Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

forest take the covere end when?

Comments

• Options

Tavern said:

Pompey at home 83 was interesting.

Was there a Pompey loon running along the East Terrace with a knife !
    Not sure if anyone had a knife, but I remember fighting on The East, which was very unusual and I remember someone layed out high up on The East Terrace, pretty confident they were Pompey.
  • Options
    The lad laid out was Charlton. A Pompey fella jumped over the fence into open space separating fans and one if ours (F) did likewise to face him up but caught a heavy blow and went down. Looked a bit groggy for rest of the game
  • Options
    F? Thought it was B.
    The 657 were in the CE before the game, all young lads led by an old fat skinhead.
  • Options

Tavern said:

Pompey at home 83 was interesting.

Was there a Pompey loon running along the East Terrace with a knife !
    Not sure if anyone had a knife, but I remember fighting on The East, which was very unusual and I remember someone layed out high up on The East Terrace, pretty confident they were Pompey.
    Drew 2-2 that day after being 2-0 down. Great diving header by Derek Hales and Tony Towner with a low shot. Neil Webb and a brilliant header from Nicky Morgan for them.

Pompey brought about 4,000 fans and caused a lot of bother. Remember having to dodge a few nutters on the East Terrace that afternoon. Previous season I'd seen them cause major trouble at Brentford (a load of Chelsea turned up at that one and it's still talked about in Bees circles) and at QPR in the cup. Pompey were a nightmare in those days.
  • Options
    Denis was our leader against forest. He was spitting feathers. Lol
  • Options
    Remember him spitting feathers and frothing at the mouth at Burnley when we lost 7.1
  • Options
    WayneK said:

F? Thought it was B.
    The 657 were in the CE before the game, all young lads led by an old fat skinhead.

Neil Redfern?
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

Remember him spitting feathers and frothing at the mouth at Burnley when we lost 7.1

He said to a copper.....that ref stinks, just like your dog.
  • Options
    Being back Denis. Has anybody seen him recently ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bring back Denis. Sorry
  • Options
    kafka said:

If I am thinking of the same game with Spurs, wasn't it the weird situation that they had the covered end, but we still had the bar underneath ? Remember the worst of the trouble was behind the end on the walkway up towards the old valley club.

As for the bloke with the small camping axe, I am sure that was the wednesday game .

Wasn't that when Spurs took the CE then Millwall were there and attacked the spuds? Mental days in the 70's. Remember the SWeds cup game, Cardiff, Chelsea lighting a fire in the CE; Luton also always brought a crew

Think that's on the Panorama vid with Millwall attacking Spurs at Charlton, don't think there were many Millwall though?
  • Options

kafka said:

If I am thinking of the same game with Spurs, wasn't it the weird situation that they had the covered end, but we still had the bar underneath ? Remember the worst of the trouble was behind the end on the walkway up towards the old valley club.

As for the bloke with the small camping axe, I am sure that was the wednesday game .

Wasn't that when Spurs took the CE then Millwall were there and attacked the spuds? Mental days in the 70's. Remember the SWeds cup game, Cardiff, Chelsea lighting a fire in the CE; Luton also always brought a crew

Think that's on the Panorama vid with Millwall attacking Spurs at Charlton, don't think there were many Millwall though?
    There weren't many Sparrows. Always struck me, being a fan of conspiracy theories, that it was a set up. Documentary on Wall and they rock up to a totally unrelated game... cracking Valley day that.
  • Options
    I was based in Portsmouth in '76 when we were drawn against them in the FA Cup 4th round at the Valley. The talk in Pompey up to the match was that they were going to come up in vast numbers and charge the CE. Well, they did bring about six thousand up for the game but they all stayed at The Heights end as a rumour had gone around that the Millwall were at the game and were waiting to ambush them. As it turned out, there was no trouble at all.

The match finished a draw and the replay was set for the following Wednesday. Pompey were well confident of winning and only a very few Charlton fans bothered to make the trip. I went to the match as it was only a 10p bus trip from the dockyard to Fratton Park. We beat 'em 3 - 0, but the Pompey were calling Charlton chicken for years afterwards for not turning up.
  • Options
    It nearly always went off when we played Pompey during the 80s-early 90s. Considering their reputation in the realm of football violence it was surprising they bothered with little old CAFC...... But not as surprising as the fact we always seemed to hold our own!
  • Options
    The game against them at Selhurst Park 1985-86 was interesting as well.
  • Options
    Very interesting. If I remember rightly it all kicked off at Norwood junction station and up Leicester square !!! A few got nicked and done time after that. A few calling cards were left. Made the papers. Little old Charlton.
  • Options
    Was that the flare incident? And I'm not talking trousers.
  • Options
    Yes flare gate in Leicester sq. what must the tourists have thought.
  • Options
    Made the Standard.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I seem to remember Millwall turning up at Charlton several times if we were playing teams they hated and they didn't have a home game. They used to 'side' with CAFC especially against Cardiff.
  • Options

I seem to remember Millwall turning up at Charlton several times if we were playing teams they hated and they didn't have a home game. They used to 'side' with CAFC especially against Cardiff.

That would be every week then Ted? As we all know no one likes em'
  • Options
    They didn't side with us against Sheff Utd.
  • Options
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

What happened?
  • Options
    Not much happened really. They came in the Covered End against Sheff Utd back in about 77-78. Let's put it this way. They were not on the side of Charlton that day.
  • Options
    We done 'em in The Covered End, Millwall geezer I went to same youth club was there, I pointed him out and he vanished..funny that!
  • Options
    Couple of Charlton steamed into them, millwall ran, old bill got in the middle and a big gap between the two firms. millwall disappeared completely towards the end of the game!!
  • Options
    Yes I remember them not being around at the end.
  • Options
    The flare, a member of this board should be able to enlighten you on that one