Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We deserve relegation

Comments

• Options

I should imagine a lot of people,are feeling down on our Belgian binary boreoff.com freak show club atm
    And there is no light at the end
    What a joke club
    Gutted

Sorry to say this, but I will suffer relegation if it means Duchatelet and Meire buggering off.
  • Options

I am with Ricky on this... The board deserve to taste relegation and League 1.... They are ripping the heart out of this club

Then they will sell up.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    You don't always get what you deserve in life and the fans don't deserve it, the owner might but maybe that is his contingency plan, go down, play all his misfits and young starlets in a league he thinks they will shine and make him some money.

Breaking News Roly, if you the think the Championship is tough you wait until you savour the delights of League One.
  • Options
    we will be ok keep the faith
  • Options
    Agree dazzler unbelievable the reaction
  • Options

Another poor display and the usual collapse at the end. Hopeless at defending set pieces and waste nearly every free kick and corner we get.
    Saddest thing of the lot is I'm starting to lose interest and watch games with an air of resignation. Players like the fans seem to be going through the motions.
    The passion and spirit of the club continues to evaporate......
    Never thought I'd feel like this.

Deserve releagtion.Mathematically safe with 5 games left. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
  • Options

Another poor display and the usual collapse at the end. Hopeless at defending set pieces and waste nearly every free kick and corner we get.
    Saddest thing of the lot is I'm starting to lose interest and watch games with an air of resignation. Players like the fans seem to be going through the motions.

Are you saying we weren't awful at the time of the original post?
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Listen we had a bad patch when confidence dipped but we recovered well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Uboat said:

Listen we had a bad patch when confidence dipped but we recovered well.
    Thanks, I know that. Just wondered what your motives were for ressurecting an old thread.
  • Options

Once again someone has brought up a thread from ages ago....why do people do this

Priceless.
    I have never once brought up an old thread just to cause arguments
    Nope you'd start 100 new ones :wink:

• Options
    Stig said:

Dazzler21 said:

You lot are fucking mental.

Sort your heads out already! The team is having to learn a new style and old habits die hard... Guy still has time imo.

I've just stuck a like on this post Dazzler. With a bit of luck people will think I agreed with you all along. Oh!
    I still think guy has a huge job ahead, but the man's done no harm imo.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Must admit, at the time of the OP , i thought we were goners - forgotten how to win, and were on the slippery slide,playing absoulte shite football with zero possession and hardly any shots - so much so, that i had a wee bet on us to get relegated- at the time, thought it was easy money.
    What do i know ?!
    Lets hope Peanuts can help me recoup some this afternoon.!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We were on a terrible run and it was easy to think the worst at the time. There were some fans at The Valley who wanted Luzon sacked before he had even started and blamed him for the Watford defeat! Work that one out!
  • Options
    We have shown we are capable of a terrible run and to be honest, the owner was to blame for ignoring clear weaknesses in the squad. Ok, a few additions turned it around, but an opportunity was lost. What happens between now and next season will tell us a lot, but we should be under no illusions it could go either way. We know will can really push by building on tne quality we have, but when Charlton have been in this position before (including pre RD) we have never grasped the opportunity. It will be interesting over the summer.
  • Options
    To be fair back then I felt the same, players that don't turn up and play despite getting paid and having thousands of fans behind them don't deserve success and thank God Guy has managed to stick a few rockets up arses and finally made the lazy gits play for their wages. Very glad we've turned it around but if we'd had a bit more Umph in the first place and they played as well as we now know they can we wouldn't just be mathematically safe with 5 games to go we would be in the promotion battle.
  • Options

Once again someone has brought up a thread from ages ago....why do people do this

Priceless.
    I have never once brought up an old thread just to cause arguments
    Oh yes you have :wink:
  • Options

To be fair back then I felt the same, players that don't turn up and play despite getting paid and having thousands of fans behind them don't deserve success and thank God Guy has managed to stick a few rockets up arses and finally made the lazy gits play for their wages. Very glad we've turned it around but if we'd had a bit more Umph in the first place and they played as well as we now know they can we wouldn't just be mathematically safe with 5 games to go we would be in the promotion battle.

I don't think it is just about umph. A big reason we started well was the form of Igor and Bikey. When we got a few injuries, the weaknesses in the squad that many had identified were evident. I think a big reason for our recent improvement has been the directness ofWatt and Cousins giving more energy to the central midfield. recent games, have shown there is still work to be done, but the p,atform is certainly there. Mind you, it was clear it was there before the first transfer and loan windows ended and we chose to wait.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Stig said:

Dazzler21 said:

You lot are fucking mental.

Sort your heads out already! The team is having to learn a new style and old habits die hard... Guy still has time imo.

I've just stuck a like on this post Dazzler. With a bit of luck people will think I agreed with you all along. Oh!

Some of us knew it at the time

'Knew it' ? Really? I don't think anyone knew anything at the time, on either side of the argument. It was you who reported back from Belgium that Guy was a laughing stock and helped make a lot of people's minds up.
    All this shows is that there are optimists and pessimists (both of whom refer to themselves as 'realists'). Sometimes the pessimists are right and sometimes the optimists. With football, if you wait long enough, you'll end up being right at some point.
    The good thing about being a pessimist is that it's nice to be wrong.
  • Options

Once again someone has brought up a thread from ages ago to try and cause arguments

why do people do this, at the time of the OP we was appalling and pretty much everyone thought we would get relegated, but things change and now we look decent.

But as I say at the time w we was crap and we was all upset with what was happening

I think it is very relevant to bring up this thread again, just to highlight the bunch of whingers on here, that instead of getting behind our team were throwing their toys out of the pram, refusing to attend, giving their season tickets away, blaming the management team. Well they have well and truly been proved wrong and should be eating a large slice of humble pie!
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Once again someone has brought up a thread from ages ago to try and cause arguments

why do people do this, at the time of the OP we was appalling and pretty much everyone thought we would get relegated, but things change and now we look decent.

But as I say at the time w we was crap and we was all upset with what was happening

I think it is very relevant to bring up this thread again, just to highlight the bunch of whingers on here, that instead of getting behind our team were throwing their toys out of the pram, refusing to attend, giving their season tickets away, blaming the management team. Well they have well and truly been proved wrong and should be eating a large slice of humble pie!
    Vegetarian?
  • Options
    you won't find one where I said we would go down, it wouldn't have maltered who was employed people had made their minds up the soul was removed we were fkd

Yes people knew we were not fkd as we knew that a lot of what was going wrong was due to the behavior of bob peeters towards senior respected players and staff once that was gone we would see the responses

If you look at the support thread I was not taking anything I was told by mainly sl supporting Belgians that he was a laughing stock in would make my own mind up after a decent set of games under his control

There was a massive over reaction to all things Belgium for about 5weeks
  • Options

...There was a massive over reaction to all things Belgium for about 5weeks

There's certainly something in this, but I think most of of the early anti-Luzon sentiment came from the bewildering manner of his appointment. Very glad that he was able to rise above this though.