box when on attack.
    5.Whatever we think of Roland, we must support our Charlton.
    6.We want to see a tunnel jump,Katrien can do it as she needs to win the fans over.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if Vetokele is injured or anything?
  • Options
    We'll get 0 or 3; they'll get 0 or 1.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Why do people think we will get 3 to 4 goals. We haven't scored in four games and our attack is powder puff. Not long in the transfer window Roland for that elusive number nine.
  • Options

Do you mean perm any score from
    0-0
    0-1
    3-0
    3-1
    The two from the bottom please Rachel.

Do you get Countdown in Malaya TMA ?
    if not google !.

• Options

Do you mean perm any score from
    0-0
    0-1
    3-0
    3-1
    The two from the bottom please Rachel.

Do you get Countdown in Malaya TMA ?
    if not google !.

Exactly, @soapboxsam. I think we will either fail to score yet again or Rotherham's incompetence will allow us to score an unlikely three. Rotherham either won't score or will sneak one as our defenders look at each other.

Let's hope we're not two from the bottom any time soon. As for Rachel's bottom, I'm far too old to think about things like that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3-1 to CAFC. Some goals at last I hope.
  • Options
    Biggest game of the season so far in my opinion.

Three points tomorrow and a defeat for Millwall, everyone goes home happy, 11 points away from the relegation places and the first win in 11. Also takes the pressure off a tough looking february.

A draw or a defeat could possibly see the crowd becoming vocal in their displeasure towards the owner, CEO and new head coach. Possibly 21st in the league and Millwall only 5 points behind us.

• Options
    Having missed the Bolton game I have not seen a home win since the Watford match, a long time ago. You really do question the enjoyment from all the home games since then and think about that st renewal. Perfect way to change that mindset is a home win tomorrow. No chance, repeat of the Brighton game ,1-0 to Rotherham and the boos are louder from an unhappy Valley.
  • Options
    I'm just a little optimistic after a good and unexpected point last week. Rotherham are far from formidable, so I'll go for a narrow 1-0, courtesy of a rare Christopher Solly goal.
  • Options

One of those games where i really want to be sat behind the away team's dug out for the afternoon....

I wonder how he feels about Bob Peeters's departure because Bob said he would give Evans "a kiss" next time.
  • Options
    1-3. Misery continues.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

One of those games where i really want to be sat behind the away team's dug out for the afternoon....

You won't see much of the game sat behind him though!
  • Options
    Double post sorry
  • Options
    Wonder how long it will take the crowd to get antsy if we are poor? Also be interesting to see what sort of reception Luzon gets. Lukewarm I suspect. The two week delay between all the shenanigans and this home game may have taken a little heat out but I suspect frustration won't be far under the surface.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

SMW28 said:

Hate to be pedantic but the Millers enjoyed five seasons in Div 1/Championship as a youngster I remember my Dad taking me to see Brighton play them in 2002.

Our 1st game under floodlights at The Valley was against Rotherham, I believe.
    It was old Division 2 (equal to today's Championship) back in 1961.

There's a few chaps on here who remember those days, but a bit before my time.

Yes, Oggy sir, I was there. Living in mid-Kent evening games had been confined to school holiday periods until the floodlights were installed. Home and Away reminds me that Rotherham won 2-0 (Millers obviously no sense of occasion) before a below-average attendance of 9986 (ungrateful home fans) during a very poor run of form (useless team - manager fired 10 days later) - all very positive, then. Today, a revitalised Charlton will start to make up for lost time with a long-overdue and substantial victory. 4-1. Oh dear, nurse, NURSE ....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    have just hit the uk
    en route to south london from heathrow
    buzzing about valley trip this afternoon

nice weather!
    games don't get cancelled for a little sprinkling of snow, do they?
  • Options
    If we lose today then relegation seems a real possibility. Hoping we'll scrape a win but feel a Rotherham victory more likely.
    If we start slowly think the fans will turn on the players. Could be a pitiful attendance....
  • Options

Why!? You wouldn't see a thing
  • Options

If we lose today then relegation seems a real possibility. Hoping we'll scrape a win but feel a Rotherham victory more likely.
    If we start slowly think the fans will turn on the players. Could be a pitiful attendance....

Don't worry about it....the attendance won't be as low as the last time time we played Rotherham at home.
  • Options

have just hit the uk

nice weather!

It will be fine mate. Enjoy!

• Options

have just hit the uk

nice weather!

It will be fine mate. Enjoy!

Ffs I'm losing it ! here I am having my breakfast in my xxl Charlton red onesie when i read this reply with the words 'see you at the valley this afternoon' all week i thought we were away!! What a knob! Need to get my arse in gear see you all there
    Coyr

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Thats the trouble with being at work all week and they've disabled the WiFi they now expect me to actually do some work instead of being on cl all shift
    Used to spend much time on cl while in my office(well the crapper realy)as I don't have an office
  • Options
    There's a change at left back today, don't know about the rest of the line up.
  • Options
    Play like last week and I think we will win 2-1.
  • Options
    Morning.
    Just want to apologise well in advance, 1), my first game this season, 2), meeting Steve, Rotherham supporter who compared the Tramshead gig (ask your Dad) and last time he was at the Valley Rotherham scored 5, and 3), I accidentally pushed F5 this morning.

The Addicks have no chance. Sorry.