Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How long since you've eaten a McDonalds

Is it just me? I've not eaten a McDonalds or similar for about 25 years.

My last experience was in a small USA airport where I had a delayed connecting flight and the only option was a Burger King.

That's not to say when my kids were still at home that I went down to McDonalds and bought them all their delightful products. Indeed, I can recall the lad in McDonalds saying "Enjoy your meal tonight" as he gave me the brown bags with their hideous contents. I replied "Yes, I will", I replied, "I'm eating something else".

Comments

• Options
    last time I was drunk on a train......a few weeks
  • Options
    I had one yesterday....it was lovely.
  • Options
    About the same time. I am Gluten intolerant so can't eat the stuff.
  • Options
    Seven weeks ago. In the Golden Arches in Eltham - the one that used to be a Burton's and was were I got my first suit about 50 years ago.
  • Options
    Munich 1980 (sounds like a footie team!).
  • Options
    The day after the McRib come out besides that not or months prefer BK
  • Options
    About 9 hours ago
  • Options
    Since they stole my pub, the Yorkshire grey.
    So about 20 years?????
  • Options
    I have never eaten one. Well tell a lie I tried one of their veggie burgers once and it was vile.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had a sausage and egg Mcmuffin a couple of years ago....used to have a milkshake at the 'Yorkshire Grey' every now and then when we used to live in Lee and often walked upto Eltham to do the shopping....but that was back in 2010 before we moved down here.
  • Options
    About 40 years ago.

It was soon after the the first UK McDonalds had opened in Woolwich, so went along with a few mates.

Not what it was hyped up to be.

Never touched one since.

• Options
    1990 in Copenhagen with fussy teenage daughter who would not try Danish food. First and last time.
  • Options
    Oh heck. I've just realised I had a coffee in one in Thailand a few years ago. It was a venue of convenience - torrential rain and nothing else nearby. Needless to say, the coffee was undrinkable.
  • Options
    About 30 seconds ago. Double Sausage & Egg McMuffin meal. It was divine!
  • Options
    Over a year ago, Burger King is so much better. Shame the one at fiveways has closed.
  • Options
    Wednesday night...
  • Options
    I used to work at Woolwich McDonald's so have been put off them really. I used to make myself vegetarian burgers for my breaks there! The last one I had was probably an Egg McMuffin in Calgary 5 years ago (they don't taste any better in Canada!)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Reckon about 4 or 5 years, always feel internally dirty after a McDonalds. Having said that, I'd be more likely to go to McDonalds than I would be to go to Byron Burger/5 Guys/Gourmet Burger King,etc - £12 for a burger and chips, when the hell did that become acceptable, and what marketing genius has managed to convince the masses that eating squashed together mince meat is some sort of fine dining experience?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Oh heck. I've just realised I had a coffee in one in Thailand a few years ago. It was a venue of convenience - torrential rain and nothing else nearby. Needless to say, the coffee was undrinkable.

Same here, went for a coffee and muffin last September in Annecy, France.
  • Options
    right now.... nah last week, I agree with MrLargo, I always feel dirty after McD's.
  • Options
    I had a breakfast wrap just before Christmas which is good hangover food.

25 years ago I used to meet up with my work mates on the way into town at the Surrey Docks Mac's, have breakfast, then meet at the one on Houndsditch for lunch and sometimes again around 3 for coffee and doughnuts. It's a good job I was burning off all the calories back then or I'd have become a right biffa!
  • Options
    Last Friday night in Wigan about mid night as we finally got out from the ground.

They had free refills on your cokes in that one.
  • Options
    About 13 years ago. Never really got the fascination with the Golden arches, especially as the product never looked like it does in the advert, rather a squidgy luke warm beige mess. A bit like seeing a car advert for a Volkswagen, going to buy one and accepting a bicycle for the same price!!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Please don't mention advertising you may offend a few sensitive souls on here .
  • Options
    1990 - just after landing back in UK after a boys tour to Andorra, where the food was dreadful. Didn't think it could get any worse, then it did. I also fell into the trap of believing the urban myth of McDonalds giving money to Noraid, so that encouranged me not to eat there. The fact that it turned out to be bullshit, makes me feel a bit stupid, but I've still kept away from McD's. My kids eat there occasionally, but I wait for them on the car.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    When I had a raging hangover and I couldn't even stand up straight. So I ordered a McDelivery: Big mac meal, 12 chicken nuggets, double ice cream sundae...

Only chemically-enriched food can cure the bends.
  • Options
    About 2 weeks ago. Just had a burger mind.

McDonalds is quick, easy and you know exactly what you're getting. Generally a last resort but there's a lot worse out there tbh in terms of both food quality and standards.