Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Green Party Leader Natalie Bennett gives excruciating interview to Nick Ferrari on LBC

Comments

• Options
    Watermelons.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Like Labour, not to be trusted.

That's the crux of the problem, I've yet to find a political party I do trust......
  • Options
    "Where's Stonehenge Dad?"

"Behind that Council block Son"
  • Options
    DA9 said:

MrOneLung said:

UKIP will not have more than 3 M.P.s after general election and if I was to bet I would say 0 or 1 at most.

Agreed, had a bet with someone that if they managed to get 5 MP's, I will run down my street naked whistling colonel bogey with a daffodil in my rear end
    So tempted to start canvassing for them now :smiley:

• Options
    seth plum said:

LuckyReds said:

brogib said:

seth plum said:

The divvying up of the world's resources between the world's people is an obvious challenge for humankind. Pulling up drawbridges won't solve that problem.

It will if too many people want to live in the same place
    Or if everyone else keeps their drawbridges up.

We're not talking about the "divvying up of the world's resources" either; if we had the world's resources then the situation would be different. Unfortunately, we're talking about the "divvying up of the UK's resources" - something on a vastly smaller scale.

All political angles are advocating cuts of some form or another; this is because we simply don't have enough cash to support the population and standard of living that we've become costumed too. Cuts to key areas are actually a key principle of the Green party - their victim of choice was the Armed Forces.

Opening the doors to even more immigration, without filtering of profession or status, is a wonderful idea but in reality would be absolutely terrible. All those services we can't sustain now (Schools, Hospitals, Emergency Services...) would be absolutely swamped.

It just takes a walk through certain areas (Whitechapel anyone?) to see that, if anything, the drawbridges need to be made harder to cross than they currently are. We need people who will integrate, who will contribute and who wont simply be a drain on an economy which is already a bit thin.

I'm proud of where I come from; I guess that makes me patriotic - I celebrate the history of my country, it's unique little quirks and it's attitudes and values. However, opening the entrance any wider will leave me taking the exit; as it is I'll be surprised if I still work in this country within 12 months.

Does that make me hypocritical if I move abroad? Maybe. You can be damn sure I'll be learning the language though (I have courses worked out for my chosen area, and have even got textbooks I'm going through now), I'll respect their customs and culture and that I'll be working my ass off as I do in this country - and therefore contributing to their economy. If I move abroad, I'll be the type of immigrant I'd like to see in my own country.
    Isn't the bit I have highlighted a pointer though?

The UK's resources?

If the UK weren't able to get some resources that originate outside the UK's jurisdiction the country would collapse, or are we self sufficient in everything now?

As I said, "[it] is a wonderful idea, but in reality..." - and the reality is you would never get the whole world sharing their resources so that they could be divided easily. The world is a fragmented place full of different agendas, attitudes and ultimately greed.

Whilst the world is fragmented and resources aren't shared then sadly we need to be realistic and take care of our own resources - and that's not compatible with increased immigration.

Fiiish said:

Like Labour, not to be trusted.

That's the crux of the problem, I've yet to find a political party I do trust......
    It is indeed. I was a card carrying member of a mainstream political party before I could even vote; back at 16 or 17. My membership lapsed, and I became a member again about a year ago.

My parents had very different political views, so it's not like I was bred in to a specific party. Now though, I regret having that membership card - approaching election time I'm being asked to get involved, do doorstep canvassing etc. My heart isn't in it though.

I, I expect like many others, just feel apathy towards politics at the moment. I have no faith in Labour, I can't actually tell what the Conservatives stand for anymore, The LibDems would most likely be a wasted vote, UKIP argue for a few things I agree with but don't seem to have any substance other than their stance on the EU and Immigration, and the Green party is laughable.

What's the point really? Nothing will change, at least not on the scale of the changes that are seriously required at the moment. Same politicians, different tie colours.
  • Options
    IAIA
    edited February 2015
    Addickted said:

DA9 said:

MrOneLung said:

UKIP will not have more than 3 M.P.s after general election and if I was to bet I would say 0 or 1 at most.

