Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eurovision 2015

Surprised this hadnt been mentioned anywhere over the last few weeks but... Australia have been given a wildcard into this years Eurovision!!

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/feb/10/eurovision-song-contest-invites-australia-to-join-worlds-biggest-party

Know it means we might get a few more points but... c'mon

Comments

• Options
    Even more reason to avoid watching it!
  • Options

Even more reason to avoid watching it!

A load of Gullah's and Sheila's warbling some inane ditty about endless expansive horizons and golden sun kissed beaches.

I'll take it off of my reminder list, hold on! it wasn't on there in the first place...
  • Options
    Israel have been in it for years, so it's already lost it's geographical integrity.
    I watch it most years. It's hilarious as long as you go in with the right mindset, i.e. don't expect it to be good/fair.
  • Options
    been mentioned in another thread. If Israel can be in it why not Australia?
  • Options

been mentioned in another thread. If Israel can be in it why not Australia?

Israel makes more sense, they are already in the European sections when it comes to football
  • Options
    I'm at mates in Cyprus that weekend, now expecting a pool party. I love Eurovision.
  • Options
    The whole thing has turned into one big camp party. I absolutely hate Eurovision.

• Options
    Sounds like it's becoming the Europa League. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw A-League teams in the Europa in a few years
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The whole thing has turned into one big camp party. I absolutely hate Eurovision.

I agree. Used to be such a respectable event.

-)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Australia will be warmly received by the Eurovision community and it's only a one off. Australia has one of the biggest followings of Eurovision outside of Europe so that's why they're getting a one-off nod.

I can't complain about Oz's involvement if Russia is allowed to compete. Granted the Russian act will not be complicit in the war crimes that Russia is supporting in Ukraine or their annexation of Crimean territory but the act will be being put forward by the state broadcaster, which is the media wing of the Russian government's whose actions have not only led to many deaths in Ukraine but also the prolonging of the ongoing war in Ukraine that has forced Ukraine itself to withdraw this year. And then there's the Israel act as well. Not only is it not in Europe but the Israeli government is now pursuing a policy based on statements made by state officials that Europe is no longer a safe place for Jews. Yet safe enough for them to send an act to Austria? OK then.
  • Options
    At least it don't get members of the gullible public to phone vote and earn dough out of em and still fix the result
  • Options
    The people who pick the UK entry have really excelled themselves this year .

What were they thinking?

Still In Love With You - Electro Velvet (UK entry for Eurovision 2015)

http://youtu.be/eniaB0xchTY
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Israel have been in it for years, so it's already lost it's geographical integrity.
    I watch it most years. It's hilarious as long as you go in with the right mindset, i.e. don't expect it to be good/fair.

You can just imagine Israel with its open attitude to homosexuality and transexuality (if that is a real word) competing in the middle eastern song contest.
  • Options

The people who pick the UK entry have really excelled themselves this year .

What were they thinking?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je3UGI1jMP8
  • Options
    I like the Finnish attitude - a punk rock group all with learning difficulties. Hope they do well.
  • Options
    I quite like our entry, at least it's distinctive and catchy
  • Options
    It's very Eurovision. Might do well, god knows why.
  • Options
    Its just a rather Gay night in....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I like it - looks like Conor Gough on drums...
  • Options
    What happens if Australia wins? Are they allowed to host it next year? The Scandies are mental for Eurovision (especially the Swedes).
  • Options
    Next year Antarctica has been picked as a guest competitor. Fifteen penguins are already honing their Pick-up-a-penguin routine.
  • Options
    Tonights The night, wonder if we'll still go in for it , if we exit Europe via a referendum, might do us a favour!
  • Options
    Money on Poland for a top 5....
  • Options
    I actually think we will finish top half. From what I've heard none of the songs are particularly good this year.
  • Options

Money on Poland for a top 5....

If the milk maids are back from last year, then they stand a good chance.
  • Options
    Italy to win.
  • Options
    Russia or Italy
  • Options
    Ireland finally achieved their aim and got out of it (they nearly went bankrupt - before the banks did that job for them - from carrying on hosting after winning) by throwing the semi during the week.

Ironic not to be there on the day that the country votes for same sex marriage!! :smiley: