Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We deserve relegation

Comments

• Options
    It seems to be that some of our fans wont be happy until we are relegated...

• Options
    But then if we get relegated, will those fans have gone?
  • Options
    I am with Ricky on this... The board deserve to taste relegation and League 1.... They are ripping the heart out of this club
  • Options
    OK let's get real...just where are the points needed coming from with the toothless teams we send out every week. League 1 is on the horizon and if that happens we could go into free-fall 'cos all these Euro-rubbish players will not be hanging around to pick up the pieces. Roland and whoever is on the touchline will play kids and cheap over-the-hill journeymen. I for one, will not be around to watch the further decline of a great club!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I quite liked league 1. Lots of honest clubs, for some of whom this was the highest they were ever likely to get. Quirky little grounds, ramshackle "hospitality" and towns where the football club wasn't the biggest thing in town.
  • Options

I quite liked league 1. Lots of honest clubs, for some of whom this was the highest they were ever likely to get. Quirky little grounds, ramshackle "hospitality" and towns where the football club wasn't the biggest thing in town.

So did i to be fair but that was when we had a identity we could relate to.
  • Options
    edited February 2015

So did i to be fair but that was when we had a identity we could relate to.
    I think if we went to L1 we'd have that back soon enough, once all the saleable assets were gone.
  • Options
    I quite enjoyed League One as well, at least we were winning every now and then. Doesn't mean I want to go back there though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I tell you what, if Plymouth get promoted I'd be able to go to one game a season for less than £100. Got to be worth it for that.
  • Options
    I'm so glad I mostly go to away games with a bunch of supporters who really get behind their team through good and bad performances, keep a good sense of humour and don't berate players at every opportunity. For me this is Charlton, the supporters. Players and managers will come and go whoever they are. I had a great day with my family at Wolves only a week ago and watched a strong committed team with players I was proud of.
  • Options

Another poor display and the usual collapse at the end. Hopeless at defending set pieces and waste nearly every free kick and corner we get.
    Saddest thing of the lot is I'm starting to lose interest and watch games with an air of resignation. Players like the fans seem to be going through the motions.
    The passion and spirit of the club continues to evaporate......
    Never thought I'd feel like this.

"The passion and spirit of the club continual to evaporate" lol

Passion and spirit. Two words you wouldnt normally associate with Charltin athletic
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

if we get a battering next week away to Boro I dread to think what the attendance for Norwich will be

Pulis was right, palace are the biggest club in South London. Hurts you that doesn't it? We on the other hand couldn't give a shit. Millwall FC, biggest small club out there. (Ask any Chelsea spurs or arsenal fan who they'd rather draw in the cup, Millwall or Charlton. There's your answer)
  • Options
    The three teams that go down are the ones that "deserve" relegation, everyone else has earned the right to stay up due to their points haul.
  • Options

Another poor display and the usual collapse at the end. Hopeless at defending set pieces and waste nearly every free kick and corner we get.
    Saddest thing of the lot is I'm starting to lose interest and watch games with an air of resignation. Players like the fans seem to be going through the motions.
    The passion and spirit of the club continues to evaporate......
    Never thought I'd feel like this.

"The passion and spirit of the club continual to evaporate" lol

Passion and spirit. Two words you wouldnt normally associate with Charltin athletic
    Why are you on our forum
  • Options
    They won at long last. Millwall Fan if you say you don't give a shit enough times you will believe it.
  • Options

shirty5 said:

if we get a battering next week away to Boro I dread to think what the attendance for Norwich will be

Pulis was right, palace are the biggest club in South London. Hurts you that doesn't it? We on the other hand couldn't give a shit. Millwall FC, biggest small club out there. (Ask any Chelsea spurs or arsenal fan who they'd rather draw in the cup, Millwall or Charlton. There's your answer)
    ZZZZzzzzz.........

• Options
    if it wasn't for the scum I'd be living in footballing hell atm
  • Options

shirty5 said:

For a club who supposedly don't care what people think of you, you are sure bothered what people think of you in the cup.

"No one likes us we don't care, unlessweaskyouwhoyouwouldpreferinthecup"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blimey didn't take long to come out of the woodwork Millwall, one win and your cock of the North.
  • Options

shirty5 said:

Probably charlton to be honest.
  • Options
    Yep bet chelsea were quacking in their boots before bradford annihilated you!
  • Options

Blimey didn't take long to come out of the woodwork Millwall, one win and your cock of the North.

or just a cock.
  • Options
    Also just asked an Arsenal fan and his response:

"Why would I want Millwall and their fleas anywhere near my stadium?"
  • Options
    The bizarre thing about this league is genuinely how tight it is in the bottom half. The fact that we'd have gone up 6 places with a win, as there are 6 teams on 34 points says it all. Are any of the teams above feeling smug, i think not. Our form is the worst in the league and probably has been since October. Despite the early optimism, with a run of 13 unbeaten, there were too few wins and that is something that has yet to be resolved. Almost every club in the league has won more than us and all of them recently. We have dropped off a cliff, which is odd after showing early promise. The sad thing is a few wins would see us in a comfortable league position and create some positive feelings again. The drop zone is such a depressing place to be that we can't afford to get any closer as our team doe not appear to have the quality or spirit to drag us back out again.
  • Options
    Lets be honest before RD and before powell was sacked we were poor and relegation material. When riga was put in charge we were fortunate to stay up. Its not as though he all of a sudden got us playing great football but it was just enough. Peeters gave us hope briefly at the beginning of the season but loss of form could not be turned around. Now luzon in charge we are in the same boat with the same players. We have some good players but even those don't seem to be up for it any more. Fans losing confidence. There is a bad feeling all round at the valley. Don't believe its all RDs doing as it was there before he took over. Financially he has saved us coz we were in trouble which is a fact. But his vision of this network is not good enough and his stubbornness to stick to this vision will destroy us. If he mixed his network with experienced championship players they could be affective. But all network players is not enough. Vetokele and gudmundsson yes I know were not from the network direct but they were scouted by the same network. So you can get the odd good one. Though vetokele right off form.

Confidence needs a lift. Some quality signings would help but I fear what we will end up with.

I still love the club and will support them to the end.
  • Options

shirty5 said:

Bore off. I thought no one liked you?
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

shirty5 said:

Bore off. I thought no one liked you?
    but he don't care.
  • Options

Bums on Charlton seats will be under 10k regardless of next Saturday.

Norwich will probably bring 1500.