Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Aston Villa

13»

Comments

• Options

Lifted from Beeb website and its this that annoys me about our stupid leader-:

Other candidates would include managers who "know the Championship" added Murphy, including Burnley's Sean Dyche, Hull's Steve Bruce, Ipswich boss Mick McCarthy and former Leicester manager Nigel Pearson.

I think that's a clever bit of PR there. Cannot imagine Dyche or Bruce giving up their current jobs to go there, but throwing around experienced names in a Press Release is always a good way to show you're "serious." Given they fired Garde around three weeks ago so that they could "start preparing for the Championship," it's a bit odd to me that they don't have a replacement lined up...

In Googling this, it seems that every paper has been in touch with their mate about interest in the job. Pearson is said to be, oddly, "waiting for other offers" despite being out of work for a year.
  • Options
    Got to admire their board members for quitting. I wish murray would follow suit
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Bit of an anti-climax.

I don't think much of his choice in women, but then again - that may be explained by the fact he's going for his mate's knackers in the second pic.

Any port in a storm and all that.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    blokes a wanker, hopefully gets released and doesnt get a job as for the couple of slappers probably on the football circuit every weekend,

no issue with the nitrous oxide and drinking etc out of season, but is it that difficult to go without the night after your "beloved" club are relegated. tosser behaviour.
  • Options
    I see Agbonlahor heading to the Middle East this summer...

Since gaining weight he's lost his explosive pace (I remember seeing him @ Villa Park when he broke through and played against us years ago and was just a proper greyhound) yet now thats gone he's got nothing.
  • Options

I see Agbonlahor heading to the Middle East this summer...

Since gaining weight he's lost his explosive pace (I remember seeing him @ Villa Park when he broke through and played against us years ago and was just a proper greyhound) yet now thats gone he's got nothing.

A lot of pacey strikers are like that. Once they lose that yard of pace, their shortcomings become obvious.
  • Options
    He's never been a prolific scorer in the last 6 seasons he's played 180 games and scorer 34 goals. 12 of those were in 1 season.
  • Options
    suspended by villa pending an internal enquiry.
  • Options

suspended by villa pending an internal enquiry.

Suspending him is like Charlton suspending Roger Johnson!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can see them falling into L1 as well.
  • Options
    Catch us if you can.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    More importantly an owner who realised on relegation that it wasn't working and had to cut his losses and sell.

But Uncle Roland doesn't do failure and won't even talk to prospective buyers.
  • Options

More importantly an owner who realised on relation that it wasn't working and had to cut his losses and sell.

... and it took him 5 years to realise .....
  • Options
    Does Jessie have any input re Xia ?
    (might have to wait a few hours mind you)
  • Options
    We need more unrest so RD will sell.
  • Options
    Hex said:

More importantly an owner who realised on relation that it wasn't working and had to cut his losses and sell.

... and it took him 5 years to realise .....
    To be fair, Lerner pumped some serious cash in at first and they did well, especially with O'Neill there. I think he underestimated just how much he'd have to spend every year to stay competitive so changed his approach. That failed and it cost them, but he's had the sense to sell up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

More importantly an owner who realised on relegation that it wasn't working and had to cut his losses and sell.

It has been up for sale for 2 years though
  • Options
    If Villa I'd worth £60m then how do we compare to that. Not £38m presumably.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Does Jessie have any input re Xia ?
    (might have to wait a few hours mind you)

LOL.... Sorry I've never heard of him. On the Chinese sports website I often go to, people are all asking who he is.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I did a bit of research and found out that this Tony Xia probably has contact in the government. I can't say anything further.
  • Options
    Villa £60m
    Charlton £38m
    Roland your having a laugh!
  • Options
    Has it been revealed whether he is taking on any debt in relation to the £60-70m or is that total price including debt?
  • Options
    Steve Bruce new manager, will be announced tomorrow. Shame cause I was looking forward to playing them next year in EFL1.
  • Options
    Lucky if we are in efl1 next season at the money.

Hoping Brussell can pull a top 6 finish out the bag.

Guessing the odds aren't great in that today.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Villa fans celebrate getting a corner at Watford:

Take a look at @keebo00's Tweet:

Love that. Especially the dozen or so who run down the stairs to celebrate at the front.