Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Aston Villa

I know his name comes up every time there is a manager,s job available,but I would have thought Curbishley would be mentioned as he played for Villa.

Comments

• Too far from Essex.
  • Also played for Birmingham, so that would go against him......
  • Remi Garde appointed as manager.
  • 7 points clear of safety, after a couple of season of scraping survival, they look doomed. Great win for Watford though 19 points from 14 games, they've been lucky with injuries so far (unlike Bournemouth)
  • It's like watching us on one of our 0-3 days. Villa look utterly doomed on this form.
  • I can sympathise - a good club going down because the owner won't invest well enough to complete.
  • edited December 2015
    Our owner invests. That's not the problem at all. He's just investing in unproven foreigners.

He'll buy 5 Loic Negos and 1 of them will turn out to be a Gudmundsson.

Our best XI are from the academy and have had nothing to do with Roland
  • Our owner invests. That's not the problem at all. He's just investing in unproven foreigners.

He'll buy 5 Loic Negos and 1 of them will turn out to be a Gudmundsson.

Our best XI are from the academy and have had nothing to do with Roland

That's exactly what Villa did in the summer. And Newcastle for that matter.

• Sponsored links:

• Spending 50 million quid in the summer ad getting nowt for it. Villa could be the next Bolton.
  • I can sympathise - a good club going down because the owner won't invest well enough to complete.

At least their owner is trying to sell the club.
  • Why doesn't Prince William and David Cameron buy them?
  • To be fair, Southampton have done really well signing untested foreign players. I wonder what they're doing differently to the rest of us.
  • Chunes said:

To be fair, Southampton have done really well signing untested foreign players. I wonder what they're doing differently to the rest of us.

Going into administration, not paying there bills and ripping off the local business community. Palarse did the same thing.

Inspire of everything that has happened to the addicts over recent year, at least we stuck to our principles.
    Why hasn't that worked for Portsmouth
  • Chunes said:

To be fair, Southampton have done really well signing untested foreign players. I wonder what they're doing differently to the rest of us.

Going into administration, not paying there bills and ripping off the local business community. Palarse did the same thing.

Inspire of everything that has happened to the addicts over recent year, at least we stuck to our principles.
    Why hasn't that worked for Portsmouth
    Because they kept doing the same thing rather than taking the opportunities given to them.
  • Chunes said:

Untested yes, but most of their better signings have experience from the dutch league so Koeman knew them well. That can't just be a coincidence.
  • 6 nil down at home to Liverpool, could be 10 at this rate.
  • Sponsored links:

• They're competing with the Italian rugby team to see who can lose by a bigger margin this afternoon.
  • 6-0 down at home .. and I know we have problems but Villa is a really iconic club, Euro Cup winners and all .. another example of an American owner who does not have a clue or else has lost all interest .. let's hope we have a day out in Aston next season
  • They now have the 3rd worst goal difference in the top 4 divisions. Remarkably, we are only 2nd worse, and on current form may be overtaken by Villa.
    (For those interested, Colchester are currently on -35, and have hardly beaten anyone this season.... )
  • Anyone see that fan basically snogging Origi?
  • What was the final score?

6-0

Same as us away to Hull, biggest home defeat for over 80 years :open_mouth:
  • I think footballs worst nightmare would be if Aston Villa and Charlton played each other at the moment, they could probably play for a week straight with the score remaining 0-0 with nothing of any note taking place.