Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Warburton to leave Brentford at end of season

124»

Comments

• Options
    Has signed a three year deal with Rangers.
  • Options
    edited June 2015

About the best decision Rangers have made in the past three years
  • Options
    he's got Davie Weir as sidekick/instantaneous translator
  • Options
    se9addick said:

About the best decision Rangers have made in the past three years
    Not a lot of competition to be fair.
  • Options
    Decent manager. Good luck to him.
  • Options

Brentford FC Verified account
    @BrentfordFC
    BREAKING | Brentford have today parted company with Head Coach Marinus Dijkhuizen and assistant Roy Hendriksen

• Options
    Obviously Brentford didn't learn from Wolves and Southampton from years before..
  • Options
    Appleton?
  • Options
    Yep that worked out well. New bloke must have a bigger laptop....
  • Options
    Brentford's decision to get rid of Warburton looks like the most ridiculous decision a Championship club could ever make, but then again I'm not surprised.

Did they really think a coach from Excelsior Rotterdam was going to come in and equal or better their first year achievements?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

Brentford's decision to get rid of Warburton looks like the most ridiculous decision a Championship club could ever make, but then again I'm not surprised.

Did they really think a coach from Excelsior Rotterdam was going to come in and equal or better their first year achievements?

Um.......
  • Options
    As the old saying goes "you don't appreciate someone 'til he's gone".

Lee Carsley, him with the vast managerial experience, has been given the job 'til he gets sacked end of season.
  • Options
    Blimey - that was a bit rapid. A case of easy come, easy go.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Most ridiculous decision a Championship club could ever make? Don't know about that - selling Kermorgant and giving Morrison a free transfer runs it pretty close.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

I'm glad we don't have an owner like Brentford........

GL is probably sweating right now because if Brentford draw their game in hand tomorrow night, at home to Birmingham, we actually go below them.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

He got Brentford close to the Premier League with his first season in the Championship and has a higher win percentage record than any other Brentford manager in their 100+ year history.

Thinking he was not the right man to continue with them is about 100x times more ludicrous than Charlton selling Yann Kermorgant, as ludicrous as that was.

I agree.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

He got Brentford close to the Premier League with his first season in the Championship and has a higher win percentage record than any other Brentford manager in their 100+ year history.

Thinking he was not the right man to continue with them is about 100x times more ludicrous than Charlton selling Yann Kermorgant, as ludicrous as that was.

totally, an absurd decision for any club, but particularly for a club at this level.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ok then, I will step up to the plate.

Curbs 16/1
  • Options
    Powell should have waited. He'd have been good down there
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

ok then, I will step up to the plate.

Curbs 16/1

• Options

Powell should have waited lost to us and got sacked. He'd have been good down there

• Options
    Matthew Benham swears by his mathematical approach to transfers and it seems Warburton was let go as he wasn't prepared to rely on it totally.

Benham seemed to think his mathematical scouting approach was the key to the club's success and that Brentford just needed a willing coach to bring success on the field. Hmm...
  • Options

"In his defence, Dijkhuizen has been unlucky with injuries and has had to deal with the departure of some key players. His undoing may well be that he was indeed too honest in interviews with the media, something that may well have irked owner Matthew Benham.
    "Question marks also hovered over whether he had a strong enough relationship and rapport with players who he didn't sign."

Too honest in interviews with the media? Question marks over his relationship with players who he didn't sign?

Sounds like the gentleman who was in charge 12 months ago at the Valley
  • Options
    Benham = RD

Warburton = Powell.

A greater comparison would be harder to find.
  • Options

Benham = RD

Warburton = Powell.

A greater comparison would be harder to find.

Warburton is a combination of Powell and Riga, as unlike Powell, Warburton WAS prepared to work under a network/mathematical system, but wanted a bit of flexibility as well.