Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Warburton to leave Brentford at end of season

Comments

• Options
    If the chairman wants to buy players then he should appoint Harry Redknapp, he really enjoys spending other peoples money.
  • Options
    Someone in the championship will snap Warburton up.
  • Options
    Madness. I'd love him at the valley
  • Options
    Crazy decision. Sour dough on the part of the owner.
  • Options

He got a lot of credit from me when he refused to blame their defeat on Saturday on the problems going on .

Yes, he was very dignified after what must have been a stressful week.

His mother's pride...
  • Options
    shame hes probably been earning a decent crust
  • Options
    Just another chairman rattling his tin and then getting a cob on when thins don't go as expected. Warburton's been a late bloomer and perhaps there'll be another twist yet.
  • Options
    Maybe they're just split tin hairs.
  • Options

Warburton has been treated like a piece of turd by the Brentford chairman.

Did anyone else start to read this, thinking it was going to be another bread pun?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Return for Uwe Rösler?
  • Options
    He was asked to sign Pizza Crouch.
  • Options
    Matthew Benham has made millions from spotting/analysing what others don't see in the game. Pretty sure he knows what he's doing. The fact everyone thinks he's mental is probably music to his ears.
  • Options

Madness. I'd love him at the valley

I'd prefer him to Luzon but I'd be concerned they have been so well run and built up over the last 5 years that he is a product of that somewhat. I think it's similar to Howe who has done a great job at Bournemouth but I'd be wary whether he can do as good a job elsewhere. Brighton as well until year were on a clear upward trajectory despite multiple managers because of the investment in their clubs.
  • Options
    funnily enough, it was talking about this yesterday that led to me being told to lump some money on big sam getting binned.
  • Options
    The Brentford owner is also majority shareholder in FC Midtjylland of Denmark, and they have some sort of partnership agreements with UMF Selfoss of Iceland and Gulu United of Uganda.

Probably the most illustrious of football networks.
  • Options
    Warburton....does he make crumpets?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I'm sure the Brentford fans will miss him when he's scone.
  • Options
    Seriously though, maybe Roly could butter him up and get him as new head coach.
  • Options

He got a lot of credit from me when he refused to blame their defeat on Saturday on the problems going on .

Yes, he was very dignified after what must have been a stressful week.

His mother's pride...
    Reading twitter, his Naan wasn't so dignified
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dabos said:

Matthew Benham has made millions from spotting/analysing what others don't see in the game. Pretty sure he knows what he's doing. The fact everyone thinks he's mental is probably music to his ears.

But he may know a lot and be completely wrong on this. Maybe his best option was to put his chips on Warburton. I think it isn't always around models that brings success, but the people within those models. If you are fortunate to have an excellent manager, it makes sense not to change things and see where he can take you. It is similar for me to managers who have a preferred way of playing. Unless you manage a team with huge resources/wealth, you are not a good manager if you have a preferred way. You can only be a good manager if you are open to finding the best way with what you have got. Warburton looked like a manager who had this and it will only end badly for Brentford IMO.
  • Options

dabos said:

But he may know a lot and be completely wrong on this. Maybe his best option was to put his chips on Warburton. I think it isn't always around models that brings success, but the people within those models. If you are fortunate to have an excellent manager, it makes sense not to change things and see where he can take you. It is similar for me to managers who have a preferred way of playing. Unless you manage a team with huge resources/wealth, you are not a good manager if you have a preferred way. You can only be a good manager if you are open to finding the best way with what you have got. Warburton looked like a manager who had this and it will only end badly for Brentford IMO.
    He may be completely wrong, you're right. But it could be that the manager doesn't make that much difference. If Benham is looking for his manager to buy more into the stats side of things and Warburton isn't prepared to (as this article suggests), then he has to go.
  • Options
    dabos said:

dabos said:

He may be completely wrong, you're right. But it could be that the manager doesn't make that much difference. If Benham is looking for his manager to buy more into the stats side of things and Warburton isn't prepared to (as this article suggests), then he has to go.
    But why not let him go when it is clear he can't take them further - they seemed to me to be on a path to the Premiership, and you have to be a fool or completely arrogant not to park whatever ideas you have in that respect and let Warburton get on with it until a natural end is clear.
  • Options

dabos said:

dabos said:

But why not let him go when it is clear he can't take them further - they seemed to me to be on a path to the Premiership, and you have to be a fool or completely arrogant not to park whatever ideas you have in that respect and let Warburton get on with it until a natural end is clear.
    They may seem to you to be on a path to the Premiership, but I guess Benham doesn't expect them to go up this season based on the fact they have been a bit lucky.
  • Options
    Let us see what happens next Season to Brentford. Football is being over complicated by people. Too much reliance on data stops players reacting to situations on the field, just look at the England cricket team. You need the best people like fitness coaches, nutritionists, etc the best Coach who is able to motivate and set out the tactics and be flexible when things need changing. Finally you need the best players with good character all playing in their best positions giving 100 per cent effort.
  • Options

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2015/05/15/soccer-analytics-brentford-midtjylland-matthew-benham

...“For Brentford, our ambition is to get into Champions League qualifying within four or five years. That sounds really ambitious to most people..."

No mate that sounds utterly bonkers.

Talking to Geordie mate yesterday and apparently Warburton is being linked up there (on the basis he's good with Championship standard players presumably...). Can't see that he's a big enough name for them myself but they could do, and probably will do a lot worse.

• Options
    vffvff
    edited May 2015
    Brentford look like they are going places. Interesting stuff. Thanks to @Callumcafc and @The Red Robin for posting up the articles.
  • Options
    So he will be happy if Brentford go down next season but his stats say they should have been promoted. Quite strange really.

As Disraeli once said lies, damned lies and statistics.