Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

forest take the covere end when?

13»

Comments

• Options
    I remember 85/86 at Selhurst when a mob of Pompey attacked the ship down the road from Norwood junction before the game, they soon got put on the back foot when we finally managed to get outside, same day as flare incident I think.
  • Options
    Yes it was the same day mate, a bit later than the other incident. Probably why they were a bit peeved lol
  • Options
    I was in the ship on that day Pompey came down. Think they threw flower pots through the windows. It did interrupt my game of pool.
  • Options

sham69 said:

you,re thinking of Sheffield Wednesday,about 79.when the Charlton finally left the pubs we ran them all over the valley.only crews to ever take the covered end are by numbers millwall west ham Chelsea and spurs,i repeat only by numbers

Don't know how anyone ran them all over The Valley, they stayed in The Covered end all match ?
    they fucking did,nt their exit was the old stand
  • Options
    I still do not remember forest taking the covered end.sheepskins were 1969 ask bomber and huey
  • Options
    sham69 said:

I still do not remember forest taking the covered end.sheepskins were 1969 ask bomber and huey

They did.
  • Options
    Weirdos
  • Options
    sham69 said:

sham69 said:

you,re thinking of Sheffield Wednesday,about 79.when the Charlton finally left the pubs we ran them all over the valley.only crews to ever take the covered end are by numbers millwall west ham Chelsea and spurs,i repeat only by numbers

Don't know how anyone ran them all over The Valley, they stayed in The Covered end all match ?
    they fucking did,nt their exit was the old stand
    The stayed in covered end whole match. "Their exit was the old stand" ? What you on about.
  • Options

sham69 said:

They did.
    sea
    to take an end is what Chelsea,millwall,west ham did to us,a few arseholes means nothing,its the same as us pretending we took the north bank at highbury,I was there they ran us.where were you lot against Wednesday that time,i,ve still got the bruises from those days,great fun though
  • Options
    why would we be playing forest that season?i,m talking 75/76
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You need to stop watching football factory chap.
  • Options
    sham69 said:

sham69 said:

They did.
    sea
    to take an end is what Chelsea,millwall,west ham did to us,a few arseholes means nothing,its the same as us pretending we took the north bank at highbury,I was there they ran us.where were you lot against Wednesday that time,i,ve still got the bruises from those days,great fun though
    This is obviously something that's been playing on your mind for a long time.

They didn't take the WHOLE Covered end from corner to corner but the did have a sizeable mob behind the goal for the whole game.
    They packed the bar and one of them had an axe.
    After the game some of them went to the ROD, at about 11 they came to the Pickwick but couldn't get in, some windows were smashed and a few punches exchanged and they left.
  • Options
    and I was wearing a brown sheepskin.
  • Options
    Just as well I was born in 1980 and missed all this shit
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

It was great being a 12 year old won't a be hiding behind a policeman but not something to reminisce about as a 50 something year old.
  • Options

McBobbin said:

It was great being a 12 year old won't a be hiding behind a policeman but not something to reminisce about as a 50 something year old.
    True but being born and brought up in Charlton (I Was 19 at the time of that game) it about as exciting as life got.
  • Options
    please believe me my descendants,charlton were well handy from 68 to about 81,it won,t seem history

sham69 said:

sham69 said:

They did.
    sea

They didn't take the WHOLE Covered end from corner to corner but the did have a sizeable mob behind the goal for the whole game.
    After the game some of them went to the ROD, at about 11 they came to the Pickwick but couldn't get in, some windows were smashed and a few punches exchanged and they left.

sham69 said:

sham69 said:

They did.
    sea

bypassed the watermans then? the trent end was allways a fortress but like Liverpool forest were not known for there away crew
  • Options
    sham69 said:

sham69 said:

They did.
    sea
    geezer with an axe?amateur,should have seen what the millwall dockers carried,nothing like a meathook through the neck,cafc hatchets and hammers plus steels,walking sticks and razor blades behind Crombie lapels,get the drift
  • Options
    and moving swiftly on..
  • Options
    edited July 2015
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFC1312 said:

Police in Latvia intercepted 100 Russian and 100 Polish hooligans on their way to ustawaka last week, that is hooliganism, pre arrange fight equal numbers no damage to City or anyone who is not interested in fighting

• Options
    edited July 2015
    ask Southampton that
  • Options
    Love this thread being bumped, the title always makes me laugh.
    forest take the covere end when? Lol!
  • Options

Forest smashed up Charlton Village and took The Covered End in 76, before Charlton turned up.
    Charlton surrounded them and tried to take it back. Result a draw.

Sheff W took the Covered End in I think the same year. It was FA Cup probably 3rd round. They filled it up and were all in before 2pm. They stayed there. There was no way you'd get about 6,000 of them out. A sea of green & yellow.

Cardiff also possibly '76, first game of the season, hot sunny day, were in the away end, but I remember them coming onto the pitch probably prior to the game, with great big Welsh flags.

Spurs took The Covered End in 75 ? Chelsea in '76 ? and W Ham in '78 ? Millwall took it in about '82/'83.

Cardiff rushed around the back of the main stand in numbers and held by a couple of brave coppers who stood their ground.

Sheff W weren't moved from CE but Charlton tried much of the match. Some serious stuff going on and was a news flash on Sat pm tv.
  • Options
    Jesus, going to a football match in the old days sounds terrible.
  • Options
    Glad that question's been cleared up on a Sunday morning, as it's been worrying me for a while
  • Options
    se9addick said:

there was no internet then.
  • Options

se9addick said:

there was no internet then.

Those were the days. Rucking at the football and an abundance of fanny mags.