Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How long since you've eaten a McDonalds

Comments

• Options
    2 days ago .. and a Burger King Chicken Royale with fries/chips the day before that .. when 'on the road' the 'quickie' is often too convenient and too tasty to resist
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Please don't mention advertising you may offend a few sensitive souls on here .

What?
  • Options
    Before the Brentford game. I had a Chicken Sweet Chilli wrap at Kings cross and very nice it was too.
  • Options
    About a month ago. Can just about piece together a memory of myself standing outside charing cross McDonalds with a Mcrib at 4 am
  • Options
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    About two years for me since I've eaten a McDonalds. Oh, the self-loathing afterwards...
  • Options
    If you have a McDonald's, you'll want another one within a week. That's how the chemicals work kids.
  • Options
    about 10 months for me. Dont really eat fast food. Rather save space for the beer!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just over a year ago in the MGM Las Vegas.
  • Options
    Had one last night oops. Before that it was 2-3 weeks ago.
  • Options
    Not since they stopped using the pink slime.
  • Options
    Not since the kids grew up and buggered off. Thankfully. They used to prefer Burger King Burgers but McDonalds fries and would quite naturally expect muggins to traipse round in order to fulfil their culinary wishes.
  • Options
    I haven't eaten McDonalds or any form of 'junk food' since September and I've shifted 3 stone.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

I haven't eaten McDonalds or any form of 'junk food' since September and I've shifted 3 stone.

Fair play to you mate. Wish I had your will power. I exercise regularly so am not overweight, but would be much healthier if I ate properly.
  • Options
    Addicted said:

Nothing beats a double sausage and egg mcmuffin when hungover and up early.

This - and it happened yesterday morning. They do a decent coffee there too!
  • Options
    I've had two McDonald's in the last year. I thoroughly enjoyed the sordidness of the affair on both occasions. I regretted my decisions, as one does, in the hours that followed, but there's no point being snobbish about it!
  • Options
    Sometimes i eat at overpriced restaurants and think the meal i'm eating isn't as nice as a big mac meal
  • Options
    Not had one for about ten years.

Adults can make their own mind up but I don't like it when I see really young kids fed it regularly as a matter of course. The wife and I having a little experiment on how old we can get our kids before peer pressure, Kids parties or inquisitiveness takes over. So far at 6,4 and 2 none of them have had one yet. We're hoping to get to 10
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah I had a lunatic of a friend who gave his daughter at least 2-3 McD's a week for financial and laziness reasons. We tried to explain why it was a bad thing, but he didn't want to hear. Literally, he got angry if we tried to explain it. That guy was nuts. Last I saw, he was off to meet a girl with one leg he met on a Facebook dating thing. But that's another story.
  • Options
    God knows how many McRibs I ended up having, it was double figures. Before that I had one last summer.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

About the same time. I am Gluten intolerant so can't eat the stuff.

Not much evidence there is any such thing. My granddaughter is coeliac and that is an auto-immune disease.

Feel bloated, rabid indigestion - I get that if I eat crap processed bread products. Blaming this on gluten instead of unnatural processing has given the food industry the chance to make squillions selling overpriced gluten free products, some of them stuffed with every additive you can name to make them palatable. Do what I do, make your own pure sourdough bread with nothing apart from flour, water and salt. My granddaughter can eat pure sourdough bread without ill-effect.

Processed bread, gluten free or not, is made so quickly the enzymes in the flour do not break down, so your digestive system has to do it. Wet some bread and squeeze it to turn it into the texture of rubber to see why your your stomach complains. Try doing it with genuine sourdough (not shop sourdough which is normal bread with a bit of sourdough culture thrown in) and it behaves more like a sponge.

Not only that, regular dough continues to ferment in your gut. No surprise it gives an unpleasant sensation as your system attacks it with everything it's got so it's broken down and soft enough for you to shit the stuff out. Stop blaming gluten I say and eat proper bread to get the same relief.

• Options
    *gets out bag of popcorn (containing gluten)*
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Yeah I had a lunatic of a friend who gave his daughter at least 2-3 McD's a week for financial and laziness reasons. We tried to explain why it was a bad thing, but he didn't want to hear. Literally, he got angry if we tried to explain it. That guy was nuts. Last I saw, he was off to meet a girl with one leg he met on a Facebook dating thing. But that's another story.

Surely Macca doesn't eat at MacD.
  • Options
    Mr Last McDs was before the Trust meeting in Woolwich last week.
  • Options
    About a month ago. Usually treat myself every few weeks. Like lots of things it's fine in moderation. Some people eat it too regularly though, or feed it to their kids too often which makes it seem bad. Also like many other things it seems to be those that have a problem with it who bang on about it. If you don't like it then fine, don't eat it. Unless something is forcing you to eat it, don't even talk about it.
  • Options
    About 9 months ago on a wet Sunday night with my daughter near Oxford when it was pretty much the only place open where it was easy to park close by after we'd moved her into her temporary accommodation.
  • Options
    Last ime I was in UK, last April