Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RD's vision not quite working.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Stig said:

Henry, are you suggesting that this will be our next striker?

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/eric-mouloungui/profil/spieler/12551

A nod's as good as a wink to a blind horse
  • Options
    Charlton Alexandra
  • Options

If only we weren't the only team that ever speculatively buys a striker who subsequently doesn't perform as well as we had hoped, leaving the team with a shortfall - anyone would think we didn't have unlimited funds to replace players. I blame RD.

The other point to look at is that even if/when a striker (or any player really) doesn't pass muster it's much easier to get rid. If we'd signed Polish Pete on an equally long contract but sans network he'd still be stuck in the reserves competing with the likes of KAG and Piggott for places/loaning out. The same with Reza, or Nego, they'd still be crap but we'd be stuck paying all of their wages and not able to get anyone in to replace them in the squad.

I'm not saying it's by any means ideal but there's good aspects as well as bad to having players shuffled around without the usual hassle/procedure we sometimes endure.
  • Options
    Quite clearly Roland sees profit from adding to the CVs of players the network owns by moving them around. The question is who's balance sheet their initial acquisition goes on and is there also financial gains made that way too?
  • Options
    For me the network signings aren't necessarily a bad thing! And we certainly benefit from the European scouting network! But the trouble lies with relying solely on them. For example players from the network like Buyens TBH Tuc Bulot and Adjarevic were not bad and if they were there alongside other signings we would not have a problem. For example Buyens he started the season well and won a lot of plaudits however when his form started to drop and he needed a rest we had no option but to continue playing him. We should have had someone else there pushing him for his spot and keeping him on his toes. With Tuc the problem lies in that he was not ready or good enough to be first choice of that type of striker. If for example we had signed a player like Kermorgant and Tucudean was second choice coming off the bench for the odd cameo and playing to rest the first choice then I'm sure most of us would have said he was good enough for the role! The same goes for Bulot and Adjarevic if they had come to add depth and options then they could well have been successes but they were forced into a role they were not up to slash not ready for and it showed!

So roly poly the verdict is you need to complement these signings with more better first choice options and then they will still play an important role in our squad!