Agreed, had a bet with someone that if they managed to get 5 MP's, I will run down my street naked whistling colonel bogey with a daffodil in my rear end
    So tempted to start canvassing for them now :smiley:

I'm sure there are easier ways to see him naked.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

MrOneLung said:

El, I think Election Day will be squeaky bum time for you.

• Options
    WayneK said:

DA9 said:

MrOneLung said:

El, I think Election Day will be squeaky bum time for you.

Not unless he replaces the daffodil with a kazoo
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    WayneK said:

I'm not against immigration but I think we should adopt Australia's view on it .

Wayne, Australia had a highly successful and efficient immigration policy under John Howard. However Labor/Green alliance under Gillard/Rudd tore that policy down. Over their six year term, 50,000 illegals on 800 odd boats entered the country, with 1200 men women and children drowning at sea. 2000 kids were placed in detention. No outcry then from Greens or Lefty Human Rights Commission. Abbott went to the election pledging to stop the boats. He was ridiculed by the Left " impossible, turning back boats won't work" blah, blah. Within months of gaining power Abbott had turned back five or six boats and they then stopped coming altogether. No praise whatsoever from the Leftist mainstream media. 2000 kids in detention has now gone down to less than 200 and decreasing fast, a 95% reduction. Now a damning report has been released by the Lefty head of the Human Rights commission backed by Labor and the Greens, damning Abbott for the kids still remaining in detention. On top of this Labor/Green alliance left behind a debt of over 600 billion (a billion a month interest bill)! a $14,000 debt for every man woman and child. All attempts by Abbott to fix the budget are now being blocked by Labor/Greens and other rabble in our Senate. And guess who's way ahead in the polls?
    Yep Labor. Voters don't like taking tough medicine or repaying debts it seems!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

WayneK said:

I'm not against immigration but I think we should adopt Australia's view on it .

Wayne, Australia had a highly successful and efficient immigration policy under John Howard. However Labor/Green alliance under Gillard/Rudd tore that policy down. Over their six year term, 50,000 illegals on 800 odd boats entered the country, with 1200 men women and children drowning at sea. 2000 kids were placed in detention. No outcry then from Greens or Lefty Human Rights Commission. Abbott went to the election pledging to stop the boats. He was ridiculed by the Left " impossible, turning back boats won't work" blah, blah. Within months of gaining power Abbott had turned back five or six boats and they then stopped coming altogether. No praise whatsoever from the Leftist mainstream media. 2000 kids in detention has now gone down to less than 200 and decreasing fast, a 95% reduction. Now a damning report has been released by the Lefty head of the Human Rights commission backed by Labor and the Greens, damning Abbott for the kids still remaining in detention. On top of this Labor/Green alliance left behind a debt of over 600 billion (a billion a month interest bill)! a $14,000 debt for every man woman and child. All attempts by Abbott to fix the budget are now being blocked by Labor/Greens and other rabble in our Senate. And guess who's way ahead in the polls?
    Wow. How wonderful it must be to live in the simplistic world of the Rightie!
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:

WayneK said:

So what facts do you dispute?
  • Options

Chaz Hill said:

WayneK said:

Depends how you interprete FACTS and the wider context they are part of. It is easy to be selfish and look the other way :-)
  • Options

Chaz Hill said:

WayneK said:

I wouldn't bother q_a, the extent of Chaz to participate in political threads extends to 'LOL'ing posts he doesn't understand and making risible snipes like the one above.

It's pretty astonishing what a mess Gillard & Russ made in your country, almost as bad as the vandalism that occurred under Blair/Brown, although I imagine a Green/Labour/SNP coalition in May could easily level this country's infrastructure in months if given the opportunity.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Chaz Hill said:

WayneK said:

I wouldn't bother q_a, the extent of Chaz to participate in political threads extends to 'LOL'ing posts he doesn't understand and making risible snipes like the one above.

