Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carpet or Laminate

2»

Comments

• Options
    carpet in the living room, slate floor with underfloor heating everywhere else downstairs.

carpet all upstairs except bathroom
  • Options
    Slightly off topic but a good friend of mine in Thailand spent a whole evening over much beer working out with much satisfaction that an anagram of Diego Forlan is grade of lino.
  • Options
    Can't beat sawdust IMHO
  • Options
    wood flooring looks nice but just not as warm & fluffy as a carpet, specially in the lounge.
  • Options
    But how about wood flooring / amtico etc - but with a nice rug in rooms like a lounge to add a splash of colour.

This thread is making me go all Laurence Llewellyn Bowen.
  • Options
    brogib said:

Can't beat sawdust IMHO

Helps with the blood spill
  • Options
    Ok, what's people views on underlay, would you/ have you always replaced it when you've had a new carpet, thanks in anticipation.
  • Options
    Carpet all day long but with kids that's not a great idea. Can't wait till my kids get out of the "Spilling anything liquid" stage so I can go back to carpets.
  • Options
    Karndean have some fantastic ranges and have overtaken Amtico in price and appearance.
    Polyflor also have a couple of domestic luxury vinyl tile ranges Colonia and Camaro that won't break the bank.
    Karndean and Forbo have introduced vinyl wood plank and stone ranges that are loose laid on a release adhesive that means the product is not required to be adhered permanently and being a 5mm gauge have good acoustic and thermal properties.
    They are all pricey but will far outlast laminate and as Falconwood said is the best option in a entrance hall.
  • Options
    Grass
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Salad said:

Grass

No I'm not.
  • Options
    Don't suppose anyone on here runs a carpet/flooring shop do they?
  • Options

I like a nice long shag.

A shag on a shagpile not good for the knees, I'd go for laminate
    I would, only my wife prefers a mat finish.
    That's a great name for a striker Matt Finish
  • Options
    Carpet every time.
  • Options
    Carpet upstairs, wood / laminate / amtico downstairs.
  • Options
    Sawdust
  • Options
    Laminate in a kitchen thoughts?
  • Options
    Amtico - can get the wood look if that's what you are after but more hardwearing. Can be pricey though depending on kitchen size.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Feck me - if I ever needed reminding how shit being a Charlton fan is, it's the fact that the first post I jump to is debating the positives and negatives of carpet or laminate!
  • Options
    Came here to make an Edward G Robinson joke, already did it last year, carry on everyone
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Feck me - if I ever needed reminding how shit being a Charlton fan is, it's the fact that the first post I jump to is debating the positives and negatives of carpet or laminate!

• Options
    Is modern carpet easy to clean spills?
  • Options

Is modern carpet easy to clean spills?

Depends what type of spills you mean. Best to speak with Dave Mehmet, he's an expert of stain removal.
  • Options
    Depends what you're planning on doing on it. Carpet can burn.
  • Options
    Ha! Was thinking more of spilling a can of beer.
  • Options

Ha! Was thinking more of spilling a can of beer.

That would be a waste.