It's pretty astonishing what a mess Gillard & Russ made in your country, almost as bad as the vandalism that occurred under Blair/Brown, although I imagine a Green/Labour/SNP coalition in May could easily level this country's infrastructure in months if given the opportunity.
    Just for your information Mr Fiiish I have worked in posts so close to the centre of the political system that you could only dream of. This is the reason I find your pontifications and snipes so "risible".
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:

Fiiish said:

Chaz Hill said:

WayneK said:

Just for your information Mr Fiiish I have worked in posts so close to the centre of the political system that you could only dream of. This is the reason I find your pontifications and snipes so "risible".
    Printing ballot papers or working on the count at a Local Election?

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Chaz Hill said:

Fiiish said:

Chaz Hill said:

WayneK said:

I wasn't going to rise, but that post is so painfully patronising that it's just laughable.

You don't actually say which political system you worked closely with, but as far as I can tell a central tenet of most political systems is that people are free to commentate and debate.

Whereas Queensland is doing this, you seem unable to answer a simple question; "What facts do you dispute?".

Obviously though, not working close to the political system I'm probably talking out of my ass - but it would appear you learnt nothing when you were working "so close to the political system".

Also, I feel it's worth highlighting another point; a large majority of us have dreams that are far from working in politics.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Chaz Hill said:

Fiiish said:

Chaz Hill said:

WayneK said:

I don't expect the server at McDonalds to understand how the beef industry operates. I'm not really dreaming of a job inside politics and most political experts have never actually worked in politics itself (much like most historians never actually lived in Napoleon-era France).

If you care to make any kind of rebuttal citing facts then I'm all ears but based on your previous form I won't be holding my breath.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Chaz Hill said:

Fiiish said:

Chaz Hill said:

WayneK said:

No and no.
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:

Addickted said:

Chaz Hill said:

Fiiish said:

Chaz Hill said:

WayneK said:

No and no.
    Ah, something to do with the Scottish referendum.

Serving drinks for the Chief Returning Officer?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Addickted said:

Chaz Hill said:

Fiiish said:

Chaz Hill said:

WayneK said:

Much closer than that, so close that we can only dream...

• Options
    LuckyReds said:

Addickted said:

Chaz Hill said:

Fiiish said:

Chaz Hill said:

WayneK said:

Much closer than that, so close that we can only dream...

Getting closer :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Were you Ann Widdecombe's bit on the side?
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:

Fiiish said:

Chaz Hill said:

WayneK said:

Who dreams of working "in posts so close to the centre of the political system"? I'd sooner cut meself a thousand time and soak meself in a bath full of vinegar

By the way, you ain't that Charlton supporter who was on Come Dine With Me are you by any chance?
  • Options
    I've got it. He's Larry, Chief Mouser to the Cabinet Office.
  • Options
    Right opposite the doors of 10 Downing Street (Behind the photographer as it were) is a gateway leading to the Foreign Office. In me Rentokil days, I had to take down and replace some pigeon netting and spikes, then shoot a few ferals all so Brown and Obama could walk through without getting shit on, for Obama's first visit before the G20 (Always remember it coz had to try and drive me van through the poxy Commies protesting outside). That's about as close as I've ever got, or ever wanted to get to the "centre of the political system"!
  • Options
    brogib said:

Right opposite the doors of 10 Downing Street (Behind the photographer as it were) is a gateway leading to the Foreign Office. In me Rentokil days, I had to take down and replace some pigeon netting and spikes, then shoot a few ferals all so Brown and Obama could walk through without getting shit on, for Obama's first visit before the G20 (Always remember it coz had to try and drive me van through the poxy Commies protesting outside). That's about as close as I've ever got, or ever wanted to get to the "centre of the political system"!

In a Rentokil van?

That sounds fun.
  • Options
    brogib said:

Shame you couldn't do anything to stop the politicians from shitting on us.
  • Options
    IA said:

brogib said:

In a Rentokil van?

That sounds fun.
    They were too busy running away from a couple of wayward ; ) shots from me .22
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:

Fiiish said:

Chaz Hill said:

WayneK said:

Arrogant, patronising, has no idea what he's talking about all whilst having the general air of being a twat...

His story checks out guys.